Thread: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Re: Vintage Inboard Cruisers to Centre Console Conversion

Hey guys a 115hp computer just came up for my mercury its $550 tho should i jump on it? The 115hp computer and 115hp camshafts i still have will make my engine a 115hp

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

short answer = NO

finish the hull, ignore everything else
    you are going to get no where flip flopping all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    ignore everything
    You know he will!

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Hey guys a 115hp computer just came up for my mercury its $550 tho should i jump on it? The 115hp computer and 115hp camshafts i still have will make my engine a 115hp

Couple posts back you didn’t have the money to finish the stringers. Why not put the $550 towards that?

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Couple posts back you didn’t have the money to finish the stringers. Why not put the $550 towards that?
    Sadly selling my tools Gunna over the past 10 years i bought so much multiple welders, metal lathe, all tools than when i moved i've had 3 months to reflect on my life style with my mum getting sick of the worse happens i will be in a rush to clean everything out so i have just started to get rid of my prized tools, my hobbymat md65 lathe was sold tonight my ac/dc tig and other mig tomortow night

Its really sad when reality hits mate

Hopping to still have the boat on the water sometime around summer but yeah if my mum passes any time soon i will end up getting pushed into a flat or unit and im really hopping i can keep the boat

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Sadly selling my tools Gunna over the past 10 years i bought so much multiple welders, metal lathe, all tools than when i moved i've had 3 months to reflect on my life style with my mum getting sick of the worse happens i will be in a rush to clean everything out so i have just started to get rid of my prized tools, my hobbymat md65 lathe was sold tonight my ac/dc tig and other mig tomortow night

Its really sad when reality hits mate

Hopping to still have the boat on the water sometime around summer but yeah if my mum passes any time soon i will end up getting pushed into a flat or unit and im really hopping i can keep the boat

No good about mum.

Even if you are selling tools and getting few dollars in your pocket, do nothing with that money other than get the boat finished. Forget the motor, forget the trailer, just get the boat done first, then move onto other things.

Keep going Gazza, you’ll get there and hopefully by summer

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    No good about mum.

Even if you are selling tools and getting few dollars in your pocket, do nothing with that money other than get the boat finished. Forget the motor, forget the trailer, just get the boat done first, then move onto other things.

Keep going Gazza, you’ll get there and hopefully by summer

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Yeah thats the plan it doesnt seem like much work i just need to put in a few hours and get her done

Care people have come to my house and say its messy its actually clean just the tools out of my old shed are stored in my bedroom and dinning room my tools are taking up 1/2 of the dinning room just no where to put it all and a bit reluctant to get cosey here

found a good hack on a video old mate used a extension ladder leaning against the brickwall to pick up the outboard and slip the stand in , depending on the ladder but each rung is rated for 120kg usually .

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    found a good hack on a video old mate used a extension ladder leaning against the brickwall to pick up the outboard and slip the stand in , depending on the ladder but each rung is rated for 120kg usually .
    I like that idea Cat kind of like making a A frame which i have read is the strongest shape but i would be crapping it a bit if the ladder were to pull out at the base

To hire a crane for a day cost $30 to have it delivered cost a further $30 it will be money well spent if i cant get a hold of my cousins hoist he lent it to his good mate and the poor bugger just passed away he was meant to pick it up the other day

My engine hoist was rusty and working but gee i have kicked my self a dozen times for chucking it out

Come monday i plan on ordering 10 more meters of double bias and i have 10 meters of chopped mat coming already, i just got my 7 meters of 300gram woven roving i should be set to glue in and glass my transom and last 2 stringers and all bulkheads, i still have around 26-27 litres of resin

So by the end of this week i really have nothing stopping me other than motivation and being able to make noise using the planer at the right hours but yeah...

how much resin did you go thru on the transom , would two 20 litre drums be enough

Hey Cat i done 1 layer of 800gram double bias followed by 10 layers of 400gram double bias i used 24 litres of resin, i think it was seacast web site that has a transom area calculator so u can work out how much area tour transom is and work out roughly what amount of resin you'll use

My transom came out at 2 square meters of area

You keeping dry up there Gaz? It's raining like hell here, and has been since about 7am, blowing a gale too.

I woke up and thought holly shit the house is flooding seriously but it was my mum in the shower i settled down a little than looked out the backyard 3 inches of water whole yard all mush dont think the teo pets out the back have left the kennels all day

I just went out the front the rain is easing but very strong winds

I checked on the boat earlier just a peep out the window and she was all good no flapping from the new big tarp which is good

That wind right now must be vlowing a good 70kph or more i have big trees all around me be lucky if none fall over

Shit the wind just doubled to trippled here huge gusts my nephews gazebo is torn to pieces

Wow what is going on i was outside 30mins ago absolute dead calm clouds were clearing than just now like someone turned on a light switch big gusty winds back with lots of rain