Thread: New activity stream button .

New activity stream button .

What are peoples thoughts on the new activity stream button ?
    Personally I preferred the New Posts button option .
    Anyway , thats my whinge .
    A happy and safe Christmas to all.
    Shawn

Re: New activity stream button .

I dont like it.

But, you can use the "Whats new" button in the dark blue header line (next to the classifieds button) as it does the same as the new posts button used to do.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

i like it, but i also like the new post button. The 'Whats New' button has been there for a long time. so there has been 2 buttons that do the same thing. i see that when you first log in that the new post button comes up, when you go into a thread the activity stream button comes up in the place of new post button.

...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy. ~William Sherwood Fox.

I am not fused on the activity stream buttom,new posts is easier.

Bring back new post

Don't like it

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Bring back new post

Same Same

It would be nice when changes are made a post was put up saying what is different and how to use it. This is not isolated to this forum alone.
    Some of us (ME) are not computer literate and have difficulty dealing with change.
    Example how difficult would it have been to put up a post saying that it was not possible to add photos when there was a problem with the upgrade.
    Cheers
    Ray

Quote Originally Posted by rayken1938 View Post
    It would be nice when changes are made a post was put up saying what is different and how to use it. This is not isolated to this forum alone.
    Some of us (ME) are not computer literate and have difficulty dealing with change.
    Example how difficult would it have been to put up a post saying that it was not possible to add photos when there was a problem with the upgrade.
    Cheers
    Ray
    Have a look in the help section if you are having trouble with something to see if it is covered there. Or put a post in there if it isn't.

I issue with teh photo atachment was covered in the Help section. Someone reported it there and I replied to them and it was fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish View Post

Same Same
    so now I have to click twice when I only had to click once in the past? and that is an upgrade? sounds like you would be better of as a politician in Canberra What ever happened to the old saying "if aint broke dont fix it"

Having said that the new auto save has already saved two posts from being lost in the ether so that is a benefit of the upgrade

my bad it is only one click still but why couldnt it just stay where it was? what is the benefit of activity stream?

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    my bad it is only one click still but why couldnt it just stay where it was? what is the benefit of activity stream?
    Just testing to see if by turning on compatibility view my issues have been fixed. And WOW it looks like it has!

Talking Re: New activity stream button .

whats new is still my preferred button.......
    activity is fine also , but takes away suspense and do you feel lucky punk , when going to hit 'open thread' button !!!