Thread: Private Channel Pine River

Private Channel Pine River

Hey guys,

I was checking out some new crabbing grounds down the pine river and came across this "private Channel" just up from Dohles Rocks.

There is a string of 200lt blue plastic drums blocking the entrance to the creek, and a heap of which look to be non-government issued signs saying "keep out" and "private channel"

correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't all waterways below the high tide crown or state land, and also isn't it an offence to obstruct a navigable waterway?

for interest sake I'd love to know the full story here, I hope it's not some kind of elitism by a few of the local property owners.

Looking at the screen shot it's the creek on the right cuts in behind that small island.
    image.jpg
    thoughts?

regards

lippa

ps, I got inspected by fisheries in the pine, wonderful and very thorough gentlemen. Was great to see them down there, sadly though, it's the second time I've been inspected in 20 years of pine river use.

Re: Private Channel Pine River

It is a natural waterway, in no way is it a man made canal.
    The owners of the land are illegally blocking that creek off.
    I have had issues with them doing this for over a decade now.
    Jack.

any ideas on to what authority are in charge here?

Should have asked the fisheries guys about it. Before that mcmansion was built you used to be able to drive up along it if you were game. The local degenerates hung out there and left their associated refuse behind( read used condoms needles etc) I am talking 25 years ago though. Never got much out of it. The odd cod in the crab pot was about it.

Tunaticer is right, it's a natural channel.
    I'd take a photo and sent it to Qld marine transport.

It totally slipped my mind when we were being inspected, it would have been the logical place to start.
    ill shoot an email to MSQ to see what they have to say. surely there's a reasonable explanation?

Great post lippa let us know how u get on.

@Fisheries Queensland can you shed any light?

ive emailed the catchment association, no reply as yet. I can't find an email for MSQ. I'll try calling them today if I get a chance.

lippa

Hey lippa I use to go up there when he had the smaller floats across it and use to pull a heap of muddies, don't crab down that way anymore