Thread: New Permanent Market at Viccie Pt.

Talking New Permanent Market at Viccie Pt.

This market will be run every Saturday beginning Sat 6th of December this year....there maybe a small lull over xmas & The new year...this however is yet to be decided.

It is called "VP Star Markets" @ Victoria Point State High School , Corner Redland Bay road ,And Benfer Road , Victoria Point.

"Graeme Balmer" is the organiser and his email is dock0@outlook.com for those that may be interested in having a stall there.

As well as attending the new Capalaba Markets every sunday in School Road, Capalaba, we will also be a permanent fixture in this new market at Viccie Pt.

NB: we are NOT the operators of this market but have been very kindly given an early opportunity to be an ongoing fixture here...which we will

THIS market will include all the regular attendees such as Fruit & Veg sellers, Coffee, Ice-Cream & On site food Vendors such as Seafood and Meat products.....to general market stalls covering a wide gambit of new & used products including Flower Sales and kiddies distractions such as Jumping Castle etc....

As well as the usual market stalls, Graeme advises me that they are interested in making this a very wide open market and are inviting interest from boaties who wish to sell their wares on a regular basis.

This not only includes boat, motor & trailer sellers, but also fishing gear and lures etc......a great opportunity for home based fishing product manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to have a PERMANENT presence in the bayside area on a regular basis.

The above is not restricted to just these areas....Car, Motorcycle & Boat events will be considered by all interested parties.

There is MORE than ample parking both within the school grounds and very close proximity to the market itself.

Dont forget...for all enquires...."Graeme Balmer" is the organiser and his email is dock0@outlook.com

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.

Re: New Permanent Market at Viccie Pt.

Do you think this WILL take away DONATIONS from the VMR markets?

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by solemandownunder View Post
    This market will be run every Saturday beginning Sat 6th of December this year....there maybe a small lull over xmas & The new year...this however is yet to be decided.

It is called "VP Star Markets" @ Victoria Point State High School , Corner Redland Bay road ,And Benfer Road , Victoria Point.

"Graeme Balmer" is the organiser and his email is dock0@outlook.com for those that may be interested in having a stall there.

As well as attending the new Capalaba Markets every sunday in School Road, Capalaba, we will also be a permanent fixture in this new market at Viccie Pt.

NB: we are NOT the operators of this market but have been very kindly given an early opportunity to be an ongoing fixture here...which we will

THIS market will include all the regular attendees such as Fruit & Veg sellers, Coffee, Ice-Cream & On site food Vendors such as Seafood and Meat products.....to general market stalls covering a wide gambit of new & used products including Flower Sales and kiddies distractions such as Jumping Castle etc....

As well as the usual market stalls, Graeme advises me that they are interested in making this a very wide open market and are inviting interest from boaties who wish to sell their wares on a regular basis.

This not only includes boat, motor & trailer sellers, but also fishing gear and lures etc......a great opportunity for home based fishing product manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to have a PERMANENT presence in the bayside area on a regular basis.

The above is not restricted to just these areas....Car, Motorcycle & Boat events will be considered by all interested parties.

There is MORE than ample parking both within the school

Dont forget...for all enquires...."Graeme Balmer" is the organiser and his email is dock0@outlook.com

Cheers, Ray & Kerri.
    If the reference to this "new" weekly Boaties Market being conducted at this school is correct, it REALLY STINKS!

Volunteer Marine Rescue Victoria Point have been running a well renowned, reputable and essential fund raising market for well OVER EIGHTEEN YEARS every three (3) months at the VP State Primary School with the school receiving a very significant portion of the proceeds!

I cannot believe that the people behind this "new market" have not had the decency or professionalism to contact VMR and tell them of their intentions and IMMEDIATELY REMOVE THE MARKET CONTENT PERTAINING TO BOATING AND FISHING!

Like most volunteer marine rescue groups across Qld, they LOSE over $1,000 the moment the doors officially open Saturday morning and to have a market as suggested move in and effectively wipe out this source of revenue is unethical and totally unacceptable!

