Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

Re: Round 1 AFC Ch10 1300hrs

Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    What I've found in the past, is that a half-deflated ghoon bag makes for a good pillow after a nights drinking. Perhaps it's time for a few of you here to take a nap yourselves from the internet - all of those that post on this forum in excess of 10 times a day (Mondy crewers). You mighten like the term 'Mondy Crew', but if I'm reading right we might have to change it to 'Naggs Crew' as from the last dozen or so threads started in this Freshwater section, most have been all about the man.

There was even a thread started by an angler who fished Monduran & caught a barra or two on a Viper lure - think it might have been there first every barra from memory, and the thread ended up turning into a Nagg-fest & his hatred for one of the most valuable big fish lures every to be produced. This was no way to treat & angler/s who have just caught there first few barra's... but then again, it's all about one angler on this Ausfish forum. Starstruck much?

Don't take this post as a personal attack Chris, as hell I've launched a few at you in the past. What this post is all about is telling it like it is - something I, and every barra angler worth their salt do each & every day. Opinion's on an internet forum makes then what they are, but the big picture is always missed, as are all the 100% accurate facts.

Another glance at the big picture... I'd hate to think what the Taylor boys are going to think when they read this thread. They could be thinking a few different things, but rest assured they won't be changing any techniques. Matter of fact they'd love reading this... 'everyone beating each other up over us' is what they SHOULD be thinking. I'll just get my pen out & pencil in a 5th straight AOY title to them now I think...
    Oh good ..... thought someone was missing

Naggs crew ...... I like it ( the others might not though)

I wouldn't expect the taylors to change anything ...... why would they ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by alphas View Post
    So true,what would this section become if the crew left for a month or two??
    Yes,the smartest people on AF are Cy and Kerrin.

Some people I fish with would love to share some of their techniques and thoughts,but once I pointed them here they replied with"too niche,and seems too biased to one particular group"

A shame,as some of the techniques they are using are mind boggling..Even to the extent that we now can target and catch barramundi in the brisbane river with some of these left field tech..(scour the net,you'll see the pics)

I dont care for the "coached"comments,if top ranking anglers seek out the advice of their peers-all the more luck to them.

Why dont some of you pay and go for a charter with JM?? See if some of his musings do work,learn..even if it is the smallest thing,it would be valuable.

A pack mentality exists here.What gives with printing and handing out ettiquette paperwork which was proposed earlier???In a public place,like an impoundment as long as the LAW is observed you are free to fish how and what you like.

Old mate with the noisy 2 stroke blowing your spot,big deal-move on.

Lets see what becomes of it,could certain people let others run the roost here??

Hi Mick, with all due respect I'll just respond to your comment on the noisy 2 stroke, as it was my-self that originally posted on this item this week.

You are correct, in a public place like an impoundment, as long as the law is observed, you are free to fish how and what you like.
    If you dont mind, just PM me the marks for your Brissy River Barra spot, and when you will be there next.
    I'll try and borrow a 2 stroke, race over to you at noise, pass about 15 meters away, and then spend 10 minutes trying to anchor up, with a bit of luck I'll be right over your cast line when the pick grabs. Dont forget I wont have an electric, so all toing and froing for the anchor retrieveal and setting will be done with the stern motor. Are you fishing in 6 foot of water, because all that noise travels so much farther in the shallows.
    Let me know if you are going the following night, because I'll try and do the same.
    Now lets say I did this to you and your cobbers regularly, sped past at noise, turned around, came back and pinged your mark, and then proceeded to run all over it while your trying to fish a hard earned spot? Because this isnt the first ime "ol mate", or crews similar, have done this. Would you shrug your shoulders and move on to another spot? I mean hey, you found the spot, identified the bait, structure, what ever that holds the fish, you made the effort to be there.
    Its not very nice, especially in a pressured dam, in shallow water.
    That is where angler ettiquete comes in to play.
    Leaving enough space so that a person, in this case me, but if you PM me those marks it will be you, has enough room to fish his spot with out some one coming in over the top, and making enough noise that every fish with in 100 meters has high tailed it out of the area.
    I know I dont have to explain any of that to you, but some of the many who read here, but dont post due to what ever reasons, now know why I dont like "ol mate in his 2 stroke".
    regards
    brian

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Hey all not posted on this one cause it was due to go one way...

