Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bluefin Boats in Administration

Re: Bluefin Boats in Administration

Certainly didnt do themselves any favours in my case by not answering enquires made when investigating a new hull this time last year. They were certainly on the shortlist.
    Left me feeling that if I couldnt get help with a sales enquiry, what chance would I have if there was a problem.

Try getting in touch with quintrex on the phone for inquiries ,it gets directed to a dealer so saying that I recently had an enquiry about my 11 yr old bluefin answered by email after a 10 days ,not ideal but they did answer direct I guess ..Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

That is pretty sad, not just about buyer's warranties but also the people losing their job.

This could get awkward
    The Bluefin Boats B.A.S.S. Australia Nation Team Series Championship Prize Boat has been wrapped and is now ready to be stowed away in anticipation for the Championship winners.
    The championship Bluefin Wildcat Pro 4.55m is powered by an awesome 50Hp Evinrude E-Tec, has Lowrance electronics and a Fusion stereo to keep you happier on the water.
    This great package was wrapped on the Gold Coast yesterday, and we ...think they did a great job.
    Don't forget that B.A.S.S. Australia Nation Members get a 5% discount on Bluefin Boats.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Try getting in touch with quintrex on the phone for inquiries ,it gets directed to a dealer so saying that I recently had an enquiry about my 11 yr old bluefin answered by email after a 10 days ,not ideal but they did answer direct I guess ..Matt
    Agreed and generally they did just that. Found another way around that however and got many of my questions answered promptly.
    It is sad to see so manufacturing jobs going by the wayside just as it is sad to see a reputable builder who can provide some competition in the market place close its doors. Ultimately it is us who will be poorer for it i fear. Less competition is not ideal.

any update?

There was a creditors meeting over a week ago. Not looking good at all for those owed money.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Any news on Bluefin boats situation ?

A mate, whose business makes parts for them, told me today that Bluefin are still trading . And purchasing from my mates' business on a 7 day account.
    Those details are good indicators.
    Good luck, Bluefin!
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

it will all end bad , the administrators will dick around at $600.00 an hour until all company money is exhausted in the guise of trying to sell the company . they will keep staff on building the boats that have been started and telling no one nothing so the boats will be more complete when it all comes to an end . when all the money is gone they will liquidate the company and the the unsecured creditors will get shit , the secured creditors aka the banks will get .20 cents in the dollar and the staff will get their entitlements . at the very last minute a deal will be secured for someone to buy the unfinished boats and the name of the company for a song all while burning any poor prick who has money down for a new build or repair of an existing boat . not long after they will start up again as something like" bluefin boats aust " and all will be forgoten

^ Yep, seen that happen . Never trust the receivers that's for sure.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by frosti View Post
    it will all end bad , the administrators will dick around at $600.00 an hour until all company money is exhausted in the guise of trying to sell the company . they will keep staff on building the boats that have been started and telling no one nothing so the boats will be more complete when it all comes to an end . when all the money is gone they will liquidate the company and the the unsecured creditors will get shit , the secured creditors aka the banks will get .20 cents in the dollar and the staff will get their entitlements . at the very last minute a deal will be secured for someone to buy the unfinished boats and the name of the company for a song all while burning any poor prick who has money down for a new build or repair of an existing boat . not long after they will start up again as something like" bluefin boats aust " and all will be forgoten
    Not another Stessl?
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by Shark Poker View Post
    A mate, whose business makes parts for them, told me today that Bluefin are still trading . And purchasing from my mates' business on a 7 day account.
    Those details are good indicators.
    Good luck, Bluefin!

Good luck and best wishes to all especially staff, suppliers and anyone with a boat in build phase/on order. Who really wants to see another small family owned australian business go broke ?

See the bluefin classic is on again this year in november at Maroon Dam so things must be picking up, Good comp with a chance of winning BMT package worth over 40k for 30 buck entry fee,
    Cheers
    Ray

good news for some, but after last year, first boat did a bearing, went and got the other boat it did a bearing, left the bungs out, almost sunk, sweated my arse off, caught bugger all, sweated some more, won nothing, I think I will give it a miss.