Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lying pollies ignore boaties ... Again

Angry Lying pollies ignore boaties ... Again

So the current Federal Government announces another fuel hike and once again, opines "a very minimal impact on car running costs", BUT ONCE AGAIN, NEVER EVEN MENTIONS THE WORD 'BOAT'.

We're about to pay even more money for fuel in the form of a deceitful increase in fuel excise which already has GST levied on it - another 'something' which never should have happened. We've effectively got a tax on top of a tax and in some places, a road levy as well. (Some boats never even go on the road).

Now we've got on increase in the levy under the tax under the GST. Give me a break. It's the step ladder of deceit.

Queensland Labor stole the 8 cents a litre fuel subsidy from you after promising black and red not to; the Queensland LNP was so sanctimoniously 'outraged', that it decided to scream blue and black but then do absolutely NOTHING about that decision and keep your 8 cents a litre instead.

Now the Federal LNP Coalition is about to steal even more from you thanks to an indexed fuel excise. It's not even law - and if it fails to pass the Senate, they're going to give all the money they stole back to ... wait for it ... the fuel companies, but not you who actually paid the unapproved levy.

And these political turkeys can't understand why the marine industry and its jobs are contracting faster than a politician's fist around your money. They can't understand how their decisions decay Australian manufacturing industries to the point where they simply crumble. Fuel, rego, fees, CTP, levies, admin and reporting costs etc ... up, up and away.

"We need to pay back the debt." Really??? Try reeling back the outrageous financial waste.

I roared with laughter when my local politician said words to the effect of: "It's not a tax increase, it can't be, it's being charged on a levy." Well perhaps I'll vote for him, but, similar to his own reasoning, just reorder the way I write down the numbers.

And they wonder why political independents - no matter how sensible, extraneous, weird, right-on or wacky they may be, were preferred by around 12 per cent of voters last time around in these parts.

I'd like to see that percentage indexed to rise in direct proportion to the number of lies told by these political sycophants.

Re: Lying pollies ignore boaties ... Again

But the question is always, will you vote against them?
    While pollies know people will moan and groan, but still roll over come election time, they dont give a stuff.

Absolutely. I estimate that collectively, the 8c a litre rip off and the unapproved excise increase will cost me an extra $1,115 in boat fuel alone, over the next five years (6 metre mono with 175hp). Didn't tell boaties that did they? Gotta to be worth me handing No votes to the LNP and ALP. The Greenazi's don't want me to go boating, so any potential independents out there, now's the time to seize the day - you can have my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    But the question is always, will you vote against them?
    While pollies know people will moan and groan, but still roll over come election time, they dont give a stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERDAFF View Post
    Absolutely. I estimate that collectively, the 8c a litre rip off and the unapproved excise increase will cost me an extra $1,115 in boat fuel alone, over the next five years (6 metre mono with 175hp). Didn't tell boaties that did they? Gotta to be worth me handing No votes to the LNP and ALP. The Greenazi's don't want me to go boating, so any potential independents out there, now's the time to seize the day - you can have my vote.
    Try raising that argument with the gooberment. Boats are a luxury, therefore we can afford it according to them. The question is though, who do you vote for? Nutty Palmer? Crazy Greens? Or the LNP/ALP? No one will roll any of this back due to the money coming in.

They need to find a way to raise funds to fill the gap as they say. However they have not looked at the alternatives. If they made the "green" legal, that'll save everyone a lot of coin, reduce the jails, take pressure of the courts and be able to reduce the funding for police. Looking only from a finacial point... The social gains would tremendous. You're looking at a multi-billion dollar savings right here. Yet no pollie has the real back bone to touch the subject in any serious manner.

How will an independent turn this around?
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    Try raising that argument with the gooberment. Boats are a luxury, therefore we can afford it according to them. The question is though, who do you vote for? Nutty Palmer? Crazy Greens? Or the LNP/ALP? No one will roll any of this back due to the money coming in.

They need to find a way to raise funds to fill the gap as they say. However they have not looked at the alternatives. If they made the "green" legal, that'll save everyone a lot of coin, reduce the jails, take pressure of the courts and be able to reduce the funding for police. Looking only from a finacial point... The social gains would tremendous. You're looking at a multi-billion dollar savings right here. Yet no pollie has the real back bone to touch the subject in any serious manner.
    Julian, thats what they rely on, dont vote based on the new lies they tell you, vote against the ones they have already told you, eg, vote people out, not people in, based on whether or not they told the truth last time around, then they might actually keep promises.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    How will an independent turn this around?

