Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Electric reels, which one to buy ?

Re: Electric reels, which one to buy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wler View Post
    I would prefer a Megatwin or Beastmaster for a couple of reasons and would prefer the shimano of those two but I can get a megatwin for around $1250 shipped to my door from bundy so it would be a little cheaper and not an "import" so to speak.
    Shane I think the Megatwin will do what you want.
    Back in Black just purchased 2 from WA for $1150 each.
    He has the store on his thread.
    Might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    I bought my Beastmaster 4000 direct from Japan had a problem with it first trip, sent it back at my cost & they replaced it straight away.
    Ended up paying the same as here by the time it got replaced & probably wouldn't do it again because of that.
    Wish I bought the 9000 model at the time as back then it was only $100 more expensive...
    Yeah, loosen your purse strings you big girl

We bought ours from Mo Tackle when they had the big sale a couple of years back and got them for about $880 each back then

Hey Shane,
    I have both the Shimano Beastmaster but 4000 version & Diawa Megatwin.
    The Beastmaster only holds approx. 410 meters x 80lb braid, single speed with good retrieval speed about 160 meters / minute.
    The Megatwin holds 1000 meters x 80lbs, 2 speed with auto kick down to low speed with high prolonged loads & also good retrieval speed about 180 meters / minute.
    Both work great, pulled in 2.5meter sharks, 20 plus kg AJ's, had a marlin on etc and haven't missed a beat.
    Another mate has the Miya Epoch, more commercial, 1000 meters x 80lb but slower retrieval speed about 120 meters / minute.
    My opinion (that suit my type of fishing), the Shimano / Diawa are great for depths up to 300 meters.
    The Miya Epoch for 300 meters plus.
    All are good reels and only you can make that choice buddy
    Oh come on Bobby, you've witnessed the Miya pull a 13.5g red from 60m, so don't try to limit its uses!!

Yes, it is ugly, but does the job, when you work out which damn button to push!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Yeah, loosen your purse strings you big girl
    I knew you would be lurking in the shallows like a great white waiting for the right moment

Oh come on Bobby, you've witnessed the Miya pull a 13.5g red from 60m, so don't try to limit its uses!!

Yes, it is ugly, but does the job, when you work out which damn button to push!! LOL
    Hang on a minute Tony....... It was a X8 weighed a ton hanging off a broom stick and was suited for 600 meters plus
    Yes good reel but not suited for the 100 to 200 meters in my opinion.
    Unluckiest red around.... must have been sick

Hang on a minute Tony....... It was a X8 weighed a ton hanging off a broom stick and was suited for 600 meters plus
    Yes good reel but not suited for the 100 to 200 meters in my opinion.
    Unluckiest red around.... must have been sick
    You're just jealous

I had it just in case we found a canyon off 1770, you just never know

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Shane I have a couple of Megatwins,I bought them with the sole intention of what you want to do..2 weeks ago I pulled an 18kg bar cod & an 8kg barrie at once also with 6kg's of lead on,out of 300m's no problem.I went with the Megatwin's as Banana & Moejoes recommended them.Moejoe's even pulls trout in 15m of water with his...lol
    Sorry Jason, I must have missed that report

Seeing Moejoes in shallow water, 2 Megatwins at the ready is a sight to behold!!

Watching his rub Dencorub into his finger tip is priceless though!!

Sorry Jason, I must have missed that report

Seeing Moejoes in shallow water, 2 Megatwins at the ready is a sight to behold!!

Watching his rub Dencorub into his finger tip is priceless though!!
    Hahahahha,
    My next goal is to hook up on a Humpback whale with the Megatwin!!!!!!

Hahahahha,
    My next goal is to hook up on a Humpback whale with the Megatwin!!!!!!
    You've done the marlin, so a humpback makes perfect sense!!

You've done the marlin, so a humpback makes perfect sense!!
    More chance of catching one swimming through your anchor rope Lol

Yeah I was looking at the ones from solas, English on the buttons (apparently) and not far if had issues but I do really like the look of the Beastmaster and love to be different. But in saying that the MT's do look a good thing for a cheaper price.

So where did you get that price Tony ? and was that posted or plus postage ?
    Cheers
    Shane Podmore
    0407 696 949
    shane@ssinductions.com.au
    http://www.ssinductions.com.au

Life's too short to fish from the bank and you can't take money with you when you die so buy a boat stupid

That was Campbells Protackle in Leederville WA.

Don't remember about postage, but next day delivery via Toll.

They will also spool up with whatever you want on there.

Tony

Miya Epoch.
    They made the first electric reel, and are the rolls royce of electric reels.
    They are the only reels that offer a warranty to commercial operators, which is saying something..

Ratman just reminded me that the Beastmaster has a 10 year warranty like all Shimano reels in Aus. another + for the Beast.
    Cheers
    Shane Podmore
    0407 696 949
    shane@ssinductions.com.au
    http://www.ssinductions.com.au

Life's too short to fish from the bank and you can't take money with you when you die so buy a boat stupid