Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ausfish Barra Diary

Re: Ausfish Barra Diary

Mondy over the last week...11th to 18th

I seen some awesome action from Barra boils to hard hitting smash and grabs to complete free jump...

In my eye's the huge amount of Gar in and around the areas we all seemed to be hooking fish was the give away Bird bay weed beeds fleeting gar free jumping barra and many fish commiting to Sp's slow rolled from a foot of water toward a mored boat.... B bay points gar working in schools and the barra coming on in small wave one night trev and myself mannaged to hook 4 fish in a bite period of 20 minutes all just before dark, again slow rolled SP's in the timber got a few fish on Xrap worked very hard on the second pause od 4 to 6 seconds and also worked on points in B bay....

plenty of cast plenty of action not many committed fish but enough to keep the arm rolling over and keep the lures in the wet stuff..

Nath

Thumbs up Re: Ausfish Barra Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Mondy over the last week...11th to 18th

I seen some awesome action from Barra boils to hard hitting smash and grabs to complete free jump...

In my eye's the huge amount of Gar in and around the areas we all seemed to be hooking fish was the give away Bird bay weed beeds fleeting gar free jumping barra and many fish commiting to Sp's slow rolled from a foot of water toward a mored boat.... B bay points gar working in schools and the barra coming on in small wave one night trev and myself mannaged to hook 4 fish in a bite period of 20 minutes all just before dark, again slow rolled SP's in the timber got a few fish on Xrap worked very hard on the second pause od 4 to 6 seconds and also worked on points in B bay....

plenty of cast plenty of action not many committed fish but enough to keep the arm rolling over and keep the lures in the wet stuff..

Nath
    So Nath, you are a soft plastic convert now?

You said 'got a few fish on Xrap worked very hard' meaning you were working the X Rap hard? or it was hard work to get an interest in the X Rap?

The fish were in small waves at night. So were you flogging the plastics at night and HBodies in the light?

Daryl

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    So Nath, you are a soft plastic convert now?

You said 'got a few fish on Xrap worked very hard' meaning you were working the X Rap hard? or it was hard work to get an interest in the X Rap?

The fish were in small waves at night. So were you flogging the plastics at night and HBodies in the light?

Daryl
    Hey Dazz
    Mate the night Trev and I fished pepper, it seemed the fish where in transition, moving around the point in small waves of fish 3 or 4 hence why in the one period we got 4 fish in 20 minutes after many casts prior.

The X Rap well I cast it out useing a realy violent retive mixed with pauses up to 6 seconds then a hard 5 jerk retive then 7 seconds 3 jerk I found on the 5 jerk retive the moment it paused the fish hit....

Hey Dazz
    Mate the night Trev and I fished pepper, it seemed the fish where in transition, moving around the point in small waves of fish 3 or 4 hence why in the one period we got 4 fish in 20 minutes after many casts prior.

The X Rap well I cast it out useing a realy violent retive mixed with pauses up to 6 seconds then a hard 5 jerk retive then 7 seconds 3 jerk I found on the 5 jerk retive the moment it paused the fish hit....
    Just make sure those "Potato Peelers " don't sneak up on ya Nath
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Hey Dazz

That is the same pattern and near enough the same place as the session had there with Nagg about a month ago where I hooked the big girl on the chartreuse tail drop bear only to have it spat back, but it confirms the system works .

You just have to be there when they are passing and present something that takes there interest.

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by t4topcat View Post
    G'day all,

I'm just wondering is anyone going to submit knowledge to this little diary forum as I'm still learning the ropes in the Impoundment Barra scene and would love to gain as much wisdom from the combined knowledge base of my far more experienced Ausfih brethren when it comes to chasing this awesome sportsfish?

Cheers

Chris
    Yes I would like to see it happen too as I am only a novice when it comes to the Majestic Barra and I would love to learn more on the techniques of catching them.
    Cheers
    Brian

We fished Mondy 23rd - 26th (am) - Various locations were fished in light to strong NE - N winds. ( mornings calm) - Water temps ranged from 24-29C.
    11 barra landed ( low 90s-low 100s) ...... on 5" hollow bellies & 110 slick rigs.
    Probably 12 fish were lost to line failures , stitch ups , jump offs. No particular location or time prevailed with fish caught / encountered in 5 locations between 6am - 8pm.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    We fished Mondy 23rd - 26th (am) - Various locations were fished in light to strong NE - N winds. ( mornings calm) - Water temps ranged from 24-29C.
    11 barra landed ( low 90s-low 100s) ...... on 5" hollow bellies & 110 slick rigs.
    Probably 12 fish were lost to line failures , stitch ups , jump offs. No particular location or time prevailed with fish caught / encountered in 5 locations between 6am - 8pm.

Chris
    Chris you have to be happy with that!

Interesting no location or time preference. When they are on they are on.
    The calm before the storm?

And volume more so than size, interesting again? It just goes to show you eh

12 lost to line failure? Are you doing up the drag with pliers again?

Thanks for report.

The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Chris you have to be happy with that!

Interesting no location or time preference. When they are on they are on.
    The calm before the storm?

12 lost to line failure? Are you doing up the drag with pliers again?

Thanks for report.
    No Daryl .... 12 lost (approx) ..... 3 fish lost to line breakages ( faulty braid) 3 stitch ups & the rest jump off , pulled hooks, leader .

& yes ,,,,,, came on pretty well right through the day with a 3 from 3 fish landed (11-12.30pm) probably the best ...... then we had a 8-10am session with 3 landed 2 broken main lines & 1 lost at the boat while waiting for the net that we never had followed by a 4-5.30pm .... 1 landed , 1 jump off , 1 pulled hooks & 1 stitch up ...... these were the most active periods.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

cheers Whitto its mainly for our old mate NAGG save his fingers a little on the keyboard see we are always thinking of ya chris

YES YOU need to help NAGG;S fingers but he sleeps with that keyboard yep married to it

bumping. again..........
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks again Phill,

You barra guys and gals need to post on this thread more frequently for it to stay up and not be consigned to the archives.

Cheers,
    John.