Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer beware springwood marine

Re: Buyer beware springwood marine

Hmm now the thread has got interesting. +1 to watching this for information to base future purchases on.

It's good we have springwood marine on here to reply now, but the fact it's been confirmed it was a used motor is a bit off. I'll be curious if the invoice reflects that w/ VIN's as discussed. Even if it was a genuine mixup though, it sounds like the customer service, or lack of, is appalling.

I reckon I am willing to accept your explanation of events and can see how that could of happened. If true you have really got the crappy end of the stick.

Still a few outstanding issues though....

* The manager didn't do you any favours when he refused to apologise initially.

* There's someone here who believes you guys owe him a service. I don't know the details but it sounds like a broken promise.

* Theres a couple of us who had money and intent, but got no service in your yard while looking for a boat.

Having said all that, I wish Springwood Marine well.... You no doubt are employing a number of people and I support local businesses whoever I can.

If you addressed the issues I mentioned you might go a long way to restoring your good name here. I thank you for your reply to this topic... Hope all concerned get a good resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by mull dog View Post
    If there is a problem start a new thread and make sure you justify your comments like Old Mate has done on this one
    Mate I asked this guy a question I have not had a problem with them but if there is one I want to know about it. Hence the reason I asked him to PM me if he did not want to post anything up in this one. I really do not need to start a whole new thread about it.

I'm find Springwood reply not real good as his salesman told me the motor serial number he was sending to Origin Boats which is the same number I took a photo of and the same salesman told me it would be on a pallet on frame not in box so can you tell me Springwood Marine how it can be still a mistake lies lies and more lies why would he tell me the serial number of a demo second hand motor if it was a new outboard and still never received any apology at any time with the book in to fit the motor the new motor issue or the harness issue so tell me Springwood Marine how do you explain this

Quote Originally Posted by WalrusLike View Post
    I reckon I am willing to accept your explanation of events and can see how that could of happened. If true you have really got the crappy end of the stick.

Still a few outstanding issues though....

* The manager didn't do you any favours when he refused to apologise initially.

* There's someone here who believes you guys owe him a service. I don't know the details but it sounds like a broken promise.

* Theres a couple of us who had money and intent, but got no service in your yard while looking for a boat.

Having said all that, I wish Springwood Marine well.... You no doubt are employing a number of people and I support local businesses whoever I can.

If you addressed the issues I mentioned you might go a long way to restoring your good name here. I thank you for your reply to this topic... Hope all concerned get a good resolution.

Well said mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Katcaddy View Post
    Guys this has got totally out of hand, i own Springwood Marine unfortunatley i have been away hence the late reply. let me tell you the facts, the engine that was sent to the boat builder was in fact fitted to a Kevlacat and had a slight noise, the fact that this was a twin rig accentauted it when the other engine was so quite however we had it checked by Suzuki and it checked out ok, it was a liitle tight, but in the interest of customer satisfaction we swapped it. We then sold this engine as a demo engine at a reduced price to a client up North and when the truck arrived to pick it up our parts people loaded up the wrong engine, they sent him the new one, they then sent the Demo engine to the boat builder by mistake, when we were alerted we very quickly ordered a new engine and dispatched it. There was no way that we would try and do something shonky, blind freedy can see that this engine had been fitted to another boat and wouldnt try to insult someones intelligence in convincing them it was new!!!! its a shame the boat didny come down here for fitup as it would have been picked up staright away and can assure you it would not have been fitted to this boat. The end result for us is that the customer up North has a brand new engine, i now have the demo engine back in stock, we have a customer who thinks that we have tried to decieve him and the kevlacat owner who we did do the right thing by also trying to wind people up. I can only apologise for the mistake and a genuine mistake it was and i am sorry that this has inconvenienced people. Its such a shame that some Ausfish members love this sort of stuff and its unfortunate that these same people are not quick to praise us when we do something good. Its a shame that the customer that now has a new engine by default is'nt an Ausfish Member because im sure he would have a different view.
    Again i apologise any inconvenience and can assure you that we did not try to do the wrong thing. I would welcome a call from any member if they want to discuss this.
    If you cannot cop feedback then don't be in business. My suggestion would be to have a look at what people have said here if you have not already don't take it as a personal attack and put measure's in place to make sure this does not happen you are a big enough business to be able to do it. I agree everyone makes mistakes and yes we are only human but it is the other issues people have brought up here that may need some attention Feedback and word of mouth is what helps keep a business going you of all people should know that It does not matter how big you are. I work for a big company and talk to people everyday in my job any feedback get's passed onto my manager and get recorded and taken seriously and measure's are put in place so it does not happen again. I would have a look at the bigger picture here mate and not just this issue.

No body wants to see a good business go down, its up to you Katcaddy to make sure you run a good business.

What do you say to the guy who you promised, on here, a free service which never eventuated. I would say you owe him a cheque for the cost he had to pay or your word is nothing.

Sorry I dont fall for this line, there is no way in hell its an accident. I think its an attempt to make an excuse so that it puts the subject to rest.

Its very similar to last time someone from here got a bad service from Springwood Marine, the owner got on here and promised to fix the problem. The only problem that got fixed was the thread was removed so that obviously helped Springwood Marine. The poor guy ended up paying again for his services which 100's or`1000's of people on here read.

I have never purchased anything from Springwood Marine after a good mate of mine got ripped off for a boat he bought and warned me off them. First thing he said when I was looking for a boat, dont buy off Springwood Marine.

