View Poll Results: Would a chat room work?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

43 58.11%
  • no

13 17.57%
  • maybe

18 24.32%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chat room??

Re: Chat room??

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Chartroom was a lot of fun. Hopefully if there was another some could check the ego and personal problems at the door

2001?? I was a member before that. Gees I remember when it was a single bulletin board
    I think I do too, i had a different name way back then, all of the threads where strung like windows file system does it. had it's advantages.

Jack yeah it was but we lost lots of interesting characters, overall forum feels different today but it is certainly easier to access information..

Sounds good to me

cheers tim

Its was a bit of fun while it was around but was open to abuse so it was eventually shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    Was that already there Phil or is it now a new thing?
    Haven't done the FB/Twit thing as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post

Jack yeah it was but we lost lots of interesting characters, overall forum feels different today but it is certainly easier to access information..
    There's a real balance there somewhere. Its the interesting characters that develop on the forum that can make a good and entertaining read. But they can cause some trouble if not held in check..the mods can have that job.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrah Jack View Post
    There's a real balance there somewhere. Its the interesting characters that develop on the forum that can make a good and entertaining read. But they can cause some trouble if not held in check..the mods can have that job.
    yeah..so you better behave..hehe

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    yeah..so you better behave..hehe
    Me!!!..I'm squeaky clean mate..Ask Finga

I remember the chat room, we lived out in the sticks at the time and the internet took a stubby to down load a page, so was no good for me at the time. Was about 2000 members then, would be interesting to see how it would go now.

Scott

I like the idea of a chat room. It would be a good idea to have fishing related quizzes also. Stuff like fisheries regulations(size and bag), fish descriptions, boating safety, first aid etc when repeated over and over on things like quizzes really sink in. Members could post quiz questions and answers to moderators for inclusion in the quizzes.

The amount of things I have learnt on this forum is great, the amount I forget that I would like to remember is not so great. A 5 minute quiz at the start of every hour could only enhance Angling knowledge.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I think the old chatroom died or was not renewed to the next version because arguments crossed over onto the forum proper but I stand to be corrected if need be.

Mods or a least a certain one was drunk with power and started it all (from memory) dunno who it was now, members where fighting with the mods and each other, lots of banning happened and even an offshoot forum was spawned although I don't know very much about that...heaps of spice watching from the sidelines, was civil war there for a while LOL!

Gee that was a fair while ago.

Im all in favour of it, but it should be called the war room & be un-moderated.

Muzz

I think the old chatroom died or was not renewed to the next version because arguments crossed over onto the forum proper but I stand to be corrected if need be.

Mods or a least a certain one was drunk with power and started it all (from memory) dunno who it was now, members where fighting with the mods and each other, lots of banning happened and even an offshoot forum was spawned although I don't know very much about that...heaps of spice watching from the sidelines, was civil war there for a while LOL!

Gee that was a fair while ago.
    NO, not correct.

" Civil war " was in the forum and not in the live chat.

The live chat was simply not continued due to lack of interest and updating / streamlining of newer forum versions.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

How long has it been since Ausfish had a chat board?

i remember when there were normally 6 to 10 people on the chat boards most nights.... I met and organised heaps of trips out with awesome fisho's mostly through the original ausfish chat... so i recon... no joke that the chat would have accounted for at least half of my pb's just cause the cool info and trips out that were organised back in the day

Dyl

Well ive emailed Phill with a request to run it by SB so now its in the lap of the gods..

cheers,
    Wayne.

Still waiting!!!!!