Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Aluminium T Top Roof

Re: Aluminium T Top Roof

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Give a Captiva a miss at any price.
    Diesel captivas had a lot of engine replacements in the diesels
    I went to look at one for a friend and nitice engine numbers did t match the vin plate
    it had had three replacements in 2 years

The gearbox was a dud too, I know a few people who had engines, gearboxes and sometimes both replaced a couple of times, a better car was the Ford Territory, cheap as chips and millions of them around. All that said, I have seen some 80 series Landcruisers cheap too.

I'll look at a territory my brother has one sitting in his driveway 170k interior/exterior absolutely trashed by my nephews but a good engine and gearbox could be used as aspare

Theres afew available but they arnt cheap probably doubled in price over the last 6 months

The gearbox was a dud too, I know a few people who had engines, gearboxes and sometimes both replaced a couple of times, a better car was the Ford Territory, cheap as chips and millions of them around. All that said, I have seen some 80 series Landcruisers cheap too.
    which is why a reasonable bf falcon would do
    same running gear as territory and wagons are leaf sprung

Give a Captiva a miss at any price.
    It's actually know as Craptiva ever since it was released.
    This thread needs to get back on track as it has become worse than FB with it's constant chopping and changing.
    Oh bugger, I've just added to the crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    It's actually know as Craptiva ever since it was released.
    This thread needs to get back on track as it has become worse than FB with it's constant chopping and changing.
    Oh bugger, I've just added to the crap.
    Dumb isn’t it. A thread about a T Top is a car discussion. While a thread about a Huntsman has the identical car discussion happening. Might be an idea to start a specific car thread. In any event, it’s a moot point because he just ignores everyone’s advice anyway.

All that said, I have seen some 80 series Landcruisers cheap too.
    Like this one that just popped up on FB tonight..?

bargain.jpg

There was a 75 series on fb it sat there i wanted it but i dont have 7.5k and it lookslike it was just sold

The plan is to hit the water in the next two weeks i am kind of shitting my self
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why are you worried? Just take it easy, stay close to the ramp for a bit while you sort things out and just test everything.

Just a little nervous i have never tested my fibreglassing before and i've had 3.5 years of it playing on my mind if it were to go pear shape

There may be 3 or 4 of us on board and i cant swim lol

The chance of actually sinking is pretty remote, possible, but not likely, as I said, just stay close to the ramp first off, I guess you will be launching in a river? if so, then there is definitely little to worry about, just take it easy, test the motor first, start and stop, start again, then ease on the throttle, test it bit by bit.

And we would presume, as a non-swimmer, you would be wearing a life jacket?

No Gunna, just tying a small piece of foam to my neck to keep my head above water

Its a lake Noel but yeah a river too there is a risky run in close but heaps of fallen gumtrees and obstructions, the boat has heaps of foam under the floor but i always imagine worse case senarios

Im sure it will be ok the stuff i have done to the hull like trying to roll it over and pulling it off the trailer and she hasnt cracked or split is a good indicator im just nervous