I am sure there will be some false offer to the disgruntled customer in swap for the thread to be removed. The thread should stay to warn others, being conned leaves a bad taste in your mouth I know.

The biggest failure or undoing of any business is there lack of customer service and there poor handling of customer complaints.
    There is such a thing as 'customer revenge' only because they cant get satisfaction from the company involved.
    They are left with only one means of venting and its sites like this and many others.
    If it had of been dealt with promptly and proffesianlly then it would have never esculated to this level or made it onto the pages of AF.
    Mistakes liek this happen to many busniess but its the way they are dealt with that can bring a busniess to its knees.
    It seems there a poor salsmen culture running in this busniess and as the saying goes, "you are only as good as the people you employ".
    If you can take anything from this SM then it would be to train the salsmen to a much higher standard than currently is in place.
    Thats the problam with good service, customers tell maybe 1 or 3 people. Deliver a bad experiance then he will tell 12-15 people.
    To make this bad experiance even worse, they take to the internet such as has been done here.

Stu

From what I've seen at my local dealer a brand new Suzuki will come on a metal crate in a Suzuki cardboard box. When my old man's boat was at the dealership before fit up the salesman showed us the motor in the corner still packaged as it came from Suzuki.

I have to say that as a past, very happy customer of Springwood Marine, and one who has always leapt to their defence on any negative post about them on Ausfish over the years because of my very satisfactory dealings with them under their previous ownership, this whole matter and the other matter referred to by 20ran really troubles me.

I recall the previous matter to which 20ran referred and indeed, I recall praising, in that thread, the very generous response by Springwood marine's owner in which he offered the subsequent service to be free as compensation.

That I read that such offer was not honored and that I read that the post was deleted so no evidence of the offer was able to be found, I find this very troubling.

So I have just looked at Katdaddy's posting history and I find that there are nine posts in total but not the one offering the compensation that I and others recall in relation to the troubles that 20ran was having at the time.

What goes? How can this be? Where did that post go, Mr Ausfish?

None of us wants to see boat dealerships go under. There is always grief suffered by lots of people when that happens, including people who have lodged deposits on new boats or who are awaiting cheques due to the sale of consigned boats (ref the recent issue in relation to the Leisure Marine collapse). In another thread, I read that Cunningham's Marine has gone into receivership today so things are obviously tough in boat dealer land.

However, when you see a couple of these sorts of threads about alleged shonky behaviour emerging, even a previous active supporter of the dealership like me in forums like Ausfish, must start to wonder about the adage about where there is smoke, there is fire.

A few minutes ago, I emailed a mate, who is overseas on holidays and who had been considering placing his boat on consignment with Springwood Marine, to have a good think about whether he really wants to do that in the light of all the smoke that this dealership seems to have around it. There was nothing defamatory in my email; I just alerted him to this thread plus the fact that Cunninghams have apparently gone under and what it means when a dealership goes under if they are holding a customer's funds in any way.

I wish that I could leap to the defence of Springwood Marine like I have in the past but I have been getting my boat serviced at a closer dealership for the past three years so I have no current knowledge of their performance.

I am puzzled. I want to believe that they are a good company like I remember them to be but these matters are very disturbing to me and accordingly, I shall be sharing that perspective with my friends unless some more reassuring trends emerge.

Would also love a response to what I wrote about your trailers and how they do not comply with the current ADR regulations.

Hi

Glad to read both ( well 3) sides. Always hard when relayed on a forum as the tone of discussions that have happened can't really come across.

Got a question . What is a tight motor, how does Suzuki check it ?

If it was just a case of running it in wouldn't it just go in the test tank for 2 hours at various revs to loosen it up? Head noise, crank exhaust or injection noise? If it didn't quieten down then there was a issue? I ask as many motors have noise and survive warranty periods but it doesn't mean they are right just because electronic diagnostics don't show anything when at low hours. It is all about the full life of the motor and why it wasn't picked up by tank testing on initial install.

"fitted to a Kevlacat and had a slight noise, the fact that this was a twin rig accentauted it when the other engine was so quite however we had it checked by Suzuki and it checked out ok"

I don't like the sounds of this. I have too tell you that I am suprised that Springwood Marine have survived so long as their customer service has been very poor for some time now. I find Katcaddy's explanation reasonably unbelievable and if this is a measure of their quality control I would not like to be involved with them in any way. I'm not sure whats worse, the incompetence or the dishonesty.
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

When you consider how much deposit these marine companies ask for these days, one would have to consider whether they may loose the lot if the company goes arse up.
    I understand this isn't on topic but it does show that your money isn't safe with the business your dealing with.
    Its easy to say in hindsight but after the last 5 years of companies going belly up and often taking peoples hard earned with them that people still hand over many tens of thousands in deposits or progress payments. When ever I buy a new engine it has to be on the floor or at lest on the premises and until its fitted to my boat no money will change hands.
    Its often easier said than done but that's my approach. There my terms, if you want the sale and my money.
    Its a one way street with most marine businesses. I mean they want you to have faith in them by holding your money and that they will deliver.
    But how about the business showing faith in the customer coming back to pay in full on delivery of the product.
    The marine industry Australia wide is the wild west at best. No matter how much paper work you have, receipts with vin numbers, if they fold and take your coin then its going to be a bloody hard fight to get it back if at all. Until legislating is introduced to better protect the consumer we will continue to see people loose there hard earned money.