I look at it a little different then a few and education on fishing, lure mods and C&R are always on my mind when chasing the fish but I do belive in my case (a small fish in a big pond) its simply my mods are small maybe stupid in the minds of others but hey thats fine and I like em so thats all that matters best part is I cant get judged why cause I am small school yiippeee My Mat for instance its mine I made it it works and I love it.

Sharing of info is a hard task on the net people share, people question and then breakdown, the trouble with opinions is there idividual same as ideas and we might not all share the same ones, hence the sometime back and forth post of conflict....

The Taylors are well the top of thier sport and thats great they arnt out their boasting they take it in thier stride and that's what makes em better then everyone else, not mods not where they fish just... Simply they go fish in a comp do it the way they see fit and win they keep to em selves and go off to thier home dam or where ever and plug away till the next one. They are the best at the moment and probably a long while and if they keep it the way they are doing it now they will be a force to strive for in the comp world.

The thinking Angler, well there is a fine line when it come to this topic you either are thinking or bickering... pff if you look through it and try not to involve yourself thier are some cracker tips in it, for one would any of us small folk pic some of the stuff you saw on AFC without some of the points made by the boys in this topic???

The Mondy Crew well a title given to those who go to Mondy and fish have a few beers and fish some more not a bad way to go fishing in my book, a classic case of judgement by people that dont respect that some people do go fishin to simply enjoy themselves... If all the so called Crew where to be on AFC and where into premotion then yes bad angle but they arn't and are all very nice people and some a cracker fishos and some cracker cooks...

Guides well in my book there are some goodins and some f wits they are in it either for the self premotion and the big wig status or in it for straight up education of angler, or a passionate love of the fish themselves the last two are the two greatest assets in the fishing game not the Taylors or whoever the guys who lay the foundations of those who fish for them. They hit the water with open eyes and clear minds and over time work so much out that us as weekend fishos could never do, the ones who share info wether it be criptic like Mitch or straight report like Paul they are the guys who I look at for small clues in the never ending puzzle. Yes shows like AFC and the brillance of those guys together show of some stats but in normal every day fisho just a case of going fishin the guides that we listen too will offer some sort of mind set when on the water..

Anyhow happy days and happy fishin all

Nath
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Geez guys, do we have to get into this petty bickering again? Personally, I'm getting bloody sick of it.

Anyhoo just thought I would post the ABT view of 'snagged rods' from their website:

"As per the rules for BREAM - Anglers may only use one rod at a time while fishing all BREAM events. This includes such cases as when a lure is snagged but still attached to the rod, anglers can not pick up another rod and begin casting - this would constitute using two rods.

As yet the BARRA Rules as published aren't as strict. It was possibly a good pick up by the Taylor boys.

We will have to wait and see if the BARRA Rules get an overhaul this year.

Made for good tv viewing and got some people talking."

Maybe 2010 will bring about some changes.

Regs

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by TinarooTriumph View Post
    What I've found in the past, is that a half-deflated ghoon bag makes for a good pillow after a nights drinking. Perhaps it's time for a few of you here to take a nap yourselves from the internet - all of those that post on this forum in excess of 10 times a day (Mondy crewers). You mighten like the term 'Mondy Crew', but if I'm reading right we might have to change it to 'Naggs Crew' as from the last dozen or so threads started in this Freshwater section, most have been all about the man.

There was even a thread started by an angler who fished Monduran & caught a barra or two on a Viper lure - think it might have been there first every barra from memory, and the thread ended up turning into a Nagg-fest & his hatred for one of the most valuable big fish lures every to be produced. This was no way to treat & angler/s who have just caught there first few barra's... but then again, it's all about one angler on this Ausfish forum. Starstruck much?

Don't take this post as a personal attack Chris, as hell I've launched a few at you in the past. What this post is all about is telling it like it is - something I, and every barra angler worth their salt do each & every day. Opinion's on an internet forum makes then what they are, but the big picture is always missed, as are all the 100% accurate facts.

Another glance at the big picture... I'd hate to think what the Taylor boys are going to think when they read this thread. They could be thinking a few different things, but rest assured they won't be changing any techniques. Matter of fact they'd love reading this... 'everyone beating each other up over us' is what they SHOULD be thinking. I'll just get my pen out & pencil in a 5th straight AOY title to them now I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by alphas View Post
    So true,what would this section become if the crew left for a month or two??
    Yes,the smartest people on AF are Cy and Kerrin.

