Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Etec G2

Re: Etec G2

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    You just live in the wrong part of the world Steve. Trailer boats have been steadily increasing in size in SE Qld for the last 10 years. The number of 6 to 8 metre boats you pass on a good weekend Friday is enough to give anyone fish envy (unless they are towing them). Word on the street is the I3 G2 is coming later this year.
    Yep Totally agree re boat size in SEQ. I live in Bayside Brisbane and 20 years ago "big" boats were 17-19ft These days everyone is running tinnys around 5m and if you are going off shore you need 6m plus.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Andy56 View Post
    logically , it doesnt make any sense. the G2 will filter down to small capacity motors. 3 cylinder 150 hp? in your dreams, lol. They are not in the business of robbing sales from them selves. Its speculation based on what? somebody's wish list? We already have G1 and G2 at 150hp, they are rational business people, they will move on down the power line in their R&D, not reinvent a great product.
    so hold on to your what ever.......
    That was a quote Andy i never said Evinrude were coming out with new products.

Just speculation and gossip at this stage, but who knows what they have in the works? I don't think it's a matter of taking sales from themselves, this is a "new" model that is filtering down the HP line.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Sorry Scottar, whats coming?
    Gen 2 inline 3 cylinder apparently. There was a media pre release day but everyone was sworn to secrecy ……...and as always happens someone let the cat out of the bag. Apparently 1.9 litre capacity, 115,135 and possibly 150 horsepower. Only reference I have seen is that the 12th is the official release date so we should all know soon.

Sounds like a schmicked up G1 75 90. The HO G1 90 runs the same V4 old 90 / 115 which was cool and the 130 so its not a massive jump to 150
    Be interesting to see what happens next and then we old tech 115HP users will want a few years of use, by eager early adopters to "prove" it.
    What could go wrong.......................

https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroa...w-008-0337.pdf

Paperwork found on line pertaining to the new model engines by some sleuthy Evinrude fan.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    https://ww3.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroa...w-008-0337.pdf

Paperwork found on line pertaining to the new model engines by some sleuthy Evinrude fan.

I was just bored

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    I was just bored
    It happens

The 115HP G2 produces good torque at lowest revs of the new G2 machines.
    Do we know the weight? off these yet

As well as a set on the Vagabond they could be a good option on the repower program for Dirtyfuzz's cat.
    What could go wrong.......................

Geez, nearly 2 pages of Etec discussion and not one uniformed negative comment yet......maybe the tide is finally turning..

Anyway my boat will not be built for probably another 3 months but I want to take advantage of the 10 year warranty...

I'm told that I have to pay in full by the end of this week to get the warranty...I had offered to put down a deposit..

Any ideas or anyone know if BRP/telwater will continue the 10 year deal......I mean how could they in good conscience have one guy get 10 yrs and a guy who buys next week not....

Ausfish Platinum Member

This whole thing about no servicing for 300 hrs and a ten year warranty? Is this solid, or smoke and mirrors? As in, "no servicing for 300 hrs" but you need to have it serviced every 12 months? And you don't get that warranty if you don't comply in every aspect?
    I'm on my second 100 hrs service for the year with my 150 Merc 4-s, certainly adds up. And I tend to go over the 100 anyway, as they go on quick. It has been in the water for 14 months, and i have 290 hrs up. In the position of having less than 100 since last service, but about to go away for a month, remote, and I'll do over 100 on that trip. And the 300 includes an accessory belt, so I'll just have to get it done before I go. Mercury have youtube videos on how easy it is to service your 150--yeah right, there goes your warranty. And , if you start doing it yourself after the basic warranty period is up, you lose your extended 5 year warranty.

There are terms and conditionsas far as I know Ranmar. I've never bothered looking into it but have seen it posted that a yearly visit is one of them. Even with the previous 5 year warranty program the BRP factory side of it was 3 years with the additional offered by Telwater having yearly requirements. Worth reading the fine print thoroughly before commiting as always.

Quote Originally Posted by ranmar850 View Post
    This whole thing about no servicing for 300 hrs and a ten year warranty? Is this solid, or smoke and mirrors? As in, "no servicing for 300 hrs" but you need to have it serviced every 12 months? And you don't get that warranty if you don't comply in every aspect?
    I'm on my second 100 hrs service for the year with my 150 Merc 4-s, certainly adds up. And I tend to go over the 100 anyway, as they go on quick. It has been in the water for 14 months, and i have 290 hrs up. In the position of having less than 100 since last service, but about to go away for a month, remote, and I'll do over 100 on that trip. And the 300 includes an accessory belt, so I'll just have to get it done before I go. Mercury have youtube videos on how easy it is to service your 150--yeah right, there goes your warranty. And , if you start doing it yourself after the basic warranty period is up, you lose your extended 5 year warranty.
    Ran when i had a new engine only a small 2 cylinder i took it in for first service and was charged $250 from memory 10 hour service, i thought holly molly its only a $1999 engine can't imagine the servicing cost over 10 years but if Evinrude uphold there end of the warranty untill day 3649 of ownership than it's well worth it but with a 10 year old salt water engine there would be a lot of wiggle room for a mechanic to say the manufacturer is not at fault

I'm told the service intervals for the G2 are now 5 yrs..

So what is a service for an Etec and does that mean you don't have to look at your motor for 5 years ……?...….Of course not....

Basically for motor that is regularly flushed and well maintained a service is going to be

Change plugs
    Change gearbox oil
    Change waterpump and impellor.
    Change fuel filter and water separator...

inspect and Maybe change anodes..

There really is not much to a 2 stroke and so many fewer moving parts and systems than a 4 stroke..

The biggest concern with the motor is that it gets clean fuel so the water separator should be changed yearly...

It also pays to occasionally remove your prop and check for line or leaks or damage to seal..maybe even have a look at the gearbox oil to check there is no water in it..

Any other thoughts out there or things I have missed...?

IMO the 4 stroke motor thing is a racket to keep dealer workshops ticking over.. ….a fella I know that has had his motor for a year.has payed $1300 for servicing costs for 76hrs use of his Suzuki...I have seen the receipts....if he doesn't service either yearly or every 100 hrs it he loses his warranty....Racket..!...

Up Today on an Evinrude Facebook page.