119 28.20%
  • Gulp

303 71.80%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

Re: Squidgies Vs Gulp ?

i had a sneaky look at the new squidgys last night

they come with a small packet of "goop" for smearing on the sp

the "goop" looked a lot like old fat from a deep fryer and didnt smell too bad

i belive these come out some time in october

also some new colors

i didnt vote on this as i use them all squidgy,gulp ,bozo,power bait and anything else that cathes my eye at the shop they all seem to work for flathead

GULPS are my confidence SP (3" Craws in Camo & pumpkin seed... for Bream) .... Very difficult to ignore them I'm trying to use other non gulps for other species ...... Nagg

I have now caught nearly 20 differant species on the 1 lure, the gulp 3inch grub in pumpkinseed, heres the last 4 additions and an old faithful flatty, this is the best estuary lure i have ever used. The toads eating the tails off is there only problem, but it only proves how much the gulp attracts genuine feeding hits.
    As the fish are nearly always lip hooked, it makes release a breeze, all these swam away fine.
    goldspot

grunter bream

baby cod

old faithful

I haven't even seen the gulp's. Maybe my tackleworld store has been hiding them from me?

I have just started and I find I have had more hits on GULPS than Squidgies.
    Bubs Fish till ya drop......Clark 4.49 Rebel SC 60hp Merc Lowrance HDS Carbon 9in & FS 7in

Quote Originally Posted by Dunco View Post
    I haven't even seen the gulp's. Maybe my tackleworld store has been hiding them from me?

Mate try BCF at Domain Central or even Kmart.
    Bubs Fish till ya drop......Clark 4.49 Rebel SC 60hp Merc Lowrance HDS Carbon 9in & FS 7in

Yea I think i'll have a look at BCF, I've seen their wall of SP's never taken any notice. Allways bought my tackle from the little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunco View Post
    Yea I think i'll have a look at BCF, I've seen their wall of SP's never taken any notice. Allways bought my tackle from the little guy.
    I hear ya but some times the big guys have the better price and range.

There is no bigger fan of gulps than me, especially the grubs/swimming mullets, but I have had dramas with some packets with regards to mishaped tails. One packet I bought recently had a less than 50% content of acceptable tails, the rest were useless. The packets with the trays have nearly 100% perfect contents and are worth searching for,
    cheers

I've found that out of these two, squidgies have caught me better quality fish and gulps have caught a larger quantity.

Most of the squidgies range need a bit more skill to master whereas the gulps are pretty much put it in front of the fish, if its hungry it will eat it. A good option for people starting out on sp's.

The one thing that annoys me about gulps is the fragile nature of them. I will go through a packet of gulps in an average session whereas i might only go through 2 or 3 max of the squidgies, atomics or even only 1 of the snapbacks. Any gulps that are left on the end of the rod while changing spots are often dried up and good for nothing.

I use both and both have there pro's and con's but my favourite all time sp is the squidgy flickbait.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    GULPS are my confidence SP (3" Craws in Camo & pumpkin seed... for Bream) .... Very difficult to ignore them I'm trying to use other non gulps for other species ...... Nagg

How do you hook up the craws? Tail first or head first? Do you bend the tail around the bend of the hook, or keep the craw straight ?