Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Already explained it on this page..
    Yes but no-one expected that you were actually going to run it offshore like that!

Take a couple of weeks and put some money from your next few pays to take it from youtube finished to actually seaworthy. For a bloke who claims to be worried about sinking/needing rescuing you are taking a bit of a risk.

Matt

It's always an "issue" when you start using something not finished, what starts as a test ride ends up being a fishing trip, then another and another, before you know it, a year has passed and the cables are still lying on the floor, and a dozen other jobs just get pushed aside, and I speak from experience, I have done it many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I have done it many times.
    For a year you have left your primary start battery bouncing around unrestrained and underwater in the splash well...?

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Battery in the engine well. What could possibly go wrong!
    Sometimes you just shake your head

Must be practicing for the Darwin Award

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Can't do much without money.. i'll likely be driving the boat the same way everytime im offshore just because its fun and the boat handled itpiss easy

Moments like this I feel that marine rescue operations need a "nah get fùcked" option. If I rolled up in the VMR boat and saw that set up I'd be tempted to leave you out there. You don't care enough to fix it then why should someone risk themselves to rescue you.

The battery hasnt moved in 5 trips out so what are ya's sooking about, the boat moves forwards not sideways the battery is perfectly fine where it is

Its not as if its a tinny doing 40kph in 1.5m swell banging around like crazy

The battery has never moved once

Ran into aproblem with my trailer mover one relay stopped working and it was dark i couldnt see the right side wheels i reversed the trailer into my small tree in the driveway and snapped the weld on the jockey post so i need to do some weld repairs

Trying to find a narva replacement relay the chinese stuff is garbage

Go to a reputable auto electrician, buying eBay junk is just asking for trouble and double buying to fix faulty stuff, I never buy "cheap" shit off eBay now.

The battery hasnt moved in 5 trips out so what are ya's sooking about, the boat moves forwards not sideways the battery is perfectly fine where it is

Its not as if its a tinny doing 40kph in 1.5m swell banging around like crazy

The battery has never moved once
    Hmmmm ...... that is , till it does . ..... afterall there must be a reason why most of the boating world secures their batteries .

I wonder how many would give your setup the thumbs up ?

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Besides the obvious safety concerns, loose or corroded connections or an intermittent power supply from a poorly setup battery and wiring can also risk damaging your outboards computer module...

Not cheap to replace either..

As mentioned there are good reasons as to why thats the only boat I have seen with a loose starter battery in the splashwell.....

You have talked in the past about needing to be towed back to port for one reason or another..

Gazza, cosmetics and other stuff can be sorted out at your own leisure if you get around to it but sort that shit out so it doesnt become someone else's problem...particularly if you are running offshore...

All you need is 2 longer cables from outboard to battery, dont you...?, Then you can secure it inside the boat somewhere..?

BTW you have joined the VMR havent you....?

Safety gear, marine radio and bilge pump all sorted out..?

Yeah im not buying the relays off ebay they'll likely be the same used on the mover now, bunnings sells Narva brand for half the price of repco or super cheap, my local little auto shop just sells the cheap no brand relays too

Need around 4 meter long battery cables they are not cheap in 2 gauge @ 4 meters x two and tinned cables

I just dont have the money to do anymore boat work atm

Need around 4 meter long battery cables they are not cheap in 2 gauge @ 4 meters x two and tinned cables

I just dont have the money to do anymore boat work atm
    I'm lost for words. You might go out 5 times without an issue but almost guarantee that in the next 5 trips you will come a cropper.
    Do yourself a favour and sort it out otherwise you will end up on the wrong end of yayatube.