Some people I fish with would love to share some of their techniques and thoughts,but once I pointed them here they replied with"too niche,and seems too biased to one particular group"

A shame,as some of the techniques they are using are mind boggling..Even to the extent that we now can target and catch barramundi in the brisbane river with some of these left field tech..(scour the net,you'll see the pics)

I dont care for the "coached"comments,if top ranking anglers seek out the advice of their peers-all the more luck to them.

Why dont some of you pay and go for a charter with JM?? See if some of his musings do work,learn..even if it is the smallest thing,it would be valuable.

A pack mentality exists here.What gives with printing and handing out ettiquette paperwork which was proposed earlier???In a public place,like an impoundment as long as the LAW is observed you are free to fish how and what you like.

Old mate with the noisy 2 stroke blowing your spot,big deal-move on.

Lets see what becomes of it,could certain people let others run the roost here??

My post in this thread was one of hope, I know a alot of the guys love the Ausfish forum and we have made some very good friendships through it, I know Lyndon and Nagg will never see eye to eye on anything and yes we may all disagree with one side or another and a line sand type thing seems to be founded by these conflicts... Boys I reckon somewhere between yas it should either be sorted or some will power stop from the duking it out on the threads... I know sometimes it will go bad due to something but its get a bit monotiniss...

Let me speak on behalf of those I fish with and I am sure they would agree, We all think the AFC show is a great specticle and the Taylors are by far the best minds in the game.

We all would be more then happy to all sit with anyone on here and share a beer some good food and talk shite.

The Info shared by Mitch, Dick, Theo, Lyndon and Nagg is alway read and apprciated regardless of though.

It would be a great day if we all chilled out with a fire some good tucker and had a good old yarn, maybe then we all would get the somewhat privaacy of the screen out of the equasion and saw people for what they realy are...

Well thats me I had my bit look forward to watching the Afc again saturday and talk bass...

Oh Lyndon or anyone for that matter when ya going up to Mondy again long time no see as you would have read we will be up in Febuary for a week..

Nath

gee thanks whitto, near forgot it was on this weekend, i will make sure i check it out, thanks mate....prolly see you in feb up the dam...cheers....

deano..
    God put me on earth to accomplish
    a certain number of things,
    right now i am so far behind
    i will never die.

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    gee thanks whitto, near forgot it was on this weekend, i will make sure i check it out, thanks mate....prolly see you in feb up the dam...cheers....

deano..
    I;m pleased I started this thread TO REMIND PEOPLE WHO WERE INTERESTED IN WATCHING THE AFC @ 1300HRS ON CH10 ...........I'll be there in February with bells on Deano.
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    I;m pleased I started this thread TO REMIND PEOPLE WHO WERE INTERESTED IN WATCHING THE AFC @ 1300HRS ON CH10 ...........I'll be there in February with bells on Deano.
    Ya did a good job Whitto,

Can you do it each week....I keep forgetting every sunday.

This sunday I have arranged a sneaky bass session with Chewy in some of his favorite spots around marryourbrothough....should be fun!!

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Ya did a good job Whitto,

Can you do it each week....I keep forgetting every sunday.

This sunday I have arranged a sneaky bass session with Chewy in some of his favorite spots around marryourbrothough....should be fun!!

Cheers Steve
    I'm pleased I was of some help Steve.........A bit concerned about your forgetfulness.......I put that down to the demon drink......Lemon Tea Mate helped me no end Barry, sorry I meant Steve.......don't forget to set your GPS so you can find your way home.......Have a great day on Sunday Mate......Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    HI Steve, I believe that the multiple short sharp strikes of the rod throughout the fight isn't done to set the hooks but is a fighting technique designed to turn the barras head and get it coming out to you quickly, keep the barra near the surface and to disorientate the fish so that the fight duration and hence opportunities to get off are minimized and then an early net shot is allowed. This is why the twins have trouble netting the fish as they are still green. Short sharp rips of the rod will cause more pain to the fish than steady pressure so is a better method to convince a fish to go where you want it to instead of running where it wants to go. You can see in the footage that once the barra gets it's head down and starts running than the twins fight the fish much the same as everyone else.
    Go out and try it, you may be suprised how effective it is, particularly on mid sized fish.
    Cheers, scott.

Thanks Scott. I love learning new techniques. I noted the quick short rips and couldn't understand what they were trying to counter (lack of the full picture and lack of experience/knowledge on my end). Thanks for the insight as to what they were trying to do.

Will definitely give it a try.

Steve

To reply,with all due respect Brian,we get it that it aggravates you- the blowfly syndrome.
    You were even upset about it enough I see to include it in your signature,with the obligatory "fish,beer,fish" crew mantra.

