Thread: Rainbow 7-8/10/16

Rainbow 7-8/10/16

With a forecast to good not to take advantage of a couple of mates and I did a overnight trip out from Rainbow. We hit the water about 10am and had a look at a couple of close spots and picked up a few fish but it was pretty quiet so we headed out wider. We found a good show and anchored up almost straight away I landed my pb snapper almost 800 long and about 6kg. We chipped away getting a few fish here and there and losing a few to the reef. About an hour before and after dark the fish bit really well but by 8pm they had gone quiet so we went for a sleep it was a bit bumpy with a northerly blowing. The next morning it was still a bit breezy so we fished in close picking up a few more fish before heading home about 10am. It was a first time out reef fishing for my mate he caught a few fish for the esky, but he was a bit upset when he got 53cm red and I told him it had to go back in. Most of the big snapper and a fair few of the pearlys were caught on plastics.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161007_12_15_21_Pro.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	114533   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20161008_14_52_20_Pro.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	114534  

Re: Rainbow 7-8/10/16

Nice work mate. Good knobby.

Well done mate

Great feed there Shaun

Another good effort Haury, pity you didn't have Bec with you - she would have kicked your arse again. Top job

Al, I see Scobie's been chipping away at them pretty well too!

Thanks for the report ..top effort on the pb snap
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl1071 View Post
    Another good effort Haury, pity you didn't have Bec with you - she would have kicked your arse again. Top job

Hey Al get stuffed you remember like an elephant.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Al, I see Scobie's been chipping away at them pretty well too!

Old grandpas getting his share too, ask him about the big one that got away very funny.