Thread: Powered jockey plate

Powered jockey plate

Gday all,

I have been thinking lately about fitting a powered jockey plate to my trailer. I use my boat on a very regular basis and, call me lazy if you will, but the biggest pain in my butt is lifting it on and off the towbar of the car. I have a big plate instead of a wheel with a drawbar weight of 400-450kg. I know they make powered jockey wheels for manouvreing caravans and boats on flat even ground but what Im after is something that just goes up and down and can get the nose of the boat nice and high for cleaning and draining. . I have an Anderson plug at the back of the car for power. I thought that Shirley such a thing would exist but cant seem to find anything like it either here or overseas on the net. Any ideas????

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Re: Powered jockey plate

Move your axles back for less towbar weight

I believe I would need to move them forward for less drawbar weight, but that not the issue, its at 10% of overall weight on the drawbar and I am happy with how its balanced. As luck would have it my mate and I were talking about it and I just checked my emails to see this. http://m.northerntool.com/mt/www.nor...1584_200381584

Seems he googles better than me!! This is exactly what I am after.

Sorry forward?!!¡

That is a lot of drawbar weight-what are you towing with? As it is quite a bit more than the Landcruiser etc are rated for?

I agree thats a crazy high amount on the rear springs to be carrying too. I dont thnk i have ever seen or towed anywhere near that amount even on 3T boats.
    That being said if your happy then its all good.

I use my Hi lift Jack for such things you can buy one for $100 probably.
    Time to do some Fishin & less workin.

Its an F250 with airbags. Boat weighs 4.5t loaded. It rides and handles it without too much fuss. Thanks for the link honda, I did a bit of research adter googling the right thing and purchased one os.

Oh. Nuff said.

I use a forklift Shane, makes light work of it too

Chris, that's a cracker
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Yes, forklifts rock for the job, I have access to one but unfortunately its not mine and doesnt live where I live. Ended up picking up a 4500lb jobby for what I think is a good price considering the job it hopefully does. Im a happy boy.....

Blog Entries

Shane what the hell is a jockey plate is that where your nob jockey sits ????