Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: electrickery help needed

Re: electrickery help needed

Dymo is what I use (different brand though) set it for the smallest print and just wrap around the cable once. Doesn't look as pretty as proprietary cable labels but as it's all behind a panel I can survive.

deleted post

Might have to get yourself to office works and stock up on extra label cartridges - once you start,,,,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easiest option is a fine point marker. Can also use a label with a bit of clear heat shrink over the top so they dont come adrift.

dleted post

dleted post

Clear heat shrink makes a lot of sense in the marine enviroment as u can see any corrosion happening on anyone joint so long as the heat shrink is uv stable

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Clear heat shrink makes a lot of sense in the marine enviroment as u can see any corrosion happening on anyone joint so long as the heat shrink is uv stable

Clear is just for the labels Gazza. Use dual wall for the actual joins which is black. Might be available in other colours - never looked.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    I was thinking originally of a clear heat shrink Scott, I;ll give my wife's machine a crack and see how they turn out.

Apologies for the wiring all messy and all over the place, I know with your OCD that would near make you block the post .

I had no idea when I started this, how much effort goes into setting everything out, routing the wires properly etc, I remember you told me to get a pile of those wire ties, as you will forever be cutting them to add, well that ain't half the truth ..... It is a lot easier to at least be a couple of hours on at a time, or more, up until now it's been in 1/2 hour burst here and there, which doesn't really work.. But Corona might just fix that over the next couple of months I'm picking..

Col
    No one does Col unless they have had a go themselves. I did a crew boat at work about this time last year. Basically a full rewire including new engine harnesses, fabrication of a bilge monitoring system, 8 bilge pumps, remove and refit electronics, redesign house battery system as new engines were 24 volt not 12 etc - was pretty much a full time job for 2 months. A "standard" offshore trailer boat these days takes about 3 days on average. Up spec and it's a week plus of man hours.

deleted post

I once took my boat to one of the guys that i see get recommended on here every now and again had them install a bait tank

I had a Cruiseabout tacho, fuel gauge, volt meter, cb radio think that was it and was quoted something around $1250 from memory thought to my self ...... struth!

I could have done it for $200

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I once took my boat to one of the guys that i see get recommended on here every now and again had them install a bait tank

I had a Cruiseabout tacho, fuel gauge, volt meter, cb radio think that was it and was quoted something around $1250 from memory thought to my self ...... struth!

I could have done it for $200

Bit like building an aluminium trailer. Blokes out there totally ripping people off, way cheaper to do it at home............

Matt

dleted post

Haha Col had a laugh.. i know someone just like that

Do u know Col u can buy pre assembled wire harness kits for boats there was a shop in oz a few years back

Every cable on the harness was labelled for what it went to like nav lights or bilge pump etc.. the wire harness had everything covered and if u didnt need it u just dont connect it

If you don't trust your memory then draw a circuit diagram, no labels needed when you know where the wires go.