Probably won't but something has to give. For the last 10 years the quality of pollies both state and federal has gone down the dunny hole.

One state MP even used this website to peddle his BS. You seldom see him swing by now , probably does not want be reminded of all those can do commitments for fishos that amounted to the total sum of zip.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Feral - you are spot on - it's a case of vote out the liars.

In terms of the associated question: What can an independent do - have a look at some of the things Nick Xenophon has achieved. In Victoria, independent Russell Savage handed power to a minority Labor government after ousting the local member who had held a 19 percent (or thereabouts) margin.

Or put even more simply, you might have 22 players from two teams on a field, but it is the independent umpire who shapes the game and controls who gets the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    Julian, thats what they rely on, dont vote based on the new lies they tell you, vote against the ones they have already told you, eg, vote people out, not people in, based on whether or not they told the truth last time around, then they might actually keep promises.
    Last edited by SUPERDAFF; 05-11-2014 at 05:27 PM. Reason: gammar

It's simple, start voting LDP. They are only small right now but an LDP with a solid balance of power would see massive changes in things like this.

edit: whilst ever we expect so much of government, we will have this sort of thing. Not until we stop demanding governments provide us with all these nanny state services will governments stop trying sneaky ways of paying for them.

A huge portion of what our governments are in the business of is completely unnecessary. We simply don't need government to be attempting (poorly) to provide such services. We can largely look after ourselves.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Queensland election - seven days and counting. Who, if anyone, is going to give boaties and fisho's the best deal?

What if you've got a pretty decent local candidate standing for a dud party? How about a dud candidate standing for party that you might ordinarily prefer? Is it going to be the candidate or the party?

I spoke to all of the parties fielding candidates in my electorate. All said words to the effect of: "Boating and fishing do not figure as a priority in our polling."

- Really? Perhaps that's because you have never bothered to ask if boating and fishing are important to the one in five homes in my electorate which own a registered boat".

If someone hands me a 'How to vote card' next Saturday, once again, I'll once again be handing them a "How to Govern card" stating: 'Give boaties and fisho's a better deal if you want my vote'.

Is it time to draw an additional box on your voting card and Vote 1 - Garry the Goat and Jimbo. Then, order the rest of the candidates from 2 onwards in your order of preference? Would that be a legal vote given that it clearly shows the rankings and the order of your preferences for the candidates albeit that one is not eligible. One scrutineer once told me: "So long as the voter's intention is very clear, the vote shall be counted irrespective of what else may be written on the card." Any thoughts on that?

At least we're getting closer to that stage when everyone has almost finished calling everyone else a liar. Let the games begin .....

I see where your coming from but they are all full of bull dust in particular one that came on here and told us garbage but the problem is that fishing and boating isn't an issue for a lot of people . I was at Cleveland yesterday annd most of the signs I saw were for our unfavorite MP ,just don't vote for him I say but I don't live there. Matt

A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

You were spot on about the fuel. Going through the roof at an outrageous 97.9cpl here yesterday.

$1000 over 5 years? I think you will spend 5 times that in maintanance......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I see where your coming from but they are all full of bull dust in particular one that came on here and told us garbage but the problem is that fishing and boating isn't an issue for a lot of people . I was at Cleveland yesterday annd most of the signs I saw were for our unfavorite MP ,just don't vote for him I say but I don't live there. Matt

A lot of us use the Broardwater and Wavebreak Island for fishing and boating, I know where the LNP stands on the cruise terminal and development of Wavebreak, I'd like to know where our own fishing and boating MP stands on the issue.
    ~~~><))))*>

Lying pollies ignore boaties ... Again

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    A lot of us use the Broardwater and Wavebreak Island for fishing and boating, I know where the LNP stands on the cruise terminal and development of Wavebreak, I'd like to know where our own fishing and boating MP stands on the issue.
    it wouldn't matter where he stands on this issue he wouldn't say anything you could believe anyway and I'm sure the liberal line is give it to the Chinese to develop at any cost . Matt.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422262258.278457.jpg
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......