Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Before anyone says the engine is to low as 1 cousin 2 mates and1 uncle have said... its not a flat bottom tinny guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

Then why ask if you don’t want a answer

engine seemed to be vibrating was it running on all cylinders

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    Then why ask if you don’t want a answer

engine seemed to be vibrating was it running on all cylinders
    Bevause i dont want everyone asking the same stupid question if the engine is to low in the video!!!

That engine seems a bit low?

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    That engine seems a bit low?
    I agree are you sure the engine isn't too low?

Typical Strokers...

Guys you don't have to be happy for me i can't control your happyness but i am prety stoked with the boat she is very very stable i walked to one rear side the hull barely moved 10mm, my chines are just under the water she sits beautiful in the water

With full power she will drive off and on the trailer properly, she reversed off the trailer but needed my cousin to rock the bow, she drove straight onto the trailer and powered up almost to where the v block goes she was 50cm shy of fully driving onto the trailer (lack of engine power in limp mode)

You know what all the blokes saying the transom was ganna fail, motor fall off, boat sink, a rescue needed blah....

Im the one sleeping good tonight knowing all the shitty comments are done and dusted.... if you cant be happy for someone else you may not be happy with your self

For those brain genius guys that have said learn to reverse the boat up the driveway... plus notice the 8-10 meters of brick wall...

Just make sure the motor doesn't have a neutral rev limit switch (not a start in gear switch) on the motor near the gear shift, I am pretty sure it does, and this switch limits the RPM to around 3,000 (like the Suzuki) and can/will trigger a 6 beep sequence, just something to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Just make sure the motor doesn't have a neutral rev limit switch (not a start in gear switch) on the motor near the gear shift, I am pretty sure it does, and this switch limits the RPM to around 3,000 (like the Suzuki) and can/will trigger a 6 beep sequence, just something to check.
    Thanks Noel i will check the shift linkage shortly, i only eye balled the linkages and shes hard to shift so u may be right, i just downloaded the owners manual and have screen shot how to set up the shift cables

Just check to see if there is a switch looking gizmo near the gear linkage on the motor, and test to see if it's "switching" I am not 100% sure your model has one, but it's worth checking. Six beeps on a Mercury is kind of like the check engine light on your car, it's a generic alert that the motor is not happy, but from you movie, it just seemed to be RPM limited and the revs are about right for that.

Ausfish Silver Member

read this,straight from merc.guardian - 4 stroke.jpg

I looked it up in the owners manual the reduced power and 6 beeps is the Guardian kicking in it says6 beeps isnot a critical condition and the engine can be continued to be ran at reduced speeds but it needs repair, it also says the Guardian will reset automatically once the gear returns to neutral

I will check the gear links soon and readjust and year it does have a sensor on the gear shaft but i think thatsjust a neutral switch

No, there's two neutral switches on most EFI outboards, one is the "start in gear" (in the control box) that prevents starting in gear, the other (on the motor) restricts RPM in neutral to about 3,000 RPM to prevent loonies from revving the daylights out of them in neutral.
    edit.....remember I said 6 beeps is just a generic alarm, like the check engine light?

I just followed the instructions on setting the gear cable now she shifts very easy and softly, yesterday it was so hard to shift and find neutral

She may be fixed but i cant check untill next weekend

Heres apic of the sensor on the gear shift rod