Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cyclone Debbie Blog

Re: Cyclone Debbie Blog

Oh. And it peaked at 263 on hamiton island. Near enough for you

G'day kc
    I've been following this blog closely from the start, and wow, quite a ride. Thanks.
    Sorry you and your community suffered through this catastrophic event. All the best for the huge task of recovery ahead.
    Looks like my wife and I will have to have our winter Qld holiday in Airlie Beach this year, not that we are big spenders, but every little bit helps I guess
    Cheers
    Rod

Yes I do understand your frustration but lets not go down the line of the Journo's that you rightly run down, yes I am well aware of what it peaked at on Hamo, actually more than aware of what it peaked at everywhere else as well which is why I asked the question of someone trying to carry on just like a Journo, this is day 1 of many, day 2 tomorrow is another day, it is not the end of the world and no lives were lost (as far as I am aware) as a direct result of the cyclone, this was a good start. One has to always look on the bright side, this could have been much much worse and probably right now you would be thinking well it couldn't get any worse than this but it definitely can, we do know this.

Mate!will restate. Off the back of 33 years of cyclones. This was "the big one". As the dust settles and the payouts start you might get the picture. This did not just f#ck over a town , it has F#cked over and industry. The end game will be eye watering in dollar terms. Happy lives not lost, in large part because we are a new, well built, modern town. I know i am emotionally but look back at both of my uilu and ysdi blogs. I treid to be honest and dispassionate. This one was different.

Big follow up storm tonight with a lot of rain. Large scale flash flooding in cannonvale with evecuations underway now. This bitch just won't go away. Town in a bit of bother. No power, no food, fuel or refrigeration and as yet no sign of large scale emergency services as roads all cut. Today will be interesting. Lots of little personal gennys running but most are about out of fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by SatNav View Post
    Yes I do understand your frustration but lets not go down the line of the Journo's that you rightly run down, yes I am well aware of what it peaked at on Hamo, actually more than aware of what it peaked at everywhere else as well which is why I asked the question of someone trying to carry on just like a Journo, this is day 1 of many, day 2 tomorrow is another day, it is not the end of the world and no lives were lost (as far as I am aware) as a direct result of the cyclone, this was a good start. One has to always look on the bright side, this could have been much much worse and probably right now you would be thinking well it couldn't get any worse than this but it definitely can, we do know this.
    You just don't know when to quit do you mate.

Every single thread you have ever been involved in you have acted the same, like a total & utter knob.

If you were there & lost everything you have ever worked for, well yes, it may feel like the end of the world, but no, you are ok, as you just sit back & fire off with verbal diarrhoea playing the keyboard warrior you are well known for

Kc you just got a good plug for the rum bar on sunrise.
    IF IT CAN'T EAT A WHOLE PILLY I DON'T WANT IT

Last post on this thread. It will be a fair old tale. The storm/flood last night was the final nail. 1 meter of rain in 6 hours. Major flash flood property damage. People whose houses survived debbie, didn't survive last night. Our restaurant, which managed to feed 500 odd people yesterday, i left last night with 3 gennys running. At some stage 1 meter if water washed through the basement and gennys stuffed.. we are closed indefinately. Fired up catering venue and fed 2000 people today for free. Dont care.have enough food for another 1000 tomorrow. Malcolm turnbull apparently flew over today in a helicopter. Did not land. Maybe didn't want to get his shoes muddy.crashed my fing car pre dawn. Tree almost landed on top of me. Hit the fer instead. Just a really awful time. Oo ish. No annual weipa trip this year, and right now, as i thpe this, fireworks being let off. Makes me smile. F debbie. I am going to release a new series of mt gay rum hats ...debbie does airlie 2017.. i have plenty. Pre order. 30 bucks each. Mate of mine just left e,emerald with a 200 kva genny. Sorry if this is a bit incorherant. I am stressed. What else? Only 2 reef pontoons are somewhere between here and fiji.. reef has 10 meter seas. Daydream has been evacuated. Dropped 200 pax in airlie. No power, no food, no water, no sewage. We will be dark for 2 more days, army cant get through, everyone with a genny running out of fuel...it is just f'd. I am "tired and emotional" maybe even for real. No more posts from me. Done. A shocker

Over and out. Next time i am on ausfish i will talk boats and fishing..

