Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Re: Noble Boat <2yo Cracked and Sinking

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    Just has a look at FB page and there are no comments from anyone
    Smithy's is up there from 45minutes ago....no doubt it will be removed shortly.

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post

Mick
    Yep gone now.

Well someone from Noble is obviously monitoring the page. They have also just changed the settings on their FB page to prevent "Others" (non friends) from posting. I guess that proves they must have an idea of what is going on. The last update from them on the page was as recent as Friday.

Would be interesting if anyone has got back to Trev yet - or maybe that are too busy on Facebook.

Yep my post is gone. Someone is moderating. I sent them a Facebook message at the same time. Will see what comes of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    Just has a look at FB page and there are no comments from anyone, also had a look at their website and copied this little section about thier quaity control:

Every component of design and construction is managed to ensure the utmost quality is achieved in your boat.
    • Quality management systems in place comply with international standards for quality assurance - ISO9001.
    • All designs are prepared by naval architects on CAD software.
    • All plate aluminium cutting is computerised allowing for the perfect fit.
    • Every hull is personally inspected over and over and welds are x-rayed for defects, fuel and water tanks are baffled and pressure tested.
    • Additionally, every boat is personally thoroughly inspected before it leaves the factory.
    • A further testament to the quality of Noble Boats is their use by the Defence Services.

It looks like someone is telling porkies in regards to QA.
    Somehow I find that comment incredibly unbelievable when you consider that none of the ISO or Australian codes require any mandatory non destructive testing done for this type of product. The testing costs would be borne by the fabricator/manufacturer and that would not be done to be frank about the industry.
    The fact that the welds have been missed in manufacturing is inexcusable and IMO the design, judging by the images shown so far look far from ideal.
    Jack.

Too busy on facebook I think.

I am at home and have nothing via phone, or private messages on this site or home email address - not sure if I gave them work email as well but that will be checked tomorrow.

When the dealer J&B Marine said they have not managed to get any contact with them in over 6 months . . . strange way to be able to run a business. Phone to a message answering machine and business to a POBox.

I have just returned from boat builder and will post pics later today of repairs - as expressed not ideal but best that can be done through only an inspection port - I am happy with the welds but as can clearly be shown in pics from DAZ that I posted (post 95) there are supposed to be additional stiffeners - these can't be added without open heart surgery. At the boat builder I went to see was a guy who used to work making Noble boats and he described the stiffener they put in place from the bottom of the channel back - as shown in DAZs pic. SO if this fix doesn't hold I will have to go for open up the top at the back and build a brick dunny in there - they reckon once I get the tank out and motor off it would be half a day of work.
    Cheers

Trev

Mate without going back and te-reading the whole thread from memory you bought this from a dealer. They carry the statutory warranty for these boats. I would be knocking on his door. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Nothing said often says everything. You know straight away if the company you purchased the product from is all above board by the time they take to respond to your complaint. By deleting messages on FB tells me they won’t be coming to the party. I would be towing the boat back to the place you bought it from and demanding my money back, its not there fault but then neither is it yours. The law states that if the product does not meet your expectations or is faulty then you can ask for your money back. The can offer a repair, replacement or your money back. I just can’t except that any reputable marine dealer wouldn’t do there homework on potential products before agreeing to become a re seller. You are well with in your rights to get a refund. The contract is between you and the seller and not with the manufacture. As for every weld in every hull being x-rayed, what a load of sh!t. It seems advertorials/marketing are getting more far fetched the tighter things become. The harder a product needs to be sold the more nervous I become, products should be able to stand on there own merits. I get the impression we may see another failed venture in action and the manager/owner trying to trade out of it. Looks like you might get more screwed than Craig Thomson.

not too sure that is 100% right, the dealer is only a re-seller of the goods, if it fails, it is not his problem to fix it, the manufacturer is the one who is "holding the bag" the dealer should do everything in his power to help you, but he is not responsible for the quality of the goods or the repairs to make it right.

Here what you are saying OZSCOTT - J&B Marine are a small family dealership 1500km North of here - is it worth it?

Last contact I had a couple of years ago with Nobleboats complaining about something else (electrical) they said warrany is handled by local dealer just go and fill in a claim form - used to be Cunninghams - next closest is?? With them gone.

As mentioned in posts 27 and 55 J&B Marine could not get Noble Boats to honour paint warranty. Do I want to go there and try?

I have had some repairs done - hopefully all that is needed for structure - but imagine my doing this voids structural warranty anyway - sometimes you have little other choice unless you want to create another monster with law and claims and court and costs and time and money and yes perhaps they play on that too and consider things like this thread a momentary inconvenience - do I think they have a conscience?

There is no doubt in my mind they not only missed welds but also stiffener plates - are they critical? I will be looking after every trip and the slightest crack and in we go to build it as strong as possible.

I don't believe it will just fail suddenly from where it is now - so close monitoring will be safe enough and time will tell.

The guy who did the welding reckons it will probably hold - that is no guarantee. But the slightest crack and we go in for a full strengthening with stiffeners the lot - am reluctant first up as it is still safe and I am not in a hurry to have to cut a dirty big hole in top of duckboard.

It appears Nobles are happy to sell boats but no warranty.
    Cheers

Trev

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frankgrimes View Post

Mick
    Just put this link up on FB. Here's a thought. Will Mr (or Mrs) Average internet user be able to access the boating chat area in this forum without paying a joining fee? If not should the mods move this to an area accessed by anybody so the word can be spread further?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IcyDuck View Post
    Well someone from Noble is obviously monitoring the page. They have also just changed the settings on their FB page to prevent "Others" (non friends) from posting. I guess that proves they must have an idea of what is going on. The last update from them on the page was as recent as Friday.

Would be interesting if anyone has got back to Trev yet - or maybe that are too busy on Facebook.
    Just comment on their posts. Use any post and copy in this link.
    HACK EM!!!!

Blog Entries

OK, prolly just gone and got myself banned from FB. Posted this link onto their website several times by commenting on their posts. Even asked ET if he would have a read!!!!

It's still there at 3.09pm ..
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    It's still there at 3.09pm ..
    3:20pm they are all Gooooooornnnnn!!!! Interesting where their priorities lie isnt it!!!

EDIT: And they have altered their FB site so you cant even comment unless you are a friend