Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2 stroke end in sight

Re: 2 stroke end in sight

I know that 2 stroke engines pollute but has anyone ever seen the amount of thick black smoke that comes out of freighters? Funny how they dont get a mention and they go all day and night for months at a time.
    tug_tellum
    Not all tools are usefull.
    Nappies and politicians should be changed regularly for the same reason..

Our council late last year went to a three-bin system, splitting what was once landfill only, into seperate landfill and compostible waste. In the first week only, they collected 90 tonnes of compostible waste that would be turned into fertiliser rather than going to landfill. Our landfill collection has more than halved, and I know I now select products where the packaging is recyclable rather than landfill.
    Just because there are a lot of steps to take to make a better outcome, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make a start...............

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

True about the recycling/green waste.

Although in public places everyone seems to put rubbish/recyclables in both bins, so the whole lot most likely ends up in landfill.

Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post
    Our council late last year went to a three-bin system, splitting what was once landfill only, into seperate landfill and compostible waste. In the first week only, they collected 90 tonnes of compostible waste that would be turned into fertiliser rather than going to landfill. Our landfill collection has more than halved, and I know I now select products where the packaging is recyclable rather than landfill.
    Just because there are a lot of steps to take to make a better outcome, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t make a start...............

Which bin do you put old 2 strokes in.

Off topic but as ben475 says its not all clear cut. Put ceramics in your recycle bins, the whole load gets dumped in general waste, in fact anything identified early in the process tgat shouldn't be there means the entire truck load is dumped. We really do need to be educated in what do with waste and how to separate it.

Recycling is becoming a farce.
    Glass export has crashed......now we have warehouses full of crushed glass ready for export with nowhere to sell it to.
    Paper recycling is on the decline, China and India have halved their quota for incoming.
    Metals is still going ok all be it down about 25% from 3 years ago.

I built machinery decades ago for recycling the stuff we put in out recycling bins....guess what? A large percentage of that goes to landfill when the machine goes right, if there is a break down it all goes to landfill until the machines are operable again.

There is a ceiling to our recycling capabilities, we exceed this daily.

If there was to be a push to reduce waste it will have to come from primary packaging.
    Why does everything need glossy plastic / cardboard packaging?
    Why cant the meat we buy be wrapped in paper rather than selecting pre-packaged meats in styrofoam and cling wraps?

We need to reverse engineer our primary packaging before we deal with the shopping bag issue...at least they can be re-used as rubbish bags etc.
    Jack.

Off topic, what can i say, im easily distracted.

2 stroke, i quite like them, noise, smell, smoke dont bother me, a bit nostalgic possibly.
    would love to try out a new 4 stk one day.

Under about 15hp, 2stk would still be my preference.

That is exactly my thoughts, we shouldn't need to recycle because we shouldn't be getting the shit in the first place, milk in washable glass bottles, meat in paper and on and on.

First for me I’m quoting myself.......
    Quote Originally Posted by swof63 View Post

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Silver Member

I AM A 2 STROKE LOVER.. take the planet out of it... take noise out of it.... take fuel consumption out of it.... i know all these things and to be honest i am pissed they are being banned.... not to get religous once again but i hope they got 2 strokes in heaven as i love em just the way they are.. thats my closing statement on this thread, unless someone gives me something interesting to reply 2....
    ill be somewhere up the creek, happy trails..

Crikey, didnt my remarks get a run!! lol.
    I wasnt moralising, everyone is allowed to make their own decisions. However, dont cry when the government finally earns its keep and pushes the polluters out of business. I was just stating the obvious, how much do you really care about others? Everything revolves around personal decisions magnified by society.
    If 2 stroke smokers were gone 10 years ago, we wouldnt even be having this discussion. As for others who have higher polluting vehicles such as trucks, its up to government to regulate, thats why we have a government. Your responsibility is for what you control, what you want and what you buy. You can think of the greater good or send a two finger salute. Thats your choice. Personally, i think its a poor choice and we all make poor choices at times, ce la vive

If you do have a smoker, i aint gonna say get rid of it. It will die in its own time. Then , you will buy whatever suites you best with whats available.

Ausfish Silver Member

dont know who ur talkin to andy.. but its not a run and i dont care what anyone thinks,, see thats the problem its not about pleasing you the government or the planet.. and you having a run about why 2 stroke lovers should be alienated by saying things like, having a cry or governenment earning its keep etc.. and saying people resposibilitys to do what u and others think is best.. man you wont give up your car right now youd cry youd tell everyone to back off.. pretty hipocritical commest as you wont do crap for the planet yourself, no you call others selfish and disrespectfull in subtle comments... and ill say it one more time its done its law and thats it 2 strokes are on the way out in time.. im just saying i always have and always will love 2 strokes.. so no more posts telling me i dont care or im in a bubble... glass house hippocrits,, give up your car, your steak, your aircon electricity, tin food etc, and then act all ritcheous..and tell me its all my 2 strokes fault.. and saying your not moralizing, well feels like it bud..

Ausfish Silver Member

by the way i say that with good intetions, i really dont care,i wont mind a 4 stroke, and im kool ill go with the times, just dont tell people what they are until you clean your own game up is all im saying, no anger or disrespect meant, im just saying it as i see it... peace...

Ausfish Silver Member

these threads are great to learn, debate, and share our own knowledge with others. noone is always right all the time, and we all have to take it with a grain of salt, but i see a divide among a few of us and the message i get is we who love 2 strokes and dont say all the things sensitive people want to hear, yous think we dont care..you dont know me and should ask if i care and not tell me how bad i am to the waterways. maybe your too late maybe you need to stop stressing and worrying about the planet.. ill tell you someting your too late in my opinion. more and more land is being ruined and rivers and the ozone and with all the hippies crying,, well to tell you the truth maybe yous need some green as your stressing about something outside your control. i do care and if i thought the majority (billions) were going to sacrifice i might agree with you all and do all i can.. ill bet me 2 stroke it aint gonna happen. go fishing eat your steak and live life. and by the way every ancient people had profecys, about the end of the world and rivers dying etc. not just cristians but indians maoris and a lot more to name a few.. im not having a run as i am not stressed or have a problem, i really want to tell you, let it go man. banning my little 2 stroke wont save this planet..

No, banning them won't save the planet, but, it's just one tiny step in a huge walk, lots of things that were common have been banned, and most for the better, especially cancer causing materials, it's just part of the big wheel, it has to be nibbled at, bit by bit.

I agree with Noelm, 2 strokes this year......VW's next year......just keep chipping away