Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Proline 27 Walk - So Far So Good :)

Re: Proline 27 Walk - So Far So Good :)

Quote Originally Posted by rhodesey View Post
    The fuel consumption one km to the liter is that both engines combined, if so thats good going.
    Yeah I may have jumped the gun on that lol!! I got 1km per litre in the dead calm milk pond, sitting on 3500rpm or there abouts. This weekend I did about 300kms for 430 Liters It was rough, and heading douth into a southerly swell with the trim tabs in full trim and the rain jackets on in a 2m sea

@ Muddy Toes, its actually 29ft overall

Mustang,

I'm sure its your boat two houses up from my place in Mackay (Rural View). Are you permanently in Mackay now?

Quote Originally Posted by mustang5 View Post
    Yeah I may have jumped the gun on that lol!! I got 1km per litre in the dead calm milk pond, sitting on 3500rpm or there abouts. This weekend I did about 300kms for 430 Liters It was rough, and heading douth into a southerly swell with the trim tabs in full trim and the rain jackets on in a 2m sea

Nice rig.

$600 in fuel is okay if you can split the cost between 4 guys. Must admit though my missus wouldn't be happy with me doing that every weekend - you must be single

Now 29 feet long - you aren't counting the bowsprit are you? They really don't count.

Fully fueled and water on the boat you are towing a rig about 6t with a vehicle less than 2t and not much on the back wheels weight wise - be careful.

You mentioned broaching a bit - assume in a following sea you have the trim tabs up?

When I first picked up my boat I made sure it had clears on it ready to go. The mate I had with me after a couple of days out in strong winds off Lucinda said three best things invented by man are 1) "G" string, 2) A/C and 3) clears I agree

Sounds like you are enjoying the journey even with the trials - thanks for sharing
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by mustang5 View Post
    Is that with the engine tilted up or down.......

either way have fun in it mate, you've certainly done the hard yards to earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by devendiva View Post
    Mustang,

I'm sure its your boat two houses up from my place in Mackay (Rural View). Are you permanently in Mackay now?
    Yes it is in rural view for the moment, just until i sort out what im doing with work. Im pretty much there each weekend just a lousy 5hrs up the road. Ill be there friday afternoon come say gday

Trevally, believe it or not i had the boat weighed at a weigh bridge It came back at 2.72t which had half a tank of fuel. I think fully loaded would push past the 3.5t but i generally fuel
    Up in the marina for this reason. When i towed it from gladstone to mackay it was fully empty and the Navara did it with ease.

With regards to the broaching, yes that is in a heavy following sea, and the trim tabs arent engaged. I have since found that it is safer at a quicker speed in a following sea.

Yup! i am recently single, so living the dream atm

Haha yeah clears, g strings and a/c, but surely you have to add an electric anchor to
    That list :p

@muddy! I dont know what that includes, its just what all the specs say!!! Haha. And hey, if you can do the titanic off the bowsprit surely it counts?? J/k lol

very very nice
    it is hard to tell ,is it look better on water or on trailer
    I can just imagine the roar of that twins optimax
    I got one 150hp and it roar and rattles OK but I just love it for fuel economy

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I don't think so Brett, look at the motors in the 4th picture.....look familiar?

Yes Anthony, but he has a spare one just in case so he will be fine at the M&G.

Top looking rig and looks as though you are getting it sorted. Mine is in the middle of the Pacific somewhere so should be here in 3 weeks.

Boat is still going strong, I cannot fault it.

A couple of weeks back I got caught in some serious conditions.. Im not a good judge of sea height, however Im talking 3-4m which seemed vertical at the time.. Well above the boat anyways..

I never thought Id be calling for life jackets in a 27ft boat, but yes, they came out pretty quick, and so did a few white faces.

How did she handle?? Well lets just say the boat can handle more than the skipper can. haha!! The bruises were not pretty.

Attached is a pic from earlier on, this was when we were still able to plane... A bit later on, closer to land was, and will be the worst seas Ive seen.

For those interested this was up near Cape Capricorn

Love the Mercs, and the American boats built for these conditions
    Rough Water.jpg

More importantly did you catch any FISH ??

Two sharks and a few cod. Nothing notable haha

Congrats on your boat, getting it all up to task and getting used to her ways all good fun. Yes I was very surprised at the initial fuel figures, just didn't add up but the later ones look more like it. The hull must be also very light for it's size, my 22' tinny is heavier than that at around 3 tonne BMT with only half fuel @ 200litres and close to 3.5T fully loaded. Some type of foam sandwich construction I assume?
    The broaching is a bit of a bitch but some things can help, keeping the tabs out of play, engines trimmed out as far as possible and getting some weight to the stern or at least out of the front end as much as you can. If it ever gets real nasty at sea get your crew down on the stern.
    Anyway thanks for sharing your experience with it all.

Hey John,

Yeah I suppose the biggest factor in the fuel consumption with such a big boat is the conditions. I find it uses close to km per litre in calm, and about double that in rough stuff, which is to be expected.

The boat is light for its size, and towing it really isnt as bad as I once expected.

Yeah I still havent had much rough water experience in it in order to find the happy medium. I left the tabs out of play in a following sea, but my god they help head on. (Just need the rain jackets )

bit suprised to see your boat up for sale though after following all the posts mustang!!!!!

Never Happy selling but when its gotta go its gotta go

What's the reason for selling is it that bad or you worried bout the optics?