Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

Thanks. I know where not to go for a new boat. an apology will mean nothing form scum like those blokes.

I think I would have taken the motor back and got a refund and bought the motor else where even if it cost a little more...
    I phone call followed up with an email with pictures would have been sent to Suzuki Australia and CC'd to there head office.

Springwood Marine have been around for a lot of years and to have this happen to a NEW motor is disgraceful and they need to be held accountable for there neglect. Even if they offered you a free service you would have to be MAD to trust them to touch your motor.

When they go belly up and they will with efforts like this.. I am sure there will be a post on here screaming bad economy, bad government for there reasons for closing down and in the end it will be facts like this that closed there doors.

Another interesting thing is, when I read posts like this regarding shoddy workmanship, 99% of the time there is at least one person defending the "wrong do-ers" as they have had a good experience.... bottom of page 2 and still no-one sticking up for Springwood...... I guess that says it all.... Crap place to do business.
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    I could not read this post. Learn to use some punctuation.
    Maybe you should learn some manners , who gives a rats about punctuation?

That Fully SUX ...what a low act.
    I can't believe that a supposed 'reputable'business would even think about trying to get away with that.
    It defn would appear to be a case of fraud.....& as others have said Suzuki Aust should know about it real quick.
    I have never had my motor serviced there & now I know why...!!!!
    Hope the NEW donk is going well.

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyslapper View Post
    Maybe you should learn some manners , who gives a rats about punctuation?
    If I didn't use word first, I wouldn't even be able to read my own posts lol. I had no trouble reading his post, would have taken a long time to type it out so thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post
    Suzuki Marine Australia should be notified of this issue as they have signed on with Springwood Marine to supply outboards. I'm sure they would not be very impressed if they knew a dealership they were doing business with was falsely supplying "USED" outboards and palming them off as "NEW" outboards.
    X2 go straight to the manufacturer they need to know what their suppliers are doing to Customers I will be looking at a Suzuki in the future and I know where I will not be buying one from. And people wonder why businesses go under. This is why crap service. Word of mouth is what contributes to a businesses seccess. I would call the Owner of Springwood Marine and have a good talk to him to.

Even if they offered free services, just say sure, but I'll have them done at ******* Marine and the bill sent to Springwood...

It's good to hear stories like this, however there is "always" another side. I hope Springwood Marine come on here to try and explain themselves. (Try being the key word here)

At least you didn't get ripped fully..

Thumbs up to the guys who fitted the motor!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    Mate sorry to here your story everyone's nightmare come true that is but your lucky origin boats picked up on it full credit to them they must actually care about the customer unlike springwood marine. I had dramas with them last year all was sorted but they did not give me a free service they offered me on following service that the owner of springwood posted up on here (ausfish) instead post got deleted. Sorry to hear you miss fortune
    I remember that post - after all that they did not even honor the commitment they made?? That is pissweak.

Well done Col and the team at Origin.

Well as much as I hate to say it, I’m not too surprised. I have had mates that have been through the similar crap with this mob. Seems they are dodgier than peter slipper.
    How can you stuff up an order for a brand new donk to a second hand motor with more hours and cosmetic damage on it than an old hooker?
    Its no wonder there nickname is “Springwood latrine”.

hey stuart that quote of yours.. Seems they are dodgier than peter slipper.
    How can you stuff up an order for a brand new donk to a second hand motor with more hours and cosmetic damage on it than an old hooker?
    Its no wonder there nickname is “Springwood latrine”. mate that is just priceless hahahahahahaha thanks for the laugh I dont know if I have all the commas and full stops and things in the correct places or not, care factor is nil but I am sure the average jo blogs can understand what we are trying to get across yeah

I was going to help out and edit the original post so that it has the proper use of grammar.. but after I finished I still had three commas and a full stop left over so I decided to give that idea a miss ...

How dodgy is that place.. and like you said if you had not had a 3rd party fit that motor nobody would have been the wiser that it had already been fitted previously.. so the question would have to be WHY was it then taken off unless it was the dodgy pre Christmas engine... This belongs on a Shame file!!
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

Wouldn't be hard to find out if its the same motor that Rosco1974 had fitted...
    I am sure Mack Chaser and Rosco1974 have VIN numbers wrote down on the paper work from Springwood Marine to compare the two against..

Cheers

Yeah that would be very interesting indeed fishfinder.....truly you'd have to be insane to run a business in that manner these days wouldn't you?
    Mate hope it all ends well for you and great work that the dodgy donk was brought to your attention in time.

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    Mate sorry to here your story everyone's nightmare come true that is but your lucky origin boats picked up on it full credit to them they must actually care about the customer unlike springwood marine. I had dramas with them last year all was sorted but they did not give me a free service they offered me on following service that the owner of springwood posted up on here (ausfish) instead post got deleted. Sorry to hear you miss fortune
    i remember that issue. There was quite a few people singing their praises cos they fixed what they should have done in the first place. So they didnt give you a free service after all that??