The point was that no amount of literature handed out,spoken about and prattled on about on-line will stop this behaviour happening.I totally agree with your point mate,it is perhaps the most annoying aspect of impoundment fishing.

But surely your reliance to catch a fish does'nt and certainly should'nt rely on one spot,if it gets tainted by some ol 2 stroker-move on.Certainly you can read the waterway well enough to find another fishable spot??

As for the GPS spots,not a chance in hell.
    I dont want the "crew" blowflying my spot hahaha.

Good luck with your upcoming trip in february,may you all catch many.

Hey Mick

Brian has enough spots in Mondy to cause a measles scare

Just the principle of the whole thing really. He (and a lot of us) work bloody hard and generally under a cloak of slealth to find spots that look to be fishy at particular times of the day/season/year. Small opportunities exist in pin point locations in narrow time frames.

So sure, he could bug off when someone blasts past him, but it means the 15-30 minutes it has taken him to crawl into his spot has gone to waste and he has to start his search pattern again from scratch.

I'm sure ya hate blowflies as much as we do. I call it "Mary Syndrome"....everywhere that Mary went bla bla bla.......you can excuse the impoundment newbies and those that don't quite put as much effort in as Brian to pick his target times and locales, but ya just can't excuse professional guides of all people who should know better....who should be setting an example for others.

The reference to literature....just an effort on the part of a dedicated few to help out and educate those that might just take a peek-a-boo at any well-meaning signage. It's not dictatorial in any way, just a user's guide and I hope we still get it off the ground. Something is better than nothing perhaps mate.

Cheers
    Paul

PS...We'll swap our (well not my) threadie spot for your river barra one eh????
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

I'm involved in the game & not just talking about it!
    And that’s what cheapens the shot that was fired from between the lines of the post that set this thread on its ear. Added to the fact it was fired on a public forum at people who might only visit once in a blue moon, it was one aimed squarely at their back.

Where’s the smoking gun? It’s embedded in the body language, or emoticons that clearly carry much of the posts intent. Generally speaking the rolling of the eyes implies the following – ‘I don’t know or am unsure of what you’re trying to do or say…….but I think its silly/stupid! As an example picture a conversation with someone about what you do and them rolling their eyes at what you have to say. It’s hardly pleasant and certainly does not provide constructive feedback. In short it’s dismissive and well short on respect.

Precede the ‘roll eyes’ with an ‘undecided’ emoticon and the message is that the worth of the techniques is undecided but they should be derided regardless.

My only real interest is why the shot was taken?

Looking for a fight? The last sentence and added ‘wink’ would suggest that was on the cards.

Reopen a wound between posters here; it certainly was a pretty good effort judging by the responses and such a shame after the Barra Basics thread that had people exchanging information freely without personal agendas surfacing.

Sour grapes? Some would suggest that’s the underlying issue.

Genuine debate and analysis on controversial techniques? Hardly, Nagg’s a smart fella and wouldn’t make the blunder of phrasing the questions in such a way that would not generate good discussion.

Bringing the Taylors back to the field a tad? Maybe, to be candid they have been anointed angling demigods by all and sundry, that’s apparent from well over the horizon.

A competitor’s tactic to put them off their game? Sledging is part and parcel of a lot of games.

No doubt a carefully cultured response will throw some light, or smoke on the reason. I bait with weighted breath. Oooops a Freudian slip!.

Nagg: Yes Lyndon ....... In the end all was good - fish landed & points tallied ( just like Ricky Pontings win at the SCG ..... brilliance or lucky) - I have my thoughts on both!

Yes cool Nagg having your thoughts is fine, ways of delivering it could improve and motive is hard to work out or objective at times.

Let's look at it from a learning point of view. That's why i asked the question. Since you have questioned the Taylors systems 2 years in a row, i just want to know what you thought would be a better system for the Taylors to use, or was it criticism with no solution?
    (Pot Shots)

What is your system/advice for the Taylors?

Better system or different system - time will tell

So what is your system you would have the Taylors use to fight fish?
    What is the landing system you advise the Taylors to use?

All we want is for you to offer up some solutions, don't just grand stand.

Your solutions will make this a learning thread. Constant critical threads with no solutions just makes you look like you suffer from Tall Poppy Syndrome and maybe that you are not confident once put on the spot to offer up a solution or a system that may be reviewed, kind of like the review you did on the Taylors in 2009 and 2010.

All cool here, we can all learn from each other, so what are your fish catching systems and landing systems that can help the Taylors and us all improve?

