Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Re: I would love to take this on, Big Huntsman

Still ride softer than a Hilux or any other 4wd ute based idea you were toying with.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Seen this a couple days ago someone will snap it up 17k bargain fibreglass stringers!!! Add afloor, redo the transom, add a pod your laughing

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/land...oid_VIP_bottom

15k for a new trailer as that’s just sitting on a marina mover

Can build a alloy trailer for about half of that 15k steve,new trailer 8k? Hull $17k, engine 20k, transom 3k, floor 3k, its still a 100k boat

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Can build a alloy trailer for about half of that 15k steve,new trailer 8k? Hull $17k, engine 20k, transom 3k, floor 3k, its still a 100k boat
    As usual your budgeting is a bit short

Flat bed hire to move from Landsborough to your place
    Money to find a new place to store it when you can't fit it down the side of your house
    Electronics

Also I feel you are short on outboard price - what are you going to get for 20K that will power that boat well
    And then you need to make the trailer legal for a boat of that size so proper brakes, wheels etc etc

You are right it is a 100k boat as that is what you will eventually put into it to make it great

Matt

Gee, lucky it doesn't require any of that expensive electrical stuff you've been complaining about in other threads.

Your estimated rebuild cost is a pipedream. As is selling it for $100k after spending $50k on it.

Now spending $100k on it to get it right? Yeah, that's more like it. I could see that. But you'd struggle to get your money back if you sold it.

Oh here we go again...

Gaz just plucking figures out of his arse..

Gaz, taking into account the photo's of your current project you also forgot that with your level of expertise in finishing fibreglass and the extra costs imposed by your lack of orgnisational skills plus the other (large) costs raised by the fella's above i doubt there is much money for you to make at the point of sale....and besides there is no splashwell in that one to situate your motorbike starter battery...

Wonder how the Fairlane would go towing it..oh thats right you were going to buy a truck as well werent you..?

When are you moving out to your 20K Hobbit house in desert again..?

there is over 2k just in the breakway system for the trailer
    how much did you invest in your boat and its no where near finished where you would sell it to someone ?
    what you put in would be all that you got back

would be 50k in engines and fitting alone

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    how much did you invest in your boat and its no where near finished where you would sell it to someone ?

15k for my boat, motor, trailer? Dreamin Steve, it could be insured for 30k

Try price a tandem hydraulic braked 6 meter trailer for less than $10,000

Quote Originally Posted by Mopheus View Post
    Gee, lucky it doesn't require any of that expensive electrical stuff you've been complaining about in other threads.

Your estimated rebuild cost is a pipedream. As is selling it for $100k after spending $50k on it.

Now spending $100k on it to get it right? Yeah, that's more like it. I could see that. But you'd struggle to get your money back if you sold it.
    Hey Moph its a clone of the legendary Formula 233 hull

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au;[URL="tel:1692503"
    1692503[/URL]]15k for my boat, motor, trailer? Dreamin Steve, it could be insured for 30k

What are you talking about ? whats 15 k got to do with anything

Ill say it slowly
    what did your boat cost to do and its not even half finished underpowered and on a home made trailer?
    versus what do you think this 233 would cost to finish to a standard someone would pay 100k for ?
    there is easily 50k in two engines and rigging and controls and a 900 sounder won’t cut it

and yes a decent alloy trailer may be even more then 15k as i paid over 10k 18 years ago for a 233 gal twin axle trailer with cable break away

Interesting figure, have you insured it yet. Guarantee as it's a rebuild it will require an inspection and I doubt your figures are close.
    A Formula 233 hull would require more towing than you have any capability to do. Here in Qld the trailer would require a road worthy every year as it would be well and truly over weight wise. Also you haven't taken into account all the new tools you will buy, it seems you spend more on them than the actual boat/trailer.
    These days I work on the basis of "I reckon it'll taken hour so double that then double it again and it'll be close. Same with the finance.
    Finish your current project first.

Bull sh!t!! Not a hope in hell! Put the pipe down and step away from the keyboard.

Steve, you are closer than our friend Gaz, The hydraulics alone is over $1k, the calipers around $600 +, then the axles will need to be 4T rating, not cheap. And just the amount of material required for the trailer is probably at least 4 times the amount he thinks he needs, more than likely 6 times. Just the tyres and rims themselves have to be rated, once you go over the 2T rating a shit load more regs come into play and it is generally a lot higher requirements. Just ask me how I know.

What are you talking about ? whats 15 k got to do with anything

Ill say it slowly
    what did your boat cost to do and its not even half finished underpowered and on a home made trailer?
    versus what do you think this 233 would cost to finish to a standard someone would pay 100k for ?
    there is easily 50k in two engines and rigging and controls and a 900 sounder won’t cut it

and yes a decent alloy trailer may be even more then 15k as i paid over 10k 18 years ago for a 233 gal twin axle trailer with cable break away
    15k is where im at cost wise in the whole build, remember you suggested i could have bought a 14k tinny, who wants a 4 meter tinny Steve? Im a actual fisherman who drives a boat accordingly i dont drive like a softcock but i dont wring its ass out either

Under powered it does 60kph 1 or 4 people on board, a haines hunter v19 only do 90kph with 250hp

$900 sounder ouch i paid more than that Stevie come on man...

You are very jealous Steve i have even been told, coming from someone that had owned a F233 i cant believe it.