As a past Commodore of this Unit, I will certainly be advising and helping out wherever possible in order to have this new BOATIES MARKET disrupted as quickly as possible!

You bet I am bitter over it! VMR supplies an excellent marine rescue service in Moreton Bay and with minimal Government support ($300.00 per week) available, this grab for funds by a "private market" is reprehensible!

Please use the above email address of the people behind this market to express your intention NOT TO SUPPORT IT!

Thank you PP for your input.....please do not be to quick to judge......there are MANY worthy organisations involved in any local community.

I have taken this opportunity to converse with Graeme about your concerns and he has asked me to make the following offer....

and please note: THIS offer applies to ALL Community Volunteer based organisations including those who advocate against Violence to Women, Homelessness and Welfare, including Councelling Services to the underpriveleged and MANY more community based volunteer organisations that work for the greater good in ALL communities.

VMR Viccie Pt in the 1st instance are extended a warm welcome to be a weekly stall holder at this new market FREE of charge.....VMR are welcome to look at all means of revenue raising from donations to Meat Raffles on the day etc.

This will mean a WEEKLY presence rather than a once every 3 or 4 months at the current location and our business for one will be a weekly contributer to the VMR....as we hope THEY would contribute to the many OTHER community based programs that will be represented at this new market.

Unlike ourselves, Graeme is not a boatie himself BUT after some long involved talks, he is only TO happy to work with VMR Viccie Pt in particular and now understands the concerns mentioned in PPs' post.

This new market is not intended to be disruptive to the already existing community at large and only hopes to add to the availabilty of more services, goods AND Community based organisations at a local level AND on a regular ongoing basis.

Graeme can be reached at dock0@outlook.com as previously posted for enquiries of interest.

Thanks, Ray& Kerri.

Seems like someone saw an opertunity to make a few $$ out of what VMR had established..... won't be making the trip to that site anymore.

PP please keep us posted if VMR find an alternate site for their market.

I hope the school grounds don't cop too much weathering with a weekly market.
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

It is not the same grounds as the boaties market which is held at the state primary school in school road,
    the new market is at the high school which is at the cnr of Benfer rd near the shell servo.
    My opinion is there is room for both as the new market is a general market which may also sell some boating/fishing gear and the boaties is specialized,
    I would surmise that the VMR would not have the resources to commit to a weekly market and their main source of income from the boaties market is from stall holders fees and admission monies.
    We will just have to wait and see what eventuates
    Cheers
    Ray

Thanks Ray, you are on the money, 2 different venues.

If the NEW weekly market can assist VMR Viccie Points endeavors, then maybe there will be a silver lining for them after they realise that this is NOT aimed/nor a money grab at THEM, but rather a community based market that aims to help ALL such organisations reach their maximum market & potential along with the myriad of mixed and diverse stallholders that will bring some NEW offerings to the table along with NEW customers

Sometimes people are resistant to change and in some instances rightly so...BUT...VMR Viccie Pt now has the opportunity to CAPITALISE on a NEW source of income that has never existed before.

Anyhooos...up to them now...and with the offer on the board, I would expect that they would consider this seriously and take advantage of a golden opportunity at NO cost to them.....

in other words...the FREE ball is in their court

Cheers, Ray.

I hope everybody boycotts the whole thing...

nice chompers(teeth) bull1 did you get them at the new markets or the boaties market..

A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I recon that the monthly Lions market held at the Redland Bay hotel grounds is more likely to be adversely affected.
    If this were to fold the Lions possibly could move their stall to the new market providing that they have the manpower and the stock to commit to a weekly event but they would also lose the income from the current stall holders at their market.
    As i said before we will have to wait and see.
    Cheers
    Ray

Seeing that it was too windy to go fishing I went along for a look.
    Judging by the stalls there I do not think that it will affect the boaties market at all.
    Due ti the bleak weather I think that the number of stalls there was down but certainly plenty of things there for the ladies but not much of interest for me.
    Cheers
    Ray