Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro SD Card

Micro SD Card

Has any one lost their maps off their card and been told that you need to buy a new blank card and can down load the Aust/NZ maps from the Navionics web page?

Re: Micro SD Card

No, I had to take the now "blank" SD (which has the navionics logo etc.) to a dealer and they replaced it.

Yer, well im getting the run around

Lowrance have tested the unit and stay its fine it must have been a faulty card and Navionics are saying that a card just don't lose its maps, the unit must have wiped it...

So from what I can find im up for $252.00 to down load new maps which is just the Rocky to Taree map.

And to get back what I had the Aust/NZ maps is $368.00 which is more that half of what I paid for the whole set up originally.

have you talked to any data recovery or I.T company's they might be able to recover the card

No I haven't but ill try the IT guys at work....

Given Navico own both brands you should be able to just get the card replaced. Have you tried the Lowrance people directly? They were awesome for me. I'll look into my emails and try and find a name.

You can purchase an update card then download from the website - much the same as downloading free updates for the first 12 months after purchase (unless your card came as part of a bundle - at least that used to be the case) - see the CH Smith website result from a google search for a pretty comprehensive explanation. Whether or not your original card needs to be in operational condition for this to work I don't know. The navionics cards seem to be the most temperamental of the brands - certainly the brand I saw the most of with the data files either gone or corrupted and thus non functional. It was regularly associated with using the chart card to store either user files or settings or (from there paperwork) could happen if an attempt was made to copy the files that were on it. It is good practice to never use a chart card for memory storage and if your machine takes a full size SD card to engage the write protection switch.

Was the chart part of a bundle with the unit (came in the lowrance box) Wayne or purchased as a separate item?

mate it came with the Lowrance elite 5 HDI which takes the micro card.

The first and only time it had been touched was after the map had disappeared and Navionics told me to take the card out put it back in the full size adaptor, plug it into the PC and see whats on there..

The card I had was a gold but I see now that has been discontinued since the 1/1/16... so I cant get back what I had. Looks like ill have to upgrade to the navionics plus?

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    mate it came with the Lowrance elite 5 HDI which takes the micro card.

The first and only time it had been touched was after the map had disappeared and Navionics told me to take the card out put it back in the full size adaptor, plug it into the PC and see whats on there..

The card I had was a gold but I see now that has been discontinued since the 1/1/16... so I cant get back what I had. Looks like ill have to upgrade to the navionics plus?

Sounds like it Wayne if lowrance won't come to the party - I assume the whole set up is out of warranty. Shop around too mate - you can definitely do a bit better than the prices you have quoted as a new purchase let alone an update with the Australia chart at least.

https://www.whitworths.com.au/main_l...r=Navionics%2B

Bud their updates only, you need to have maps first to be able to update them.

the last on that list is what im up for.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    Bud their updates only, you need to have maps first to be able to update them.

the last on that list is what im up for.
    Yeah wasn't sure what the go was whether your original had to be functional or not. When you put it in the computer, did any files show up on the card at all ?

Speak to Spiro at Blue Bottle Marine. He may be able to help

Can you pick up a second hand unit cheap with the card you need? Might be cheaper than a new card

Hurts my head every time I read this one as it is a waste of space forking out 300-400 bucks for mapping and putting it on a $5 per GB garden variety SD which these cards most probably are as any consumer type memory used in this type of application will certainly have a limited life. Unless you are paying around $50+ for a 1GB SLC SD card then don't waste your time spending the money for the mapping.