Cheers Lyndon

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingBarradise View Post
    Nagg: Yes Lyndon ....... In the end all was good - fish landed & points tallied ( just like Ricky Pontings win at the SCG ..... brilliance or lucky) - I have my thoughts on both!

Yes cool Nagg having your thoughts is fine, ways of delivering it could improve and motive is hard to work out or objective at times.

Let's look at it from a learning point of view. That's why i asked the question. Since you have questioned the Taylors systems 2 years in a row, i just want to know what you thought would be a better system for the Taylors to use, or was it criticism with no solution?
    (Pot Shots)

What is your system/advice for the Taylors?

Better system or different system - time will tell

So what is your system you would have the Taylors use to fight fish?
    What is the landing system you advise the Taylors to use?

All we want is for you to offer up some solutions, don't just grand stand.

Your solutions will make this a learning thread. Constant critical threads with no solutions just makes you look like you suffer from Tall Poppy Syndrome and maybe that you are not confident once put on the spot to offer up a solution or a system that may be reviewed, kind of like the review you did on the Taylors in 2009 and 2010.

All cool here, we can all learn from each other, so what are your fish catching systems and landing systems that can help the Taylors and us all improve?

Cheers Lyndon
    Explanations were given in my original post

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Pasfield View Post
    And that’s what cheapens the shot that was fired from between the lines of the post that set this thread on its ear. Added to the fact it was fired on a public forum at people who might only visit once in a blue moon, it was one aimed squarely at their back.

Where’s the smoking gun? It’s embedded in the body language, or emoticons that clearly carry much of the posts intent. Generally speaking the rolling of the eyes implies the following – ‘I don’t know or am unsure of what you’re trying to do or say…….but I think its silly/stupid! As an example picture a conversation with someone about what you do and them rolling their eyes at what you have to say. It’s hardly pleasant and certainly does not provide constructive feedback. In short it’s dismissive and well short on respect.

Precede the ‘roll eyes’ with an ‘undecided’ emoticon and the message is that the worth of the techniques is undecided but they should be derided regardless.

My only real interest is why the shot was taken?

Looking for a fight? The last sentence and added ‘wink’ would suggest that was on the cards.

Reopen a wound between posters here; it certainly was a pretty good effort judging by the responses and such a shame after the Barra Basics thread that had people exchanging information freely without personal agendas surfacing.

Sour grapes? Some would suggest that’s the underlying issue.

Genuine debate and analysis on controversial techniques? Hardly, Nagg’s a smart fella and wouldn’t make the blunder of phrasing the questions in such a way that would not generate good discussion.

Bringing the Taylors back to the field a tad? Maybe, to be candid they have been anointed angling demigods by all and sundry, that’s apparent from well over the horizon.

A competitor’s tactic to put them off their game? Sledging is part and parcel of a lot of games.

No doubt a carefully cultured response will throw some light, or smoke on the reason. I bait with weighted breath. Oooops a Freudian slip!.
    Dick .... you're a wise wise man .
    I'll leave it to you to decide the motives behind what I wrote

I probably should have backed off on my emoticons - however , I could visualise the bulging eyes & blood boiling of some...... so what the heck.

In the end Dick .... I saw it the way I did - and wrote it.
    I feel entitled to my opinion & I'm certainly not intimidated by any potential flack . ( yes it was totally expected) .......

Back to the questions originally posed - with the exception of Scotts thoughtful reply (which I had already mentioned disorientation) - all we have seen from the pro camp is name calling , innuendo , rhetoric & scrapbooking

..... I gave my opinions & why ...... now I'm all ears

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

If you are true to your word and are 'all ears now'- go back over the last 12 months of positive articles, educational pieces and start a fresh. Search for the tonnes of information shared by those with multiples of time/years experience than yours and extract the beneficial material on offer, use it wisely, and respect that it is there in front of you to utilise, otherwise the sources and contributors can and will very easily dry up. To improve your basic 1 fish landed every 4 hours in comp time 2009, I suggest the 'all ears now' statement of yours could be of major benefit. If you rewind the tape and become all ears rather than 'opinion based' you will learn way more. Opinion never stands up against fact.
    I don't particularly want to read a typical response from you, do as you say- " all ears". Go back and see what you have missed in 2008/9/10. Read what each post says, not what you think it says. The quality shared is second to none.
    Any thin ice responses will break this camp for good. The learning house is on edge. There are more than just cracks in the manifold.
    J