Thread: Navionics app - iPhone

Navionics app - iPhone

going to be venturing a little offshore and until I set myself up with a decent sounder gps combo. Anyone use it and how do you rate it, any good?
    .......Ash

Navionics app - iPhone

It’s good just be mindful that not all features work without phone coverage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Re: Navionics app - iPhone

...would it suffice as a navigational aid as part of safety equipment required for partially smooth/beyond partially smooth waters if checked by water police?
    .......Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    It’s good just be mindful that it only works where you have phone coverage!

i thought it would work anywhere as it’s via gps satellites, obviously can’t update app etc if out of reception but I thought gps would work even when no cellular reception ?
    .......Ash

Yeah sorry mate will work but not all features

Mercury 115ct going strong😁

I first used Navionics years ago on my old iphone 3gs one morning we were just outside and a massive sweep of fog was pushed across sydney and out onto the water we had no orientation i pulled out the phone and used Navionics to find our way back to the heads wit avoiding the bommie worked great all though my mate thought it was a radar and yelled out theres a boat in front of us lol

It works well mate but if you are running all the time you will need to plug the phone into the power as it chews the battery up pretty quickly. Uou also need to ensure that the phone doesn't go into off/standby mode all the time.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.