Thread: New to here, not quite new to Angling, Gday!!

New to here, not quite new to Angling, Gday!!

Helo all. I remember being on my Dads boat before i could walk - being taught to fish. My earliest memory is Mum holding me wrapped in a blanket and Dad caught a 3 foot blacktip reef shark off Rottnest Island WA, All i remember is i was small. Like under 2 or something - We have fished our whole lives - Beach, Rock, Estuary, River, Creek, Dam, Deep Sea, Game, Sport and Fly and i am sure if the weather was poor in a Fishtank. I am now 32 and currently on the ANSA executive committee and act as Gold Coast Sportfish Club Fundraiser (Home of the Gold Coast Flathead Classic). I am a IGFA Lifetime Member, Billfish foundation member and a member of Suntaggers QLD. I fish in ABT Tournaments and often act as a deckie on SeaProbe Charters, Gold Coast. I have in the past worked for Peter Pakula making the original Pakula WhichDoctor teasers and famous Skirted Trolling Lures and a stint Worked for Ausprey Tackle. I hold 3 GFAA and QGFA records and been awarded frequent tagging awards. I have won many team and indivual trophies at club and tournament level fishing aboard a few vessels including Pakula Animal, Black Magic, Doubleshot, Too Easy and Maggie R all out of the Gold Coast Australia to name a few. My whole culture is fishing - for preservation - Dad always said take a feed, no worries - dont freeze any, eat what you can fresh and release the rest to fight another day. Well that is my introductoin and 'EgoStroke' LOL but basically I love to fish and am always learning and always teaching. I am a Pharmacist and work to fish. Feel free to email me questions, i am sure i will be asking a few!! Stone. TAG EM' ALL THE BIG AND THE SMALL!

The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct
    and strength of the fish and that the latter is entitled to an even chance for its life

Re: New to here, not quite new to Angling, Gday!!

Thank you for your resume. At this time we are not hiring. Even AF were you are way to over qualified for this site Welcome aboard

hmmmm, pharmacist and fishing legend? you sound suitable to come deckie for me...
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome Stone.... I am really looking forward to learning from your posts...quite impressive introduction...wonder who will be the first to have a crack at you and see what you are made of....There are some wonderful and talented fisher/boating/professional/etc people on Ausfish with a wealth of knowledge that most are willing to share. Have fun.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Welcome aboard Stone. I look forward to your input
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Horse View Post
    Welcome aboard Stone. I look forward to your input

Yep -- what he said