View Poll Results: Should we be looking at a different date?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • should we look at a different date?

1 8.33%
  • 10th 11th 12th

1 8.33%
  • 24th 25th 26th

11 91.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: SOMERSET SESSION Midyear Muster 25th July

Re: SOMERSET SESSION July Midyear Muster

Well I am back!

I like many other poor simple people made the mistake of going back to Bigpond need I say more .

But three days and 211 phone calls later I am back.

I did type up a lenghty schpeel about Somerset and it was as I sent it the %$^& Net crashed ^@#%^ Telstra Bigpond Answering machines and negotiating with poor bastards who prolly know what they are on about but I can't understand a bloody word .

So Camping at Kirkleigh, pay at the Kiosk on entry Impoundment permits and boating permits are available there if required.

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    I am maybe at this stage.

Sounds like icy fun
    I'm thinking - - in nice & early with a roaring fire ........
    & plenty of rocket fuel

sounds different ....... so I'm in

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

so come on darryl what dates ya thinking

Not risking getting cut off so post as I go!

The boating permit cost no doubt goes to some worthwhile cause

Be mindful the ramps at Somerset are like roads at 500 m long to accommodate the varying water levels and there are markers in the channel at low level so this is funded some how? Pity they didn't put some in Monbloodyduran!

I am looking at the end of July and will lock in a date ASAP.
    As it happens a certain old Fart turns 50 about the same time and there are some family obligations apparently :huh:.

It will be cold. Stock up on Masked vibes if you see them on special, sliders, plastic bassers, spinner baits, bass hard bodies and ice jigs. Hopefully you won't need the ice saw but it could happen looking at the weather down south.

I am thinking of fitting a fog light (seriously) some light with less bugs? :shocked:

Net still working

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

well what ever the dates im sure i can come to some arrangement with mrs nip and the little nips anyhow fifty would that be like the f spot

Hummmmm - Somerset
    I wouldn't mind attending my 1st muster there if the dates are ok.

Here's some info about comps at Somerset to help you pick a date that avoids them.

May 23-24 Basstasstic out of Kirkleagh
    June 6-7 Bassn Qld out of The Spit
    June 13-14 Bass Bounty out of Kirkleagh
    Aug 1-2 Bass Bounty out of Kirkleagh
    Aug 15-16 ABT Bass Pro out of The Spit
    Oct 3-4 Bassin Qld out of The Spit
    Oct 17-18 Basstasstic out of Kirkleagh

Also when you work out a date talk to the manager at Kirkleagh (5497 1093) to get a group discount (good savings $$$$)

Cheers
    Mike

Wink Re: SOMERSET SESSION July Midyear Muster

Thanks Mike

Hence July.

It is a busy place. the big advantage of the Musters is everybody is accountable for them selves and there are no extra fees and only informalities.

We are in for for fun and fishing not competition

Daryl

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Hummmmm - Somerset
    I wouldn't mind attending my 1st muster there if the dates are ok.

Here's some info about comps at Somerset to help you pick a date that avoids them.

May 23-24 Basstasstic out of Kirkleagh
    June 6-7 Bassn Qld out of The Spit
    June 13-14 Bass Bounty out of Kirkleagh
    Aug 1-2 Bass Bounty out of Kirkleagh
    Aug 15-16 ABT Bass Pro out of The Spit
    Oct 3-4 Bassin Qld out of The Spit
    Oct 17-18 Basstasstic out of Kirkleagh

Also when you work out a date talk to the manager at Kirkleagh (5497 1093) to get a group discount (good savings $$$$)

Cheers
    Mike
    I gather there is the odd bass caught there then lol.
    Thanks for the heads up on dates Mike, a mini muster is allways good value to tide you over till the big one come September!!

I will come if I can convince the wife to join me, need the warmth ......

PML Nath, how long did it take to find "the hat"??

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    I gather there is the odd bass caught there then lol.
    Thanks for the heads up on dates Mike, a mini muster is allways good value to tide you over till the big one come September!!
    And if anyone knows how to catch them there its Mike. Good bloke, long time ABT'r and would be welcome around the fire to share a few tips.

Mike, have you heard from, or fished with old Bob Towne from toowoomba lately??? I haven't seen him since my toowoomba days....taught me plenty about bass. good old woomby produced plenty top line basso's....carl, greeny, blacky, Jas and Kerry Erlich.

Oh Darryl.

I spose I could try and make it too. love the dam.

Cheers Steve

The Wife and I would like to participate. Kirkleaghs the go, your living right on the Lake and the facilities are good. Showers are a bit dear at around $3/5 mins. Launching ramps both sides of the point Kirkleagh camp sits on so if the wind is too much from one direction you can go to the opposite side to retrieve.
    Question, is this meant to be just a blokes thing or are Wives welcome along as well?
    cheers
    Lockie

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    And if anyone knows how to catch them there its Mike. Good bloke, long time ABT'r and would be welcome around the fire to share a few tips.

Mike, have you heard from, or fished with old Bob Towne from toowoomba lately??? I haven't seen him since my toowoomba days....taught me plenty about bass. good old woomby produced plenty top line basso's....carl, greeny, blacky, Jas and Kerry Erlich.

Oh Darryl.

I spose I could try and make it too. love the dam.

Cheers Steve

im sure you could find a old deckie out that way stev and he might be able to get some steak for us as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lockie View Post
    The Wife and I would like to participate. Kirkleaghs the go, your living right on the Lake and the facilities are good. Showers are a bit dear at around $3/5 mins. Launching ramps both sides of the point Kirkleagh camp sits on so if the wind is too much from one direction you can go to the opposite side to retrieve.
    Question, is this meant to be just a blokes thing or are Wives welcome along as well?
    cheers
    Lockie
    mate the chief is aloud to attend if she likes there is no restrictions on that its just a social event

Lockie the showers at Kirkleagh are free, you could be thinking of Somerset Park Camping Ground down near the dam wall, they are coin operated down there.

Steve I havn't seen Bob for 12 months, his knees were playing up I think, too many marathons & fun runs in his younger days. I usually see with his brother Brian & nepthew Stephen every couple of months (also great blokes) so I'll ask after him and let you know.