Thread: Minn Kota 80 question.

Minn Kota 80 question.

Has anyone got one of these? Need to know about "tilt height" as am going to try to fit to a boat and need to do it "under the railing" or have to remove the railings. With the leg extended to full depth what is the height maximum as the motor tilts into lock position? Have a smaller unit on my creek boat which has a tilt height of 40cm but can't find in the Minn Kota specs what this height is on the 80. Maybe its the same with all the extra grunt on the propeller end and the head unit is the same size. Anyone know?

Regards

kc

Re: Minn Kota 80 question.

at a guess... they have a "collar" which is adjustable for the depth then you could get the specs off the shaft length.. or, go into a shop with a tapemeasure or ring a shop that has them and ask them to do it..

Used mine yesterday. Without removing the boat cover an educated it would be approx 400 mm. However I have a bit higher so the cable can move around freely.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I would say 400 is correct. I could not drop mine down because of the winch and spare wheel is in the way.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Ray
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks guys. Have decided to remove the railing and save the grief. Don't like the bloody things in any case as they make it harder to get on and off the boat. Have spoken to dealer in the US and no issue with removing railing and mounting Minn Kota on the boat. A Triumph 235 CC. Beast of a boat. Will be interesting to see if the Minn Kota lives up to its specs of an 80 lb unit being able to deal with boats to 25 feet. Don't expect miracles in heavy conditions but really looking to use the spot lock facility for deep water bottom fishing and shallow water "bombie hopping".

Cheers

KC

I have an 80 on a 20'cc and it is ok. Would suggest that you consider bigger if you can.
    I am so happy to wake up in the morning.

Beats the alternative!