Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What is an offshore boat?

Re: What is an offshore boat?

Yep, You are definitely named and shamed with that entry Scott !
    And I must admit, you must have huge Kahoona's to boot LOL.
    Just goes to show tho, it's not so much about the vessel, it's all about the bloke behind the wheel.......
    Bet you had some great times wide out in her.

Col

https://kickasstrips.com/2014/03/mer...-bathtub-boat/

Bathtubs are acceptable.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Well.it most certainly is either silver, white, black, blue, red, yellow and some other colours and if you don't accept that you have absolutely no clue and should be ashamed.
    Cheers

And it's made of plastic, fibreglass or aluminium. Not steel though - as Muz rightly highlighted - they sink.

i went to tasmania and told the locals my boat was an offshore boat.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Attachment 119560

This was my last barra-watersports-dive-inshore-offshore boat. Percentages subject to change without notice. Did a bucketful of open water work between Deep Tempest to the Pin bar reefs over a 20 year period and a couple of trips to 1770. It was cold wet and uncomfortable by the standards of my current ride but I never felt unsafe ( apart from when I tried to use it as a surfboard which it is most definitely NOT) despite having a red hot go at sinking it on the way to Tangas one day. The one thing it was - a shit load of fun.

Flame on lads.
    Most defiantly not an offshore boat in Sydney but parts of Australia differ lookslike a greatbay boat to hang around inside the heads on looks like you'll be standing high in that tinny

i think the definition manufacturers use can be a "general rule" ie: "5m Offshore" vessles make offshore really depends on the operator there was a guy on FB running outside the coast line of Sydney harbour in a tiny punt with six or 8hp engine that punt had sides about 35cm high his name was Ian youtube "Hooked on Sydney" https://www.youtube.com/user/HookedonSydney/videos crazy shit especially if a storm hit this bloke ended up upgrading to a 5 or 5.5m centre console from his tiny punt

doesn't take a set of testicals to go offshore but it does take some testicals to pull it off when a 100kph wind storm hits out of the blue an your in a undersize boat for the conditions but at this point your sheer shitting your self just to make it back alive

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Yep, You are definitely named and shamed with that entry Scott !
    And I must admit, you must have huge Kahoona's to boot LOL.
    Just goes to show tho, it's not so much about the vessel, it's all about the bloke behind the wheel.......
    Bet you had some great times wide out in her.

Col
    Combination of factors Col - Young, dumb and full of......enthusiasm being part of it. The other was considering myself 10 foot tall and bulletproof as a teen in much smaller boats than this in some pretty sketchy conditions - thus learning from an early age just what smaller vessels are capable of if set up properly for purpose and driven intelligently to conditions (not to mention a pretty healthy spattering of what not to do...…..a second time ).

We had some interesting close calls - stuff like anchor retrieval floats deciding to abandon ship halfway through a bar crossing taking the best part of 80 metres of rope with it - lesson learned - "tie shit down" , popping out around the corner at Amity in the Dark - straight into a surf gutter and having to punch through the break ( wait till you can see properly next time numpty) and so on but she would handle anything up to 15Knots to fish if they were biting. It would plane at 8 knots which was a big part of it's capability - we weren't getting absolutely flogged. If it blew 20-25 though you knew it wasn't going to be a fun run home.....and at times a rivet or two may disappear.

Strangely enough, all of my really close to serious f-ups have been in what would generally be classed as "offshore vessels". I think in the tin rig I was a bit more careful about a few things because I knew the margin for error would be less.

give man some wood , he will build a boat
    give man a offshore boat, he will get a woody.

What is an offshore boat?

ok I’ll be the first cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Never been offshore......it's still wrapped in plastic

Thats a nice pussy Fuzz i hope u run your hand down along it and talk to it nicely "Your getting wet this weekend"

this is a offshore weapon . as are all cats indeed .
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    ok I’ll be the first cat

This is my idea of an offshore boat . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    ok I’ll be the first cat

Don't cats turn turtle shortly after getting off the trailer?

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...highlight=roll

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    https://kickasstrips.com/2014/03/mer...-bathtub-boat/

Bathtubs are acceptable.

Cheers

Wouldn't have made it without a mighty Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Don't cats turn turtle shortly after getting off the trailer?

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...highlight=roll

Matt
    Well known fact that most cats spend about 15 hours a day sleeping. They're not horses - they have to lie down.