Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IS THERE A PARTICULAR FISH YOU HAVEN'T LANDED YET & WOULD LIKE TO??? name one

Re: IS THERE A PARTICULAR FISH YOU HAVEN'T LANDED YET & WOULD LIKE TO??? name one

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    Where does one start on this, there are heaps that I would like to catch and haven't as yet but at the top of the list would be a nice 50Kg plus Yellowfin Tuna, might have to go to Montague Island for that one!
    I've fished near Montague, was chasing kings. I do remember a very aggressive shark trying to say "Hi" so we moved.
    As for big yellow fin, places like Bermagui, Narooma or similar locations would give you the best chance. The continental shelf is much closer to the mainland down there, you need that deep water. I remember one of my mates from Narooma complaining because he had only caught a Yellow fin weighing 51kg... I would be happy with a fin half that weight!!!
    cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Re: IS THERE A PARTICULAR FISH YOU HAVEN'T LANDED YET & WOULD LIKE TO??? name one

I am thinking of moving closer down that way in the next couple of years, the only thing that is putting me off is the colder weather, have acclimatized to living in QLD for too long.

Sailfish is my next one to tick off the bucket list. Then a big southern bluefin.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    I am thinking of moving closer down that way in the next couple of years, the only thing that is putting me off is the colder weather, have acclimatized to living in QLD for too long.
    If you do. Narooma Game & sports fishing club would point you in the right direction. Years ago I was hoping to move down there, I even joined that club but it didn't eventuate. Made some fantastic friends though.
    r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Sailfish is my next one to tick off the bucket list. Then a big southern bluefin.
    Gotchya!!!

Have already mentioned this story but I like repeating it, gives me goose bumps thinking about it.

I was towing either pike or slimes for macks up off Bustard Head, (can't remember exactly which type of bait) when one of my rods went off, looked back and saw an amazing beautiful sail fish jumping. Lucky for me and the Sail, the hooks had come loose but the trace had wrapped around the Sails bill, upon getting the sail to the side of my boat, I was able to insert three tags into it's shoulder, unwrap the trace then watch it swim away....BEST fishing experience of my entire life.
    Hope you experience that feeling.
    Cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

i would like to catch a dolphin mahi mahi fish , id mostly likely release it as i dont know if i could eat that most beautiful fish , even though they a renowned to be absolutey delicious. thinking about how they would fry up in crumbs mmmmmmmm ohh what the hell slice and dice.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    i would like to catch a dolphin mahi mahi fish , id mostly likely release it as i dont know if i could eat that most beautiful fish , even though they a renowned to be absolutey delicious. thinking about how they would fry up in crumbs mmmmmmmm ohh what the hell slice and dice.
    Gotchya.
    Yes, they are amazingly beautiful, they jump like a marlin.

I caught my one and only mahi mahi out on the nine mile, a reef off Tweed. I was retrieving a floating bait when out of the blue a school of fish followed, I didn't know what species they were until one grabbed the bait right at the side of my boat...I was blown away.
    I did keep it, and they are a lovely table fish, however if I ever hook up on another one I will release it, must check if they qualify for fisheries tags.
    Another tip. I was lucky to catch that m m on the nine, they are usually found out really wide & in schools.
    Hope you achieve your goal.
    Cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!

I wouldn't feel to bad about taking a feed of mahi.They mature in about five months at a weight of around six pound (wild fish).In a farmed situation they can get to around fifty pound in a year.
    Just thinking,I would also like to catch a Fingermark,another fish I haven't laid eyes on yet.

Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    I wouldn't feel to bad about taking a feed of mahi.They mature in about five months at a weight of around six pound (wild fish).In a farmed situation they can get to around fifty pound in a year.
    Just thinking,I would also like to catch a Fingermark,another fish I haven't laid eyes on yet.
    Gotchya!!
    Caught heaps of fingermark fishing off Tweed, good tucka!!! Not too shore what the boundaries (north & south) they inhabit, I might have a look see in Grant's Book of fishes.
    Cheers Roz
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!