Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Re: Show Us Your Aquarium Fish....Past & Present

Hey great thread Cam.

I'm gunna start off with my tanks first, at the moment i have two tanks up and running first off my 6ftx2ftx2ft whish is my Aus Natives setup which is currently home to 1 Aussie bass, 4 scats, 1 bream and 2 crayfish. I have more fish to be added to this.

My second tank is my 4ftx1.5ftx1.5ft which is my chiclid setup basicly just 2 red devils and 4 brasilians I also have 1 bristlenose in there.

I also attached some pics of my barra which i used to have untill about 2 weeks ago. R.I.P... I had him since he was fingerling size and at 8 months old he measured 35cm.

I enjoy keeping fish even more so my Aus natives..

EDIT

Ok i got my pics up and running, with the help of ~~ Cammy the Legend~~!!!!! (lol i had to mate)
    Last edited by loophole; 10-04-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    "True Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by Deestingray View Post
    These are some of my fish, I keep them in a 4ft tank.
    I am into south american cichlids, mainly concentrating on one family known as the eartheaters.
    I currently have 2x Satanoperca Leucosticta, 2x Geophagus Surninamensis, 3x Geophagus Rio Pindare, 2x Clown loaches, 1 X Sailfin Pleco, 1x silver shark, 3 x congo tetras and an empire gudgeon.
    Have had most of these fish for about 3 years, one of the clown loaches is around 7 years old.
    I don't have a picture of the tank on this computer, will post up at a later date if anybody is interested.
    All very nice fish there mate.

Now your clown loach i think that is very rare patterning on the fish, i have never seen one like it , they are known as "oddballs". Anyway im making a thread on an aquarium site and showing the picture of your loach to see if its rare or not, but im pretty sure it's rare. They must be a decent size to, would you be able to get more pics of those loaches plz im very interested and also the full tank shots.

EDIT

ok mate i just had 8 ppl look at my thread and 8 ppl replie saying they have never seen this patterning in there life, and this is coming from members and moderators. so it looks liek you have an extremly RARE loach in your hands no joke, look after him reallly good, and if you ever sell him, it is worth what ever price tag you put on him. very nice loach man, feel proud.

here i will give you the link of the site to check it out.http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135590

EDIT #2

Well it looks likt its old age petterning, unless he had the same patterning when you bought him? but still a nice fish mate!

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 08-04-2008 at 02:57 PM.
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

hi cammo just a little country town pet shop, but its all good went to pet expo last year in brisbane ,was awesome, get some awesome discounts being in the pet trade....cheers bdowdy.brett

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    hi cammo just a little country town pet shop, but its all good went to pet expo last year in brisbane ,was awesome, get some awesome discounts being in the pet trade....cheers bdowdy.brett
    i hear ya mate, next time you go to the expo , look for Brisbane Pet Super Store, we usually have a setup there for viewing and selling.

does your shop have a setup there? if it does i'll have a look for it, whats the name?

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 08-04-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Hey cammy, didn't mean to alarm you, thanks for the verification though, nice to see I have one that is a bit different. I would probably agree with the fact that my cl is pretty old, he/she is actually the oldest fish I have and I bought it at about 6cm back in 2001. It is now about 20cm plus, a big one, but seems to have stopped growing. I definitely do like the patterns and have some more photos at home on my other machine, I will post them later on.
    Mark at Smiths Aquarium has a big one with a smiley face on the side. I am not kidding either and it is quite vivid.
    I like fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Deestingray View Post
    Hey cammy, didn't mean to alarm you, thanks for the verification though, nice to see I have one that is a bit different. I would probably agree with the fact that my cl is pretty old, he/she is actually the oldest fish I have and I bought it at about 6cm back in 2001. It is now about 20cm plus, a big one, but seems to have stopped growing. I definitely do like the patterns and have some more photos at home on my other machine, I will post them later on.
    Mark at Smiths Aquarium has a big one with a smiley face on the side. I am not kidding either and it is quite vivid.
    lol i just never seen one like that before, yer CL's grow then slow down alot, but they are slow growers anyway, and live for a while. Nice size one to mate , i think max size is 40cm.

Cammo
    Last edited by Cammy; 08-04-2008 at 04:03 PM.

All of my tanks are empty at the moment but I think I will look at setting one up again. My last tank was a mixed reef/fish setup. I "found" all of the corals and live rock locally. The system operated with minimal fuss for nearly two years before a heatwave when we were away caused a major collapse .
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Here is my Barramundi from just over a year back, Had a 6x2x2 tank in the lounge

Nice tank there horse, and that sponge is it? looks realy nice!

shoulda put the cat in the tank see what happens ,,, nice healthy barra there mate

Quote Originally Posted by cammy View Post
    i hear ya mate, next time you go to the expo , look for Brisbane Pet Super Store, we usually have a setup there for viewing and selling.

does your shop have a setup there? if it does i'll have a look for it, whats the name?

Cammo
    no mate we just look for new and interresting fish and gear.. cheers bdowdy..brett

This is my Murray Cod, Marlin. Had him about 15 months and he has grown from 5cm to about 30cm.

Mick

nice little cod mick there great fish, have you got your tank heated as i had murry cod and heated the tank WOW did he eat and grow so fast. cheers bdowdy..brett

Hers a few pics of my old jack which carked it when i went away on a fishing trip and got a bug. nearly had him right after some treatment and a good salting of the tank but succumbed to the same illness a month or so later. i was shattered and now have goldfish in the tank. Cheers Andrew

A couple of mine from my 6x2x2 reef.... Oscellaris Clowns, Emperor Angel (juvi - changing) and Blue Tang. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by bdowdy View Post
    nice little cod mick there great fish, have you got your tank heated as i had murry cod and heated the tank WOW did he eat and grow so fast. cheers bdowdy..brett
    Hi Brett,

I did heat his tank last winter to try and accelerate his growth, but this year I will let him tough it out so he doesn't keep the growth spurt up! he's almost outgrown his 3ft tank now & he's eating 3-4 8cm yabbies a week.

I guess I will need to source a 6x2x2 tank soon, does anyone has one they want to get rid of?

Mick