Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mondy from the back court

Re: Mondy from the back court

Quote Originally Posted by leelee View Post

Sorry about the crap leccy driving but its hard to stop a glass boat and get it in reverse on the leccy.

More leasons learnt.

Cheers

Lee
    You know the money you blokes spend on these ski boats you could have bought yourself a decent tinny, very responsive even with the leccy and not real thirsty.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    You know the money you blokes spend on these ski boats you could have bought yourself a decent tinny, very responsive even with the leccy and not real thirsty.

I upgraded my trailcraft profish 4.5 with its merc 60hp 4 stroke and I use the same amount of fuel in this boat as I did in that one. Cost us about $60 for the 3 days fishing which is not that bad considring where we went.

The downside is the effort needed to reverse the boat on the leccy but thats pretty much sorted now. 100% of the leccy speed fixes that problem but you just need to be able to control the boat through the widow makers which can get scary.

This is one sport that both boats offer advanatges over the other, but that is really only dam specific and Mondy being one of them I guess.

Cheers

Lee

I upgraded my trailcraft profish 4.5 with its merc 60hp 4 stroke and I use the same amount of fuel in this boat as I did in that one. Cost us about $60 for the 3 days fishing which is not that bad considring where we went.

The downside is the effort needed to reverse the boat on the leccy but thats pretty much sorted now. 100% of the leccy speed fixes that problem but you just need to be able to control the boat through the widow makers which can get scary.

This is one sport that both boats offer advanatges over the other, but that is really only dam specific and Mondy being one of them I guess.

Cheers

Lee
    Be careful of that Daryl fella Lee He's making me cover my rig with a camo blanket at Muster so I am not so embarrassing for the boys and girls with real boats Quinnies, Poly's. The cheek of him

What leccy are you running.....70 or an 80 perhaps?.......got to be careful at 100% especially when jumping full lock into reverse.....almost threw myself overboard one day

That's pretty good fuel economy too. We went through about $70 of juice in four days at Mondy in March with three bookends on board....average trip was the distance of the ramp to B Bay and back, twice a day. I am getting my data from an onboard NMEA system so she's reasonably accurate to the hundredth of a litre.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    4.45 Hornet with all the toys was my last ride And l too tell the same story . Fuel usage is miminal and ride...Well l will never go back to a tinny ..No more slap slap...And l stay dry....

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    4.45 Hornet with all the toys was my last ride And l too tell the same story . Fuel usage is miminal and ride...Well l will never go back to a tinny ..No more slap slap...And l stay dry....
    Know what you mean about the slap slap Trevor, I loved my 445 Hornet (along with the dozen or so other tinnys I've had over the years) although the slap slap slap drove me nuts

My current boat is not called a Stealth for no reason

And Daryl - I know you can't honestly say you didn't enjoy running laps around the rear casting deck

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    What leccy are you running.....70 or an 80 perhaps?.......got to be careful at 100% especially when jumping full lock into reverse.....almost threw myself overboard one day
    yeah mate its a 82lb tour edition.

Would have a 36v system if I coudl but don't wan't to carry around that many batterys.

Cheers

Lee

At 37-odd kgs each for maintenance free which I run, I don't blame you Lee. You would be need to running 3 batteries for the leccy alone, plus cranking battery plus another for electronics maybe....it adds up and that is a lot of bulk at the stern.

Looks a really nice rig Lee. Look forward to having a good look over it in September if you're at the Muster. I bet you're absolutely tickled pink with the Nitro mate.

Cheers
    Paul

I've gotta say ..... the old hornet looks a little sick when compared to these 17ft fast glass boats ( particularly the slap slap slap)
    fuel economy is very surprising

I need to keep saving my pennies

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

At 37-odd kgs each for maintenance free which I run, I don't blame you Lee. You would be need to running 3 batteries for the leccy alone, plus cranking battery plus another for electronics maybe....it adds up and that is a lot of bulk at the stern.

Looks a really nice rig Lee. Look forward to having a good look over it in September if you're at the Muster. I bet you're absolutely tickled pink with the Nitro mate.

Cheers
    Paul
    yes I agree with the battery's. The 36 volter would add another few kgs thats for sure.

Thanks for the comments on the nitro. I love it as it is a lot of boat for its size then its comparable rival which comes in at 1 foot less in length, carrys 6 gallons less of fuel, haul around 200lbs less and have a much smaller livewell system, plus i have 2 rod lockers not 1, so the choice was pretty simple for me.

Its not the fastest boat out there but she gets along quite well with the 115 and hopefully if all goes to plan it might go a fraction quicker, as long as the holeshot does not suffer, but thats another story.

Hoping to make it to the muster but if I do it will only be for a few days at the most.

Cheers

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I've gotta say ..... the old hornet looks a little sick when compared to these 17ft fast glass boats ( particularly the slap slap slap)
    fuel economy is very surprising

I need to keep saving my pennies

Chris
    Just pimp the rides Chris....you're welcome on the Chariot any old time mate.

Sorry about the crap leccy driving but its hard to stop a glass boat and get it in reverse on the leccy.

More leasons learnt.

Cheers

Lee
    Lee, don't lose any sleep over it mate, all boats are a little different to handle I know i had issues trying to manovre Chris's boat under lecy power in reverse, quite different to mine and i also use a radio control which with my own boat is a breeze I haven't used one of those foot pedal controls for many years, i find the radio control much easier to use.

So mate just slap it into the memory bank for the next time, keep smiling and catching barra

Cheers,
    John.

Just pimp the rides Chris....you're welcome on the Chariot any old time mate.

Thanks Paul ....... but I cant drink that much ....... Hopefully I'll get out there again with you.

Its Always enjoyable going for a spin in someones fast glass boat ........ but there is something said for being on the front court in your own boat

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thanks Paul ....... but I cant drink that much ....... Hopefully I'll get out there again with you.

Its Always enjoyable going for a spin in someones fast glass boat ........ but there is something said for being on the front court in your own boat

Chris

He who drives, wins

Nothing like ponies on the back though, a squirt in the purple mozzie a month or so ago, hard to get back in the hornet!
    That slap slap drives me insane, but the ability to crash into trees when chasing a fish is the governing factor - currently.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    He who drives, wins

Nothing like ponies on the back though, a squirt in the purple mozzie a month or so ago, hard to get back in the hornet!
    That slap slap drives me insane, but the ability to crash into trees when chasing a fish is the governing factor - currently.
    without a doubt Brian ..... with the exception when the boat is tethered & you are both on the back court .

However - - - Nothing like picking the line to cast
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Lee, don't lose any sleep over it mate, all boats are a little different to handle I know i had issues trying to manovre Chris's boat under lecy power in reverse, quite different to mine and i also use a radio control which with my own boat is a breeze I haven't used one of those foot pedal controls for many years, i find the radio control much easier to use.

So mate just slap it into the memory bank for the next time, keep smiling and catching barra

Cheers,
    John.
    For sure. Youralways have to look at the negatives and remeber next time how NOT to do it. I guess thats what heppens when you learn from your mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    He who drives, wins

Is that the purple skeeter that is/was for sale not long ago?

........ but there is something said for being on the front court in your own boat

Chris
    Says the man who hooked 2 good barra from the back of the boat

I know what you mean mate. Next time for sure you can do some more leccy work and I will be more calm and collected because I will not get stung by a wasp again

Cheers

Lee