Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: New boats direct/leisure freight and import?

Re: New boats direct/leisure freight and import bankrupt?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rossiter View Post
    As I said on the 4/6/13, both companies should keep this off an internet forum.

As for New Boats Direct, if you have time to log on to a forum and respond to multiple posts, then why can't you pick up the phone to take a phone call, it will be quicker, try it with a stopwatch and let me know the results. No one forced you to reply on this forum and stop being concerned about your business reputation, it appears you managed to stuff that up all by yourself. All Ric wanted was a few answers, which you still have not provided, and now the bloke has to remove the word bankrupt from the thread name, why would/should he do that ? It has question mark at the end of the title which means he is asking a question not making a statement........
    Justin

I couldn't agree more. Yep done an all nighter.

Di
    New Boats Direct

Glacier Bay - World Cat - Carolina Cat - Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Just something to ponder over...... you know, in case anyone is so inclined

Customer service
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. According to Turban et al. (2002),[1] "Customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction – that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation."
    Hi Dogsbody

Yep that's the way its supposed to work.

Di
    New Boats Direct

Quote Originally Posted by FatBuoy View Post
    Any trader should know that a client who has paid in full, has not rec delivery, and can not get thru to communicate with you for a month, is going to be dangerous.

May we simplify things, into one simple pleasant question?

How is the trailer going?
    Hi FatBuoy

It left the USA on the 10th June 2012. Got the confirmation late last nite.

Di
    New Boats Direct

Re: New boats direct/leisure freight and import?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    So was I right with my guess of who The Facts is?
    Hi Muddy Toes

Yes you were correct. "The Facts" is a nasty shipping competitor of mine. Guess I must be a real threat huh?

Yep I know I am spending time on here Justin - but spoke to Ric yeaterday morning - and will most likely hear from him today too and thought I would pop in and see what else you have all had to say.

Di
    New Boats Direct

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    be wery wery qwiet, i'm hunting wabbitts
    LOL - Yep big viscious wabbits. Hope you manage to bag it.

Di
    New Boats Direct

Quote Originally Posted by New Boats Direct View Post
    Hi FatBuoy

It left the USA on the 10th June 2012. Got the confirmation late last nite.

Di
    So it left the USA 9 days ago? You only just confirmed that ....... Seriously Ma'am, you have problems communicating with everyone?!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    So it left the USA 9 days ago? You only just confirmed that ....... Seriously Ma'am, you have problems communicating with everyone?!
    Hi FatBuoy

Even though I know it was loaded on the ship - I like to wait for the confirmation from the Line which can take a week or more as they do the Manifest against the Load Master's Reports. So then I can say difinitively that it was loaded and left on the ship. Belive me - it is worse when you say it loaded and then find out from the Line once they do the Manifest that for some reason it didn't load.

Welcome to the world of shipping!

What are you doing up so early?

Di
    New Boats Direct

Quote Originally Posted by New Boats Direct View Post

Even though I know it was loaded on the ship - I like to wait for the confirmation from the Line which can take a week or more as they do the Manifest against the Load Master's Reports. So then I can say difinitively that it was loaded and left on the ship. Belive me - it is worse when you say it loaded and then find out from the Line once they do the Manifest that for some reason it didn't load.

Welcome to the world of shipping!

What are you doing up so early?

Di
    Sorry late nite - should have been Hi Boat Hog

Can't keep up with all your names....
    New Boats Direct

Ric

I hope you just get your trailer, it is ok and you can get out on the water and start to erase this whole dam mess. You certainly have been screwed around big time.

All the best
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Ric

I hope you just get your trailer, it is ok and you can get out on the water and start to erase this whole dam mess. You certainly have been screwed around big time.

All the best
    Steve
    Yep, i've got a 7.5m (8.2 loa)plate alloy cat i built for the last 12 months ready to go on the trailer for fitout and engines.

In the time honoured way of Internet forums, having failed at running a business myself, I now consider myself a subject matter expert in all things business related.

So....

I am glad it appears to be on its way to you Ric. I feel sorry for you with your bad experience.

But I also feel sorry for Di. She may, or may not, have stuffed up in her handling of it, but it appears that she has got a difficult situation to deal with and is trying to resolve it.

She at least has courage of her convictions and appears to be transparently straight foreword in her dealings with it. I could be wrong.

Just saying... good luck to both parties. Her business is probably a difficult one.

I have never had dealings or knowledge of any parties involved.

(Using Tapatalk on iPhone so can't easily 'thank' or 'like')

Quote Originally Posted by Boat Hog View Post
    9 days and 1 year.

Hoggy isn't fat, he eats well though.

Di Its really two calls you should've made. The first when they said it was loaded and the second when it was confirmed by the manifest. So many problems can be fixed by simple communication as you're trying to do now.

Customers can be a forgiving bunch so long as they feel they're not being bullshitted to or left hung out to dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    9 days and 1 year.

Hoggy isn't fat, he eats well though.

Di Its really two calls you should've made. The first when they said it was loaded and the second when it was confirmed by the manifest. So many problems can be fixed by simple communication as you're trying to do now.

Customers can be a forgiving bunch so long as they feel they're not being bullshitted to or left hung out to dry.
    Hi Jarrah Jack

Ok - gees - for the record - I did tell Ric he had been loaded in the phone calls since it was loaded but with the caveat to Ric that I wanted to wait for the confirmation from the line.

Guys really....

.... Di
    New Boats Direct

Well I have to say this was a good read. Reminds me of a certain thread of a manufacturer and client up north that was not impressed with his finished product. Anyone know what happened to that?

Quote Originally Posted by jmwarner View Post
    Well I have to say this was a good read. Reminds me of a certain thread of a manufacturer and client up north that was not impressed with his finished product. Anyone know what happened to that?
    LOL Classic!

Well I know this - the trtailers are very swanky - so that won't be an issue.

Di
    New Boats Direct