Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One for the brains trust

Re: One for the brains trust

OK Now we see the location, forget the pontoon just go and buy your self a couple of treated pine poles, as long as you can get and make a ramp. .

Secure the top the right distance apart to slide the hull up and the bottom end use a 200lt blue plastic barrel to float the ramp.

When your moving carry it all in the boat until next time. No hull damage no barnacles no stain or crap. Drive a star picket ino the lawn and winch from it.

Flush the motor with a hose and muffs standing at the base of the wall behind the boat.

Pull it out when you go . The drum will probably be the dearest bit or maybe someone has a spare one. Where is the location?

QED.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    OK Now we see the location, forget the pontoon just go and buy your self a couple of treated pine poles, as long as you can get and make a ramp. .

Secure the top the right distance apart to slide the hull up and the bottom end use a 200lt blue plastic barrel to float the ramp.

When your moving carry it all in the boat until next time. No hull damage no barnacles no stain or crap. Drive a star picket ino the lawn and winch from it.

Flush the motor with a hose and muffs standing at the base of the wall behind the boat.

Pull it out when you go . The drum will probably be the dearest bit or maybe someone has a spare one. Where is the location?

QED.
    At maroochydore. I pulled the boat out yesterday and spent an hour or 2 scraping barnacles off the bottom.
    Pressure cleaner got the moss off but I'm keen to not leave it in the water anymore I'll look into your idea thanks

Mate, your setting yourself up for a world of hurt. My only advice is find a way to keep it out of the water. You'd be amazed at the amount of growth that will attach to every surface in a relatively short time without adequate protection. Even with fairly good maintenance I've had sterndrives with oysters, various barnacles and even crabs living in places that you just cant access easily. Imagine what a few of those tiny barnies are going to do to your impellor for instance. And no, the barnacles don't just fall off. Your hulls' going to suffer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtragic View Post
    Mate, your setting yourself up for a world of hurt. My only advice is find a way to keep it out of the water. You'd be amazed at the amount of growth that will attach to every surface in a relatively short time without adequate protection. Even with fairly good maintenance I've had sterndrives with oysters, various barnacles and even crabs living in places that you just cant access easily. Imagine what a few of those tiny barnies are going to do to your impellor for instance. And no, the barnacles don't just fall off. Your hulls' going to suffer as well.
    Yeah thanks mate. The boat is out of the water for now. I was going to talk to the local hire boat place here they have all there tinnies painted in a blue paint below the water line. If that is good for 4 weeks at a time and i have my motor up out of the water it might work if only 4weeks in and 2 weeks out.