Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where to get Yamaha serviced in Brisbane

Re: Where to get Yamaha serviced in Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by bazza65 View Post
    A service on my 40 Yamaha at dealership two years ago was $500, last year was $550, was this year going to be $600.
    Garys Mobile Home Service will do me.
    Servicing prices will always change from year to year according to hours and whats needed,you get yours serviced according to price,i,ii get mine serviced based on factory training,up to date servicve bulletins and the latest diagnostics.

You will find that mobile services liaise very closely with Yamaha dealers as they need to get their parts somewhere, they use tanks and not earmuffs and have the same diagnostic software and a large store of parts. I use a local mobile mechanic and he is extremely thorough, has all the latest bulletins etc. My closest dealer is 30 mins away but nearly everyone who has used them finds their aftersales service atrocious, I will travel another hour further if needed to Stones Corner Marine, they too are awesome. I am not sure but how many dealer mechanics would be factory trained. My non dealer mechanic is not any cheaper but he checks absolutely everything and is very convenient. Arguments like these only serve to perpetuate urban myths.

post deleted...............
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

What dealership does Hole Shot own or work at?
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

wade weimers mobile Yamaha trained mechanic mobile northside 0437733056

We're not talking about NASA here I think boat mechanics have the advantage of only dealing with three or four brand designs to deal with. Most motors within the brand follow similar design. Compared to a car mechanic who are seeing unbelievable variation everyday. How is it not feasible for a boat mechanic to carry most serviceable items and have the correct factory specific info and tools for these motors don't change that much from year to year...quality is all that matters but there is no way I take my car to the stealership and I don't demand that my mechanic is Toyota trained either...

Quote Originally Posted by Kero View Post
    What dealership does Hole Shot own or work at?
    Dont work at or own any dealer ship,father in law worked at two dealer ships in Mackay,told me stories of all the "guru" mechanics up and down the coast,they can spin you all the crap undser the sun of what they did.

Fair enough! Just wondering. 😃
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

Quote Originally Posted by Hole Shot View Post
    Cant see the guys i dealt with doing something like that,always two sides to a story
    The guide holes were crushed on the carb in question. this would suggest they used a hammer to dislodge the broken pin. Please tell me what mechanic uses a hammer on a carby?
    The guy down the road has had a similar experience with damaged parts.

Also they have been stripped of the rights to sell E-tecs since but that's just my experience. I use Brisbane yamaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    The guide holes were crushed on the carb in question. this would suggest they used a hammer to dislodge the broken pin. Please tell me what mechanic uses a hammer on a carby?
    The guy down the road has had a similar experience with damaged parts.

Also they have been stripped of the rights to sell E-tecs since but that's just my experience. I use Brisbane yamaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guide holes on a carby?and you know for a fact "they used a hammer" the guy down the road,your just full of speculation.

I can tell you they are happy to be rid of evinrude.
    They've been talking about doing that for year's.
    They were told to stock more Etec's, that was the last thing they were going to do. I'm sure there is more to it that I don't know but I can assure you they're not upset about parting way's with evinrude.
    Darren

Don't go to Wynnum Marine. When I had my 60HP 4 Stroke Yammy I took it them for the first service. It came back running like a bag of sh*t. I went to Yatala Yamaha and they said the carbies where so far out of tune it was ridiculous. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by davo View Post
    Don't go to Wynnum Marine. When I had my 60HP 4 Stroke Yammy I took it them for the first service. It came back running like a bag of sh*t. I went to Yatala Yamaha and they said the carbies where so far out of tune it was ridiculous. Never again.
    A lot of guys in my club go to Wynnum and are wrapped in there service and knowledge,one guy had a 90etec to a "guru" etec dealer for a service told them it was running rough at idle,came back the same,took it to wynnum fixed the problem in about 20mins,so you had a bad experience which must have been a while ago because Yamaha havn,t done a carby 60 4 stroke in about 7 years and your prepared to tell everyone "not to go there"

I wonder why Wynnum Marine are still in business and Yatala Yamaha are not.
    Darren

I got an idea let's run all the dealer's down and give all their business to the mobile guy's and see what happens. Do ya reackon their prices would stay the same?
    I don't see how a couple of bad outcomes for a few different people means DON'T GO THERE!!
    If you don't wanna go there any more then don't go there. Simple.
    Darren