Page 9 of 249 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: BEN HUR:MONDY MUSTER 1&2) & Part 3 Sept 10-12th 2010

Re: MONDURAN & AWOONGA in September

Trev,

If you can get a plastic banana from a decorating shop!! Surely thats legal Mabey one of the banana shaped apparatus that run on batteries....they would send some interesting vibrations thru the water..he he he

Got to love a good plan...as strange as they sound!!

Steve

Steve... Talking to Scotty....He thinks its legal...Whats Bait ? There is nothing in the ABT rule book that says you cant use Bananas...We may have to get a ruling from Mr Morgan...

Quote Originally Posted by Awoonga View Post
    Chris just a bit of background info....What happened was....Fishing with Scotty back in June l was eating a Banana and l threw the skin in he water.. . We both watched this Barra grab the skin and eat it.. .So l tried it with a full one.. The result was unreal... The fish where fighting over it. .Now before you dismiss this think about Barra in the wild. They are a tropical fish Sootys eat the fruit that drop from the trees So why cant barra eat fruit that is washed down the streams So that got us thinking...What about just rubbing our lures with the fruit....Like you do with the S factor..Thats got to work.. .Results where mixed.. Somedays yes other days not even a touch ..:cry: .So how do you rig a Banana ? Where do you put the hooks ?. . Ever tried to throw a Banana that is attached to your rod.. ..So after months of trail and error...mostly error...a method has worked ...it works so well like 100% hookup rates What method ? Sorry guys with the ABT just around the corner...So forget those flaps, frogs,Stiffies even green bombers go and get some Bananas...
    yea whatever....nice try...

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    yea whatever....nice try...
    I agree Deano...I think this is a bit of a Gee up from the boys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Fellas and Kim,

I have just been rolling old flaps slowly, no twitch, no pause...pretty basic stuff. You can twitch them, and do have a pretty good action worked that way. What Roo said is true. I lost one earlier in the winter when the towpoint pulled clean out. It had 2 hits in about 20 meters of bank. I have only got a handful on them so far, but a handful is good at the moment. Come spring, I think they will be OK....its not a marketing ploy...or destraction away from other lure. I have just been useing them a bit and they work OK...another option. I dont mind telling anyone how I catch fish...even with ABT around the corner!! I must be BANANAS to do that!!
    Steve

Trev, LOVE the banana lures! It would be awesome to see a rig or photo or are you guys just monkeying around!!! .....just one tincy wincy thing. Would they be classed as bait or lure in an ABT situation???? Food for thought...pardon the pun!
    A bit like the old GULP debate ( bait or plastic)
    I asked Trev if he used them off the bank rather than Jinxing the boat ....... Then the bell rang ....... Its not Trevs boat!

Mate ...... These Gladstone boys can spread it on pretty thick!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    I agree Deano...I think this is a bit of a Gee up from the boys!!
    steve, i reckon they put a hole through the mango seed,thread the leader through and atatch an owner treble on the ass end,then the trickey part,put a hole through the red waxed end of the banana skin and thread that on over the top like a squid skirt..same as i catch mackerall and tuna on..hey presto..barra lollies...am i on the right track.?? this time of year best fished with a slow jerk..and a bit of a twit. deano..

Nah ..... No flaps , mangoes or nannas for me

Attachment 33031.......I'm sticking to the TMNT "Awoonga Special"

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Nah ..... No flaps , mangoes or nannas for me

Attachment 33031.......I'm sticking to the TMNT "Awoonga Special"
    got the same one chris,used it last year at awoonga,got 30 barra........... ,35 of them were 120+ the other 40 were 125+ recomend it too anyone.. the other 0 were on bananas..

I think Steve is spot on ........ a 3000 post thread for sure!

By the way ....... did I tell anyone

27 Days TO GO!

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    Man this is a long thread!

Best of luck with your trips Chriso... got to admit, the Bonies are working well just about everywhere at the moment (got a nice one yesterday on one), but don't forget the Bomber's mate - god I love em'!

Theo
    Thanks Theo .......... This is a bit of a bust an ass ... gotta get there trip ( not really on the cards with the ABT) ....... I just cant wait that long , plus I just have a inkling that warming weather after the cold just may turn on something special - all appendages crossed
    Bombers are packed for sure (even a green one )

Steve called this for a 3000 poster ......... & with all the fellow IBDers itching for a fish ....... we might get there

Hey ..... you've been a bit quiet - what's the go ?

Chris

Obviously they are the Pro range of Slick Lady Fingers
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Obviously they are the Pro range of Slick Lady Fingers
    They come with "F"(fudge) Factor

Chris

Geez, I just caught up on all the goss on this thread, and as usual, there is a lot of........

I am already feeling sorry for the barra in September down south.

I mean, those poor fish..listening to the IBD anthem, having flaps, bombers, frogs and bananas thrown at them on autocasters near the mango tree would drive anyone to the point of jumping on the end of someones line hoping they were part of the catch, fillet and release crew!!!! haha

I am actually really envious of you guys getting to catch up, so I will give a report to stir you up a little more after the weekend, especially if the weekend continues like it has started....114...need I say more

Cheers
    Matt

So thats the thanks l get...Tell you the gun lure.... even show you some photos ....l dont see any Flaps or stiffie or frog photos.......

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Thanks Theo .......... This is a bit of a bust an ass ... gotta get there trip ( not really on the cards with the ABT) ....... I just cant wait that long , plus I just have a inkling that warming weather after the cold just may turn on something special - all appendages crossed
    Bombers are packed for sure (even a green one )

Steve called this for a 3000 poster ......... & with all the fellow IBDers itching for a fish ....... we might get there

Hey ..... you've been a bit quiet - what's the go ?

Chris
    NAGG,

You know how it is mate... Abseiling, White Water Rafting, Rockclimbing, Sea Kayaking during the week (TAFE call it 'study' apparently?) and then on the weekends I even get to go Barra fishing? What kind of life is this?!??!

Went out on the Dam last night and hit up a solid 96cm fish on Tango Dancer... full moon and glassed out water, strike was unreal. Matt is doing pretty well of late... geez I wonder where his been fishing The Bonies have been doing alright for me too... last weekend I got a few rats from the Bank with em'.

Talk soon fella.

Cheers

Theo
    TT