Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha 250 prop/rev range question

Re: Yamaha 250 prop/rev range question

I know prop is an American S/Steel (not sure the brand). Got the boat back from dealer after engine service and fitting Minn Kota and upgrading electronics. Will write down prop details in the morning and post. Very much appreciate your interest and invaluable advice. I have spent a lot of time (a lifetime) on boats without having a detailed understanding of propping on big outboards. Know sh!t load about catching fish but =)

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by kc View Post
    ...I have spent a lot of time (a lifetime) on boats without having a detailed understanding of propping on big outboards. Know sh!t load about catching fish but =)

Kev
    Who's to argue with those priorities

You could also talk to Ken from prop gods. He's on a few US forums, and knows heaps about props, and may have been involved with propping a sister ship to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No brand appears on prop. Just 2 small stamped "boxes" with "17-M" appearing in 1 and "11" or could ne "II" in the other. Not sure if that means anything other than 17 inch pitch.

KC

It's an M series Yammy prop, 17"p and 15 1/4" diam from memory. Importantly, it's not the correct prop series for the F250, regardless of the pitch. The 'T' series is their high performance props, and were specially developed for the F250 / high HP HPDI's.

It's no wonder you are spinning so high too, I could get 6k spinning a 19T on my heavier boat.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Nice boat KC

Rumble.jpgThanks mate, invaluable. I will order a 15 1/4 17 inch pitch 4 blade for a try out. Do you suggest anything in Solas in 3 blade? ....and yes Tim...Nice bit of gear.

Kev

Nice looking rig!

What brand is that 4bld?

Can't recall testing many SOLAS 3 blds other than 13" -13 7/8 diam props on a previous smaller boat.

Props that I would definitely be trying to get a hold of to try would be;

Yam 3 x 15 1/4 x 19T (T series, not M)

Merc REV 4, 19" (4 blade, all pitches have same diam)

You might find them EvilBay, but may take a while.
    Cheers