Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1770 Meet and Greet 2020 Sept 4-Sept12 2020

Re: 1770 Meet and Greet 2020 Sept 4-Sept12 2020

Well looks like my missus and me might be joining you guys up there, we had to cancel our Victorian snow trip last night due to the new covid restrictions, so now to do the logistics to get up there with finding accommodation, getting the boat and gear ready ect. will also have to see if the missus can change her work leave as well.

Cheers
    Ed.

So looks like my Missus and I are going to go up as well, just booked a rental house so need to get the boat ready and we will be there late evening on the 4th Sept.

Unfortunately I have pulled the pin, cancelled annual leave and cancelled the accommodation.
    Enjoy fellas

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Ok i'm going to put this out there and see what happens. Recently I got confirmation that of the 3 crew I had lined up each and everyone of them have bailed on this years trip. 2 fellas lost there jobs due to COVID, one of them is back working but can't get leave, and the last one was always tentative and fell through. I've been contemplating a solo trip to Gladstone to head out and around Curtis island and head up to the Keppels. Something similar to 500miles from Gladstone to Mackay DVD by Johnny Mitchel but logistically I'm not sure how to do it.

So I'm asking if there is two keen fishos (preferably experienced so won't get sick) who would like to join me on the 1770 trip?
    I have booked a large house with 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms and has a fantastic view, have a reasonable boat ready for the trip (a Cruisecraft 625 Explorer in good condition)
    Have already done the wheel bearings and prep work on the boat, have already brought the mullet bait just need a crew.
    Preferably you would enjoy a beer but not an alcoholic lol and preferably non smoker whilst on the boat.
    Would be looking to go thirds in all costs, boat fuel, bait, ice for the eskies, food in the house/lunches etc and accommodation.
    Between 3 it's pretty cheap and from memory I think $1k would easily cover your share, but would be fairly split on what we spend.

If you are keen send me a private message and i'll give you a call.
    Cheers Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Unfortunately I have pulled the pin, cancelled annual leave and cancelled the accommodation.
    Enjoy fellas
    Canceled because the only deckies up there are alcoholics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post

Just because your deckie gets stuck into the rum at breakfast time, does not make him an alcoholic... he's a PIRATE
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

But why is the all the rum gone!

Is there a date,time and place for the "Meet and Greet?"

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    But why is the all the rum gone!

Is there a date,time and place for the "Meet and Greet?"
    Yes, we are gathering at The Tavern on Friday Night 4th. You won't miss us

cheers LP

sounds..like great fun..and a danger to health....meanwhile here in Vic as we munch our tofu,sip dandelion wine and wait for even a sniff of being able to go to sea.... not happening unfortunately our leaders are now all at sea!Take plenty of photos...

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post

The last time I checked my chemistry book alcohol was a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    The last time I checked my chemistry book alcohol was a solution.
    Alcohol by itself is a harmless liquid.

Once ingested by seafaring Pirates at certain landlubber establishments, it morphs into a conduit between fact and fiction, bravado and bravery, importance and impotence, ability and inability, experience and rumour as well as having a significant impact on the mathematical conversion rates of length in relation to piscatorial predators.

Only a couple of sleeps now ferrets. Weather looks like coming good for the first bit of the week, then... she's a blowin. !

Just a quick one:
    Caltex servo now shuts at 9pm so if you're planning on towing up then fishing early, fill up in Bundy. Few road works if you go via Miriam Vale. Ice at the servo is 15 bucks per 20kg bag. You will need to book at the pub if you want a big group due to Covid. Jag the joker is also on at the pub on a friday night. The Boat storage place just out of town has bait and you can pay to wash your boat and fillet fish. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by baitable View Post
    Just a quick one:
    Caltex servo now shuts at 9pm so if you're planning on towing up then fishing early, fill up in Bundy. Few road works if you go via Miriam Vale. Ice at the servo is 15 bucks per 20kg bag. You will need to book at the pub if you want a big group due to Covid. Jag the joker is also on at the pub on a friday night. The Boat storage place just out of town has bait and you can pay to wash your boat and fillet fish. Hope this helps!
    We have booked the TAB deck at the Tavern for Friday night. But no food out there, so will need to eat inside. cheers

summary in another post, but for now.......->
    Attached Images Attached Images

So is there a run down of the event somewhere?