Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Garmin GMI10 Fuel Flow Calibration - Is It Possible?

Re: Garmin GMI10 Fuel Flow Calibration - Is It Possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Maverick can't keep up with the frigate
    Only good thing about the cat was that it had Suzi's on the back of it

Tony, because I was in mobile range and as Sam said we didn't want to hog the airways for a real emergency
    Really?? The version I heard had something to do with limiting the embarrassment factor

Maverick can't keep up with the frigate
    Only good thing about the cat was that it had Suzi's on the back of it

Tony, because I was in mobile range and as Sam said we didn't want to hog the airways for a real emergency
    Ah! I see the problem now, going back to collect Maverick because they wouldn't answer their radio, then racing back to show them where the pearlies were biting and then the hormones kicked in and the race was on at WOT, I think we must have burned at least 12.5 kms worth of fuel on that jaunt. 😂😂😂

Rob, this is what you need,esepically the last item.

Changes made from version 3.60 to 3.70:
    Updated the Magnetic Variance calucation with new projected values.
    Increased the total fuel capacity allowed to 25,000 US gallons.
    Increased precision when calculating the total fuel remaining.

You're probably right Sam.
    Plus Maverick had no chance of keeping up with those awesome Suzi's

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Ah! I see the problem now, going back to collect Maverick because they wouldn't answer their radio, then racing back to show them where the pearlies were biting and then the hormones kicked in and the race was on at WOT, I think we must have burned at least 12.5 kms worth of fuel on that jaunt. 

Don't believe everything you hear Tony, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Really?? The version I heard had something to do with limiting the embarrassment factor

Don't believe everything you hear Tony, just saying
    I'm sure more will unfold as the day goes on...............

The funny thing is Bobby you've always skited about how your suzis are .2 of a litre better than my pair of f150s..ive never not believed you...but I could never see how they would be..when I got to rooneys id used 600mls more than you..then the next nite at rooneys youd done 25klms more than me & used 5litres less...now I still didn't call bullshit..(even though I wanted to scream it out loud)..but didn't want to scare the whales!..im glad you & sam didn't run out of fuel in a dangerous situation..but when you rang me drifting 12klms out of Urangan in glass out conditions saying that a noosacat (of all boats was coming to the rescue) my face started bursting into a big smile...then when you said you had 47litres left..well..thats when I had to ring tony..it was extra special as scottar was standing beside me listening to you on loud speaker...now go & buy some yamahardness...and a dip stick

Ok, here's the pic.
    Attachment 116056
    cant find the LOVE this post button

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    the funny thing is bobby you've always skited about how your suzis are .2 of a litre better than my pair of f150s..ive never not believed you...but i could never see how they would be..when i got to rooneys id used 600mls more than you..then the next nite at rooneys youd done 25klms more than me & used 5litres less...now i still didn't call bullshit..(even though i wanted to scream it out loud)..but didn't want to scare the whales!..im glad you & sam didn't run out of fuel in a dangerous situation..but when you rang me drifting 12klms out of urangan in glass out conditions saying that a noosacat (of all boats was coming to the rescue) my face started bursting into a big smile...then when you said you had 47litres left..well..thats when i had to ring tony..it was extra special as scottar was standing beside me listening to you on loud speaker...now go & buy some yamahardness...and a dip stick
    ;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d ;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d;d ;d;d;d;d;d;d;d

I think I over loaded Ausfish with smiley faces & broke it

Neither the GMI10 or Suzuki interface can be calibrated... only a Lowrance system can be calibrated but that stays with the lowrance unit
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Hahahhahahaa
    That's why I rang you as I knew it would make you laugh.
    I especially sent you the pic cause I thought you would've put a post up, but after 24hrs of anticipation I couldn't wait, so did it myself
    Mate you were welcome to jump on Moejoes to look for yourself but hey like I said if you would've struggled to do a high kick higher than my knee cap, how the hell would you have lifted your legs over my gunnel
    Yamahardness?? I thought you left an oil slick at the ramp.
    My Suzi's are just fine, all I need is a larger fuel tank.
    Why would I need a dipstick when I have you buddy

The funny thing is Bobby you've always skited about how your suzis are .2 of a litre better than my pair of f150s..ive never not believed you...but I could never see how they would be..when I got to rooneys id used 600mls more than you..then the next nite at rooneys youd done 25klms more than me & used 5litres less...now I still didn't call bullshit..(even though I wanted to scream it out loud)..but didn't want to scare the whales!..im glad you & sam didn't run out of fuel in a dangerous situation..but when you rang me drifting 12klms out of Urangan in glass out conditions saying that a noosacat (of all boats was coming to the rescue) my face started bursting into a big smile...then when you said you had 47litres left..well..thats when I had to ring tony..it was extra special as scottar was standing beside me listening to you on loud speaker...now go & buy some yamahardness...and a dip stick

Thanks Garry,
    Really?
    Surely Garmin can write a percentage factor into their software.
    How am I supposed to know if I'll make it home or not
    Looks like I need to make my tank smaller Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    Neither the GMI10 or Suzuki interface can be calibrated... only a Lowrance system can be calibrated but that stays with the lowrance unit

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    I suggested that a 10% allowance be included, that is, if it is a 450 litre tank then set the full tank as 400 litres. Yammie gauges do this automatically, but then again unless a flow meter is installed it is all guess work. Previous trip on my boat I had used 445 litres out of 460 litres, leaving 15 litres in the tank. Close call considering the distances we were covering.

I have a 200 litre tank plus on this trip carried an extra 160 litres in jerries with Robs assistance. Seeing there was 15 litres left I decided to drain the tank to clear it of old fuel, water, crud etc.

To my surprise 55 litres came out, bloody surprised as could have upped the revs and not hold Mojoes back across Hervey Bay.

It gets more interesting, went to refill the tank and it would only take 192 litres yet previously when I'd drained the tank a few years back it had taken 200 litres. Does this mean the bottom of the tank is full of solid crud. I don't know now what to think, but I'm starting to think I might invest in a flow meter.

Jas, I think that Carrot diet has skewed your memory. 😂😂😂😂