Thread: Buying Flies From Overseas

Buying Flies From Overseas

How, does one stand getting flies through Customs if your buying from OS via Ebay.....etc...Cheers Scott.

Re: Buying Flies From Overseas

If you can prove they have no animal and/or bird products in them you may be OK. I don't think customs like feathers. When I went to PNG last year I left all the flies I took with me there, just to be on the safe side.

Ausfish Silver Member

You would probably find that Customs are not the ones interested in your overseas flies unless they are from a endangered speices( Cities listed )or exceeed a specified value however AQIS ( Quarantine) certainly will be- follow the link below- for the answers to your questions - Import Conditions Data Base AQIS

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_querycontent.asp

cheers

If you bring flies in from overseas you will be charged an irradiation fee. depending on how many it could be $50- $100.
    Best regards
    John
    John Coles Fly Fishing,Sydney

hi i would take only synthetic flies this would solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post
    How, does one stand getting flies through Customs if your buying from OS via Ebay.....etc...Cheers Scott.
    Its a lottery , I've managed to get flies in from NZ & the US ........ but I have also had product seized also from NZ ...... My contact now does not ship to Australia because of the hassel

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO