Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have committed ..... can't wait!

I have committed ..... can't wait!

I decided* after careful consideration and rampant internet surfing.... I ordered a Hobie Pro Angler from Mal and his family at Suntate Hobie....

I have treated myself to the PA, an extra seat for the kids to take turns on in the back.... the live well, the rack and roll loading system..... trax2 cart, a couple of PFDs (obviously) ....

Have also ordered a Humminbird 798 C SI sounder......well actually two of them..... but that is another story ......

So..... apart from a fish finder...or two...lol.... what else do I need..........other than patience..... as I am overseas until about christmas..... so will not get it until then.... and will be teased for a few days before I can take it out.... will have to take the kids out though

Also, a big thanks to Mal @ Sunstate hobie for all his assistance..... I was so happy with the service, that I did not even bother looking elsewhere, as the service was exceptional!

Can't wait to get it in the water and pull some fish into it

Cheers

*by "I decided" i really mean, obtained permission from the real boss
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

Re: I have committed ..... can't wait!

Mal's a great guy, I got my Outback from him two years back and it's been a great investment. Looking forward to seeing you out on the water, make sure you post up your first fish.
    Joel
    Fishing for the thrill, not for the kill

Quote Originally Posted by imnotoriginal View Post
    Mal's a great guy, I got my Outback from him two years back and it's been a great investment. Looking forward to seeing you out on the water, make sure you post up your first fish.
    Joel
    I can't wait to get it on the water.... I will certainly be posting pictures of the first fish from my yak!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serenity!

Quote Originally Posted by imnotoriginal View Post
    Joel
    Well..... picked up my Yak a month ago now (24 Dec) and had no chance to use it over my brief time at home........ so it will sit at home waiting for me to get back around april, so watch out fish around then!

So the only water it has seen so far is the rain on the way home!

Serenity!

So once you get back in April, how long are you here for?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    So once you get back in April, how long are you here for?

Cheers,

Tim
    At least until december / jan . ...... not sure about next year yet...... will have to wait and see!

Serenity!

Quote Originally Posted by swabio View Post
    At least until december / jan . ...... not sure about next year yet...... will have to wait and see!
    Hope fully you'll be able to come and have me show you how to fish in my new tub! Oh, and beer. Leave time for beer.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

What a p&sser you didn't get out! Must've been fuming, given the fact that it's normally ok this time of year. Quick question, how much (roughly) are these Hobies, all kitted out etc. How do they handle in surf? Thanks, and here's hoping April turns it on for ya.

Cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by TimiBoy View Post
    Hope fully you'll be able to come and have me show you how to fish in my new tub! Oh, and beer. Leave time for beer.

Cheers,

Tim
    Mate, sounds bloody good! The PA is nearly as big as a bloody boat! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    What a p&sser you didn't get out! Must've been fuming, given the fact that it's normally ok this time of year. Quick question, how much (roughly) are these Hobies, all kitted out etc. How do they handle in surf? Thanks, and here's hoping April turns it on for ya.

Cuzza
    Yeah, unfortunately even if the weather was perfect........ I didn't quite have as much spare time as i thought due to family time etc, so here's hoping for april

Serenity!

...how much for the hobie and all the gear kitted?

Cuzza

Ask the bloke that nearly drowned taking his PA out in the surf. I think a bare PA runs around the $3500 mark.

...how much for the hobie and all the gear kitted?
    Mate, retail is around $3350 for the PA .... then you deck it out with whatever you want.... although they are good to go from the shop as is so don't need too much stuff after that!

Quote Originally Posted by FishHunter View Post
    Ask the bloke that nearly drowned taking his PA out in the surf.
    Hmmm any more on that?

Serenity!

Quote Originally Posted by swabio View Post
    Mate, retail is around $3350 for the PA .... then you deck it out with whatever you want.... although they are good to go from the shop as is so don't need too much stuff after that!

Hmmm any more on that?
    Surf plus a 50+kg barge = accident waiting to happen. Bloke went from The PA is awesome and can do anything to maybe its not a good idea after he got tipped and trapped under the kayak from memory.
    Horses for courses and the PA's course is flat water.

Search around on AKFF and you will find the post.

Surf plus a 50+kg barge = accident waiting to happen. Bloke went from The PA is awesome and can do anything to maybe its not a good idea after he got tipped and trapped under the kayak from memory.
    Horses for courses and the PA's course is flat water.

Search around on AKFF and you will find the post.
    Yeah, certainly would not be heading into any sizeable surf on the PA... just interested in seeing the post

Am beginning to consider the next addition to the stable........ I reckon a TI could be a distinct possibility..........

Serenity!

Ask the bloke that nearly drowned taking his PA out in the surf. I think a bare PA runs around the $3500 mark.
    Was that the guy who was wearing waders, fishing in breaking seas with the hatches unsecured?