Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Anniversary Ausfish

Happy Anniversary Ausfish

Just happened to notice that the oldest members joined on August 23rd 2001. Happy 4th Anniversary Steve. The place just keeps getting stronger and stronger.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

imported_admin

Re: Happy Anniversary Ausfish

Thanks Dale

I noticed you registered on August 24th

The site has been around since 1994 but this style of chat board was started on 23/08/01

There was another chat board before this one that qute a few members might remember. It was very basic considering what we have today.

Below is a snap shot of the general section the day this new style of board was released.

great snapshot of how things used to be.

Amazing how far we have come in a short time hey?

rock on Ausfish

well steve..definitely needs a celebration for that one..what time do we all arrive at your place for the cake and XXXX ?

Brett_Finger

OH God,
    i've have been here a while,remember the old board very well,i was working at Springwood Marine when we/Steve/Ausfish went to the new format,think behind Fitzy, i got to redigster that first day about Mid-Morning from memory..(or something like that)

Congrats Steve and to all our Members,
    you have all proved that everyone can get along without Ego's and wantabees ruining it all.

just goes to show why Ausfish is, and continues to be,

Australia's Premier - No.1 Fishing web site!!!

thanks to all fellow Moderators as well, we make a grand Old team. #
    Hookin,Brett Finger ( The Big Fella)

bidkev

Quote Originally Posted by Ausfish
    Thanks Dale

<snip>
    Below is a snap shot of the general section the day this new style of board was released.
    I notice that there were pomms begging for help even back then Not much has changed since, has it?

Cracking site lads. Keep up the good work and thanks heaps.

cheers

kev

DNO40

To infinity and beyond..............

Awesome work to all involved!!!

krtazy

awesome site well done to all involved

Guys i'm only a baby still to the site but have to say congradulations to Steve and all the members and Ausfish. The wife thinks that i'm insane with all the time i spend on the site. Great site and well done to all with many more years of help, laughs, questions and answers and mateship to come.....

Brett
    It's FULLY SIC man

DaveSue_Fishos_Two

Congrats to you Steve and to all involved. Perhaps some sort of benevolent fund could be started?? My wife reckons she has become an Ausfish widow.

Cheers and thanks

Dave

Happy Anniversary Steve,
    saphire

I remember the first one of these types of things I saw which was the Listservers Boat Page. It was mostly guys from Sydney. It might have even been more like a newsgroup with all the posts coming in via e-mail. Few years ago now. People like ########/GCFBC, Heath etc. were on it but finding Ausfish was great. A lot more Qld content. The old Ausfish board was a big step up from the Listserver page. Think it still exists in one form or another but it is still very Sydney centric.

Well done Steve for all your hard work.

BTW am up and running perfectly at home and work now. Thanks for fixing that up.

We had live chat back then to. Awwwwww Phil, you were missing me.

We sure have come a long way. I remember one of my first involvements with Ausfish was to send Steve an email complaining about the language on the board, so what happened, he made me a moderator. > > > >

Congratulations Steve, this version is the best forum design I have ever seen. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Derek