Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

Re: Minn Kota and Lithium Ion batteries

There are about 10 ppl on this site on my ignore list....just can't be bothered reading the crap they put up....plus it removes the temptation for me to respond pulling them up on their bullshit.
    Jack.

pppppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    There are about 10 ppl on this site on my ignore list....just can't be bothered reading the crap they put up....plus it removes the temptation for me to respond pulling them up on their bullshit.
    Never worked out how to do that. In the meantime it's the BMS in the lithium batteries is where a lot of the money is. It's the BMS that allows the best out of lithium batteries and the R&D is not cheap
    Thought about buying individual cells but the circuitry behind it is what worries me. I've pulled a few lithium batteries apart ans the difference in the circuitry is quite significant.

Edit: whatever happens on another forum/social l media site should stay there and not be brought across to this one. Personally most social media should be shut down. It's amazing what people post on it.

pppppppppppppppppp

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just hope that we don’t see a mass culling of members like we did some years ago. There were some real characters that were a wealth of knowledge and generally good banter that are no longer here. The written word is difficult sometimes to work out the tone of a person’s post. Peace out ✌️
    Matilda

I don’t know who runs this very good forum, but they need to pull some members into line.

I’ve not seen such yard banter/bullying for years.

Go and bully each other in another forum and leave Ausfish out of it. I’m sure I’m not alone in these comments. FFS

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Question for Disorderly. Have you checked voltage on the individual cells and have you had to balance them? If you have what charger did you use?

TMC

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Sorry for another off topic post but I have to ask @blacklab @disorderly @gazza2006au @bluefin59 do you hang around enough of the same parts of the internet so much that your "moon times" have all synchronized?

I'm not innocent of shit posting here but #### me you all need to let it drop. The Gazwars will be the final straw in the life of Ausfish.

Cheers Matt
    Yeah mate..it started back when i had a thread on building my Chinese boat and boat ladder and had a few bigots and bogans have a go at me on here and the plate boat forum on FB...

Blacklab was one of those who started the rot on this forum and then followed me over to the plate boat forum when the clown has a glass boat anyway...

I have ignored him here and blocked him and some others who also insulted me about the boat on FB so he cant even see what i actually post there but yet he still stalks me....

All he has to do is LEAVE me the f@ck alone as i have asked him and i will never mention him again if he stays off my threads...

What's so hard about him stopping the keyboard warrior chestbeating BS and just ignoring me ..

I don't like him and he doesn't like me so being an adult means just have nothing to do with one another ...SIMPLE..

This clown has such a high sense of his own self importance and thinks he is so special that he can force me to interact with him so he can put me in my place...then he tries to rally his imaginary friends in a me vs them feud...thinks he is a self appointed admin..he creates his own fantasy world where he is the king of the internet d everybody must treat him with deference..

The only interaction he has with me is to insult me, call me "Dysentry" or insult my boat and then realizes he looks like a clown so heavily edits 5 times to moderate himself and paint himself in a more rational light..

A mate sent me those FB posts to demonstrate that while he was saying on here he was going to drop his BS because he is the "bigger man" then actually at the exact same time he went over to Fb and started trashing me for hours as can be seen by the times of the posts...

Just a total w@anker who pretends to be someone he is not when he is just an angry and lonely old man with a big chip on his shoulder ...T
    Also just to show what a liar this obsessive clown is as well...that he does actively stalk me and also tries to incite his little posse against me his post was 6 months or more ago and just shows the same pattern of harrassment..
    .lab dick.jpg

But in the end who gives who gives a toss.?..i don't care who's the tallest guy or the best fighter or who has the most FB friends....I'm just here to share and learn.

So I'll kindly ask one last time...

kindly f@ck off weirdo stalker freak and LEAVE ME ALONE here and on FB...

start your own thread and LEAVE mine alone..

that's the very last I'll say on it..

Please lets get back to talking about all things fishing..even for those that dont actually fish..

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Cat View Post
    Question for Disorderly. Have you checked voltage on the individual cells and have you had to balance them? If you have what charger did you use?

TMC
    mate i havent checked them and the fella at Evworks balanced them for me before delivery..

What is the process for doing it and how do you check the voltage of the individual cells..?

Do you need to recheck them or just if there is a midpoint alarm that might show an issue with a cell..?

I stumbled on this video a couple of weeks ago and it seems all you need to do is cycle them to balance.

Check from the 8 Minute mark if you don't want to watch it all.
    Obviously different cells but they all should work the same, might need an old school charger at the start if you have to cycle them twice.

ppppppppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Something a little bit closer to the topic. One maybe the sparkies like Scott can answer.

If you have a 36v trolling motor and are using 3x12x batteries in series to make the 36v in your house bank. Can a single one of those batteries be hooked up to for the rest of your 12v equipment like sounders, radios, lights etc?
    Gents, bloody drop it.

can anyone answer this one?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Gents, bloody drop it.

can anyone answer this one?
    Happy to drop it mate..thats all I want...all I have ever wanted.....I have asked him to leave me alone on several occasions but it just doesnt happen when you are dealing with crazy..

Anyway back on topic I wouldnt do that..I would have the 36v dedicated bank for the trolling motor and a separate battery for accessories... but Scottar or someone might be able to explain why that is best..

pppppppppppppppp

QUOTE=disorderly;1679592]mate i havent checked them and the fella at Evworks balanced them for me before delivery..

What is the process for doing it and how do you check the voltage of the individual cells..?

Do you need to recheck them or just if there is a midpoint alarm that might show an issue with a cell..?[/QUOTE]

I was hoping you knew. I believe you check the voltages on the individual cells and there should be no more than 0.2 difference. If there is then connect in parallel and charge to 3.65 volts. This is for the CALB 100's.

TMC