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    Last post on this thread. It will be a fair old tale. The storm/flood last night was the final nail. 1 meter of rain in 6 hours. Major flash flood property damage. People whose houses survived debbie, didn't survive last night. Our restaurant, which managed to feed 500 odd people yesterday, i left last night with 3 gennys running. At some stage 1 meter if water washed through the basement and gennys stuffed.. we are closed indefinately. Fired up catering venue and fed 2000 people today for free. Dont care.have enough food for another 1000 tomorrow. Malcolm turnbull apparently flew over today in a helicopter. Did not land. Maybe didn't want to get his shoes muddy.crashed my fing car pre dawn. Tree almost landed on top of me. Hit the fer instead. Just a really awful time. Oo ish. No annual weipa trip this year, and right now, as i thpe this, fireworks being let off. Makes me smile. F debbie. I am going to release a new series of mt gay rum hats ...debbie does airlie 2017.. i have plenty. Pre order. 30 bucks each. Mate of mine just left e,emerald with a 200 kva genny. Sorry if this is a bit incorherant. I am stressed. What else? Only 2 reef pontoons are somewhere between here and fiji.. reef has 10 meter seas. Daydream has been evacuated. Dropped 200 pax in airlie. No power, no food, no water, no sewage. We will be dark for 2 more days, army cant get through, everyone with a genny running out of fuel...it is just f'd. I am "tired and emotional" maybe even for real. No more posts from me. Done. A shocker

Over and out. Next time i am on ausfish i will talk boats and fishing..
    I feel for you KC. Words are not enough to be able to fix and understand what you guy's have been through. And I'm not to good with words.

I would feel privileged If I could buy one of your hats. Please PM bank details etc.
    Cheers. Bob.

And to those that thought this wasnt a bad one...........
    Lot of livelihoods gone. Yep can be rebuilt but spare a thought for those farmers that now deal with the loss of livestock.....

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1. Shut the F up you dont understand shit.
    2. Its no wonder you have to number your ideas because it is incoherent rubbish when you don't (just plain rubbish when you do)

KC its very sad to hear what has happened to Airlie and surrounds. I've had many good times in that town and in your bar.

I hope for a speedy recovery for the town and that you get out fishing sooner rather than later.

And the carnage is set to continue in the aftermath, Rocky, Gladstone, Emerald and many others all getting smashed by flood waters directly associated with TC Debbie, not to mention the damage done throughout SEQ and NNSW.

Satnav, your statements are tripe mate, give it up now. I agree with KC's prediction, this will be the single worst cyclone event in QLD history, the fact lives were not lost is a miracle and a testament to modern building standards.

1. Honestly some of you need to get over yourself as no matter what you say it will not change history, when reality settles, history will be what it is but really not sure that many of the soapbox opinions will change the outcome. It is what it is and there's not a dam thing anybody can say or do to change it. Lets see how the experts rate it in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_chips View Post
    And the carnage is set to continue in the aftermath, Rocky, Gladstone, Emerald and many others all getting smashed by flood waters directly associated with TC Debbie
    1. Honestly you are now sounding like a B grade over hyped reporter. The Fitzroy will do exactly what the Fitzroy has done for most years long before your time is flood, it is just what any river needs to do. Emerald and Gladstone have no idea why you think that are getting smashed, like not enough rain in emerald to even settle the dust.

2. Leave the hype to the reporters so we can concentrate on a single point of over zealous reporting

1. Honestly you are now sounding like a B grade over hyped reporter. The Fitzroy will do exactly what the Fitzroy has done for most years long before your time is flood, it is just what any river needs to do. Emerald and Gladstone have no idea why you think that are getting smashed, like not enough rain in emerald to even settle the dust.

2. Leave the hype to the reporters so we can concentrate on a single point of over zealous reporting

SatNav you really need to get your facts right before you post things. I have been speaking with a mate at Emerald at the golf course. Wednesday it was under 6ft of water (a little bit more than settling dust). KC is right about the economic cost that system is going to cost. It may have not been the strongest system that Qld has seen but besides the initial cost of building damage to the likes of Hamilton Isl, Hayman Isl, Bowen, Airlie Beach etc it is also the loss of infra structure, crops, businesses etc and the continual damage that is being experienced down the queensland coast and inland.

KC was giving us a first hand account of what he was and is experiencing and for you to hijack a thread with unfounded information is disgusting. I don't know KC personally but he is doing alot more to help his community even though he has experienced I am sure a huge loss due to this disaster than you are sitting behind a keyboard with your unfounded information.

Thanks KC for your insight into what REALLY and is HAPPENING and I wish you all the best and thankyou for your assistance in helping your community to try and get back on their feet,