Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: leatherjackets 2011

Re: leatherjackets 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bondy99 View Post
    Lovely jackets, nice solid flesh...I too use to work on a prawn trawler down Port Stephens..LFB Andana, sold to Fortuna Fishing some time ago by former owner Danny Asquith.

Use to be good, long hours and nice sea conditions until nets muddied up and mongrel 12ft tiger shark in the codend,,,couple of bullets ended that, ruined the catch.

Nice leather jackets, vey tasty along with prawns and bugs mixed with fresh garlic and olive oil.... That was about 30 years ago, miss the lifestyle but not the work.

Bondy
    hey bondy
    i know the boat 4 dicks had it in coffs harbour for awhile
    till rowly took it back

not looking real good for next weekend but we all know how the weatherman changes his story

cheers Murf

and Muzz I managed to eat all that seafood tray took some doing though

Quote Originally Posted by GABBA110360 View Post
    hey bondy
    i know the boat 4 dicks had it in coffs harbour for awhile
    till rowly took it back
    G'day Gabba,

Yeah Mike Rowley had her for a while and Jerry was the skipper, good bloke, but had a lot of issues with Andana..cut a long story short, bugger took on water, tow line snapped a few times being towed by Water Police, then decided to cut rope and let the bugger sink...sunk in so called unrecoverable waters...cops vessel had party on board with woman....insurance job I'm certain but one will never know, Andana was never recovered..waters too deep.

Last I heard Rowley shot through to Cairns some time ago leaving a debt at Nelson Bay Fisherman's Coop

I wonder how his son Joe is fairing?

Bondy

Good onya Murf,

Muzz called earlier about weather..hmmmm, me waits and sees, damn blastered weather.

I'll be sinking my chops into those jackets sooner or later, preferably sooner

Bondy

and Muzz I managed to eat all that seafood tray took some doing though

Ahhhhh, im feelin for ya.

Muzz

G'day Gabba,

Last I heard Rowley shot through to Cairns some time ago leaving a debt at Nelson Bay Fisherman's Coop

I wonder how his son Joe is fairing?

Bondy
    yeah Bondy
    there was a lot of dodgy stuff with that lot and the bloke i refered to earlier who had it in coffs when barr was driving it.
    the last two boats i drove were naomi star and osiris out of yamba , ballina
    cheers
    ken

How long did you drive the naomi star for?

yeah Bondy
    there was a lot of dodgy stuff with that lot and the bloke i refered to earlier who had it in coffs when barr was driving it.
    the last two boats i drove were naomi star and osiris out of yamba , ballina
    cheers
    ken
    G'day Ken,

Small world hey!!

One of the co founders of that Fishermans Coop would love to catch up with Rowley for some mutual blessings

I seen Naomi Star on the odd occasion when I was down that way.

Do you know when Royal Red Prawns come back on the market as I'm after a few kilos of em, good for cooking.

Cheers,

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by mattooty View Post
    How long did you drive the naomi star for?
    about 4 years .
    after Groper sold it to everson's late 98-late 02 out of yamba

G'day Ken,

Small world hey!!

One of the co founders of that Fishermans Coop would love to catch up with Rowley for some mutual blessings

I seen Naomi Star on the odd occasion when I was down that way.

Do you know when Royal Red Prawns come back on the market as I'm after a few kilos of em, good for cooking.

Cheers,

Peter
    there is probably only a handfull of boats endorsed to even catch then now.
    f....n endorsement mayhem.
    i think your allowed 100 kilo incidental catch if not endorsed.
    you dont chase reds for a 100 kilo i'm afraid
    unless mixed with deep water bugs yum
    ken

well its changing quickly

got a good feed today with the 13yo daughter ( she won $80 worth of cash prizes ) she got smoked a couple of times that was as funny as

Murf,

Is the weather chaging quickly again, for the worst or for the better this time i.e. for this coming weekend?

Bondy

you dont chase reds for a 100 kilo i'm afraid
    unless mixed with deep water bugs yum
    ken
    G'day Ken,

You still in contact with the guys that get them? If so, what time of year they get them? I know you can only get these on the continental shelf.

Peter

Muzz,

Looks like you and Murf had a good munch out on the jackets. I reckon salt, pepper, lime juice/ zest cooked in butter with a hint of ginger and garlic on a bed of rice with some soy sauce.

about 4 years .
    after Groper sold it to everson's late 98-late 02 out of yamba
    Yeh I worked at the Clarence River Fisherman's Co-op for a while and worked with the Eversons. Good mates with their boys all my age. Funny how small a world it is. Its a lovely boat, nearly went over recently when it stallled on the bar a little while back.