Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nort East Business Park,,,, one step closer

Re: Nort East Business Park,,,, one step closer

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post

Stage 3,,, (you wont believe this) Caloundra South Project,,, approved and sanctioned late last week,,, This project will be Housing/Residential,,, Industrial,,, Tourist industries,,,, IT WILL link,, Caloundra to Donnybrook to Toorbul,, via an arterial "highway" similar to that that connects Maroochydore to Noosa. The Residential side will house 30-45,000

choppa,,, the messenger only,,,,lol
    Oh god...I just hope that it isn't development right down to the waterfront where we loose more of the "natural" foreshore etc...

I think that with the big public tertiary hospital going in at Kawana plus all the other development etc a more direct route from the south is inevitable, but I hope it is managed to minimize the environmental impact.

The word I heard was that NEBP needed fill from the dredging of the river and marina in order for the rest of the development to work, thus the desire to retain those parts of the plan. The upper Caboolture River around and downstream from the highway bridge is extremely stressed from sewage input and the NEBP development provides an opportunity to take the sewage water and use it on the golf courses etc, thus helping the upper river, which is presently extremely degraded (e.g. has a dead zone during the summer months with no oxygen in it). That and proper riparian rehabilitation in the area of the new development will be a very big upside for the upper/middle river if the development goes ahead. Downside is the dredging and the increased boat traffic potentially causing bank erosion and pollution from outboard/inboard emissions etc..

Deception Bay and Pumicestone Passage are already very stressed ecologically, so addition of many tens of thousands more people via developments such as Caloundra South will accelerate the degradation of these areas even further. While the proponents will try to mitigate some environmental impacts, the cumulative impacts still accumulate. Unless water quality declines at a whole of catchment scale can be halted and improvements can be made (lets get developers talking seriously about marine rehabilitation as part of these projects) , we will end up with poorer quality fish habitat, which will mean less fish and less biodiversity. Thats the price of "progress".

hey ben, as a local i really appreciate inside /outside information on this development. with the current state of the caboolture river as you have stated is poor, if this project does go ahead (i'm talking marina here) do you think it could work in a eco/sustainability way?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben D View Post
    The word I heard was that NEBP needed fill from the dredging of the river and marina in order for the rest of the development to work, thus the desire to retain those parts of the plan. The upper Caboolture River around and downstream from the highway bridge is extremely stressed from sewage input and the NEBP development provides an opportunity to take the sewage water and use it on the golf courses etc, thus helping the upper river, which is presently extremely degraded (e.g. has a dead zone during the summer months with no oxygen in it). That and proper riparian rehabilitation in the area of the new development will be a very big upside for the upper/middle river if the development goes ahead. Downside is the dredging and the increased boat traffic potentially causing bank erosion and pollution from outboard/inboard emissions etc..

Deception Bay and Pumicestone Passage are already very stressed ecologically, so addition of many tens of thousands more people via developments such as Caloundra South will accelerate the degradation of these areas even further. While the proponents will try to mitigate some environmental impacts, the cumulative impacts still accumulate. Unless water quality declines at a whole of catchment scale can be halted and improvements can be made (lets get developers talking seriously about marine rehabilitation as part of these projects) , we will end up with poorer quality fish habitat, which will mean less fish and less biodiversity. Thats the price of "progress".
    Quote Originally Posted by sig632f View Post
    hey ben, as a local i really appreciate inside /outside information on this development. with the current state of the caboolture river as you have stated is poor, if this project does go ahead (i'm talking marina here) do you think it could work in a eco/sustainability way?

without a word,,,

isn't it funny we all heard sweet fk all about this prior to a certain,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

hey choppa, excuse my ignorance, what does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    without a word,,,

isn't it funny we all heard sweet fk all about this prior to a certain,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just mulling over this Marina park with another cappuccino. How about NO public boat ramp at it, instead, dredge, clean, etc etc the river from Bakers flats to the mouth and upgrade the Beachmere & Burpengary ramps, toilets, lighting, security & parking.
    Just leave the Marina with the moored boats. Less traffic on the river and better for the rec fishers. It is a long way up the river to get to and from the marina and everybody will be in a hurry to get out to the water. 6 knots. No way. Just my thoughts.

hey tony, i'm wondering whether choppa means that it's funny how all of this has stayed very quiet in the lead up to a local government election, our current mayor is opposed to it but who knows what the remainder of the council thinks. i find it incredible that such a large development with such a massive impact has not even been mentioned prior to either the state or local elections. for instance, does anyone know which way chris whiting swings on this development? he's our local member and now wants to be mayor.

i have the same fears GF, there's no way anyone will stick to 6 knots, it's very narrow and an accident just waiting to happen, there's no way you'd want to be up there fishing if the river just becomes the only driveway into a 1400 berth facility, it'll just be the end of safe recreational use for the river.

In my opinion it is all too big for caboolture to digest yet.
    Maybe after the rocksberg / wamuran project nears completion it might kick off, but right now its not gonna happen.
    1 tennant is not an industrial park make.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    In my opinion it is all too big for caboolture to digest yet.
    Maybe after the rocksberg / wamuran project nears completion it might kick off, but right now its not gonna happen.
    1 tennant is not an industrial park make.
    Whats going on up there Jack?
    Shawn

Northeast marina park.jpg
    This is a copied pic off Google Earth ,( if it works) where the Park will be. I assume.

They've renamed the development North Harbour now. But for anyone who's interested they have had a website up and running for a fair while now and it's got plenty of info on what they're proposing to do. http://www.northeastbusinesspark.com/

Basically it is a new version of Northlakes between upper Caboolture river Road to Wamuran. 15000 homes plus major shopping centre and service industries. Starts just west of the waste transport plant on cab river road and heads NW to Wamuran.
    Stage two will almost link Rocksberg to the first stage.

Woolworths has either just started or is about to.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Basically it is a new version of Northlakes between upper Caboolture river Road to Wamuran. 15000 homes plus major shopping centre and service industries. Starts just west of the waste transport plant on cab river road and heads NW to Wamuran.
    Stage two will almost link Rocksberg to the first stage.

Woolworths has either just started or is about to.
    i could be wrong here TT,,,, Aldi is in first place followed via Coles,,,,, Woolworths placed their hand up but was put in reserve due to their presence around the current "market place"?

2 in Caboolture,,, 1 on Bribie already??
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE