Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: LNP Fishing policy

Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Unlike most here, I am prepared to wait for the policy.... it'll take me 5 minutes to read it, 5 minutes to digest it... then what do I do for the remaining weeks until the election. ? I can't debate something I know nothing about.

Seriously.............. a lawyer ? Doctor ? Uni Strudent ?.......... or a Marine Biologist ( that fishes regularly ) ? Maybe I am short sighted, but it seems a no brainer to me. The question then is......... of the LNP canditates, who is your choice of Fisheries Minsiter... Mike ? and the reasons would be nice...
    Debate??? I'm just asking your opinion Phil, that's all. Will you be satisfied if the LNP policy comes out stating the M/Bay green zones will be "reviewed" and "assessed", and what if there's a retraction from the LNP's previous position of allowing 1 rod in green zones?

My LNP policy wish is for a clear statement that the amount of M/Bay covered by green zones will be reduced, and 1 rod permitted in green zones. The later is a deal breaker afaImc.

To answer your question, my choice for a LNP Fisheries Minister would be MP Mark, mainly because he's been very vocal on behalf of anglers but most importantly in the election lead up he's been the shadow in that portfolio. I've always disliked it when incoming Premiers (and PMs) shuffle the portfolios as soon as they gain office, how can they be good enough on day - then after the election they're not.
    And IMO having a Marine Bio degree isn't the be all end all to owning the Fisheries portfolio. MP Mark has a Bachelor degree in Science majoring in Marine Bio, but he also has a PHD and a Masters in other subjects plus the last 25 years working education, by your rational wouldn't Education be a better fit. Just my opinion Phil, ability not papers.

a Bachelaor of Arts is a subject that just gets you a Uni degree.... apparently you can get them on Ebay............ just saying.
    LP
    I'll pass that info on to my daughter, thanks.

EDIT; I just showed her your post Phill and she told me if her OP score wasn't quite as good as it was she could have still done Marine Bio.

Did I see your son ( ? ) in the paper the other day... pic with fish ???

All good... I'm just starting to realise I have joined the GOM's.

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

welcome aboard Phill

All good... I'm just starting to realise I have joined the GOM's.
    cheers Phill
    Your not a GOM Phill
    You drink pinko drinks.
    Your a member of GOS's (Grumpy Old Shiela's).
    I was gunna say your a GOD but your not a dramaqueen or dragon or what rhythms with bike.

Can I get banned for that??
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Phill (with 2 x LL's) you only just realised?
    Tangles KFC

To the Ausfishers on this thread, I am still here and listening. You have been very patient, but I will have something to say soon. I haven't lost interest, but as someone said, I have had a thing or two to do. It is important to get things right. I hope your 2012 has started well. While some other groups are promising the world, the question is, is it sustainable? Is it responsible?

head down and bum up now Mark..a bit of work to do.

I was under the impression that the LNP policies were all done and just had to be cut and pasted everywhere.
    Obviously I had the wrong impression.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Thumbs up Re: LNP Fishing policy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    To the Ausfishers on this thread, I am still here and listening. You have been very patient, but I will have something to say soon. I haven't lost interest, but as someone said, I have had a thing or two to do. It is important to get things right. I hope your 2012 has started well. While some other groups are promising the world, the question is, is it sustainable? Is it responsible?
    A. Yes & Yes

A bit of Gaffa tape on your bosses mouth would be beneficial too to reduce foot in mouth & backflip disease

Now the properganda really begins

thanks for the post mark, we look forward to the LNP policy on fisheries management and indeed policy on the management of all outdoor recreation areas under government control. you should add another criteria to your "sustainable" and "responsible" criteria ...................................... "possible", do not try to sell us anything that's not possible. i understand that at least one of your competitors has made a policy offering on this site but has not indicated how he/they will make their policies possible given the current financial situation of our state.

will this be another of those elections? We all know the ones. Where the incumbent Govt is not liked so a new mob is elected on the back of numerour policies..BUT..once they are elected they bleat on about not being able to do anything as the budget or some other reason prevents them from doing what they propose..and life meanders on like it was prior to the election with nothing changing.

Thanks for your input mark , I can't wait for the next episode in this wait for our policy story Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks for your input mark , I can't wait for the next episode in this wait for our policy story Matt P.S once again informative and to the point
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

It is well documented and factual that ( Federally speaking here ) when a Conservation Government wins office ffom the Labor / Unionist type, it gets the books back into the black, but not straight away.

If the State ( as a business ) was up for sale or listed on the ASX....... would anyone be silly enough to buy in, given the current ledger ?

I realise that when the LNP take control of our State in March, they have a lot of work to do.......... the focus of this work must be management/ accounting... closely followed by attempting to deliver election promises.

IF we go into an election thinking that the winner will never deliver on promises, then I am afraid that is exactly what we will get.

I look forward to seeing the people in charge putting their best foot forward, " head down & bum up " as was eluded to here abouts. I do not expect miracles.

I expect a Sardine and a slice of Bread, and if I get sauce on the sardine and butter on the bread....I am a happy camper. If I expect a 3 course banquet, I am dreaming and setting myself up for a nasty fall.

I don't think we'll see huge differences to our daily lives after the State election, this can only come in 2 years time when the LNP take control of the Federal Government. This is in reference to our Marine wish list......... as there are many Feredal laws that inter-twine with State law and if the State is LNP and the Fed's are ALP, there will be no shift in policy that is " complimentary " or " joint ". Things like Coral Sea, Bio-Regional areas, GBRMP, AFA's & some Commercial activities. Also taxation issues in relation to Tourism incentives, commercial fishing, charter and guides. All environmental issues are certainly associated with Federal Government regulation and much more.

Really, what can we expect from a new State power ?

Things that won't cost money, initially.

Simple things like altering or changing Regulations will be first. Then they might look at other areas in relation to thier priority ( who's priority is the question, I suppose ).

Spending the dollars that aren't there is going to be tough, but as I said, get the house-keeping done first, get the finances under control and maybe that can assist in opening the moth ridden wallet for some of our " wish list " items.

Hands up those who would like the incoming Treasurers job ???

good morning. from a GOM.

Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here