Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Re: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

i recun it will look sweet
    and as for the name of the big girl i think that 'goldmember' is surely a stayer

cheers matt

G'day Mike,

Mate, I will be around at your house at 4am with the angle grinder to take my gelcoat back out of your boat after those comments #

Nah, just jokes, I appreciate the honesty

Trust Me Mike #

And yes, I think "Gold Member" is leading the race for the name.

Two other thoughts:

"Thats Gold"

or

"Cat with a gold tooth"

or maybe back to my original thought .... "What the ?"

Anyone coming over tomorrow?

Cheers

Pete

Mate what a great project.. the colour choice will look awesome mate.. just my.2c though
    keep us posted and keep the pics coming

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin
    G'day Mike,

Mate, I will be around at your house at 4am with the angle grinder to take my gelcoat back out of your boat after those comments

[Thinks: "It could have been worse, he could've threatened to paint my boat the same colour..."]

Gulp.

What was I thinking? I meant to say how stylish, elegant and urbane it will look. No, honestly, I did.

Have you considered tartan?

Good luck,
    Mike

Mike, you absolute idiot I like that comment

Yes, I have considered Tartan, but my missus wont let me in the Valley at night

(get it?)

Cheers

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Grand_Marlin
    Mike, you absolute idiot I like that comment

Yes, I have considered Tartan, but my missus wont let me in the Valley at night

(get it?)
    I do, but not in the Valley

No worries. I hear tartan paint's difficult to mix in any case.

Good luck,
    Mike

Darryl

"Have you considered tartan?"

My Mrs has nearly finished those tartan curtains you ordered last week Pete, You paying cash or cheque mate?

I would put the gauges in it and suss the dash out with a bit if colour in it before i made a decision Pete.It's like painting a car in my books, your not going to get a feel for it until you start putting the bumpers back on it and taking the tape of the chrome so too speak.(IMO)

This cat has to look the goods as she is an advert for the excellent work you do.Hence why it needs to be an out there boat. I dont mind the Trekky colours mate ,and i understand what you are doing.

I think it looks ok, just wanted to clarify that as i dont want to upset you either and ruin my chances of a ride.

Darryl.

GM - I might be interested to come say gday and have a look... Can you email me the address (fishin_dan@ausfish.com.au)

I'll see what I can do. Probably more towards the arvo than the morning.

Cheers,
    Dan

G'day Pete
    Mate, go the gold. Looks ace. It's close enough that if there's any damage to the paint it'll blend in pretty well. Catcha soon
    Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

Good the meet you & the family today Pete! Thanks for the look at the boat!

This boat certainly will be a fishing platform and a half when it's done!!! The gold on the dash certainly does look pretty good. And with the plans he's got for the instrument panel, it will come up tops...

As I said to you though Pete, I don't know if the gold (after seeing it) will suit the WHOLE boat...

Thanks heaps for the info you gave me too. Certainly answered a few things I was unsure of.

Seeya again soon, and hope I get put on the list for deckie roster once you've got her going!

Cheers,
    Dan

G'day Pete

That's a dilemma with the gauges allright. The genuine Volvo parts price is scary. Keep looking for the after market option.

I love goooold, you must've fallen victim to an unfortunate smelting accident also.

Getting off the topic, we had a 225 Optimax with a cowling full of saltwater today, on approach to the Sth Passage bar. The "brass" connector for the return cooling hose had corroded through. This brass fitting was screwed into the top of the leg inside the cowl, screwed into cast alloy! Bolting two annodes to the leg and bracket doesn't make freshwater motors saltwater motors.
    cheers, Steve.

G'day All,

It looks like most like the colour, some dont.... I will keep experimenting.

I am not sure about the colour over the whole boat, but I am unsure of how to break it up .....

Good to catch up Dan, and happy to share some advice.

Gelsec, I will keep looking for gauges, I will talk to the VDO rep this week.

Mike, I thought I might have got another phonecall after your outing on the weekend, but Dan tells me you kept it in the deeper stuff this time
    I can however make you a good line guard for the motor

Darryl, the curtains are appreciated, but why are you changing the currency?? Contraband was always your preferred choice. ps That south american Iguana you gave me is looking ill.....

Cheers

Pete

[quote author=Grand_Marlin link=1145436662/75#76 date=1146397081]G'day Mike,

Mate, I will be around at your house at 4am with the angle grinder to take my gelcoat back out of your boat after those comments #

Nah, just jokes, I appreciate the honesty

Trust Me Mike #

And yes, I think "Gold Member" is leading the race for the name.

Two other thoughts:

"Thats Gold"

or

"Cat with a gold tooth"

or maybe back to my original thought .... "What the ?"

Anyone coming over tomorrow?

Cheers

Pete

hows about XXXX (gold)?

Darryl

It's been a good month for contraband so thought i would go for the cash instead.

Iguana is ill? maybe you have had him to close to the FGI bucket my friend,No refunds on iguana's sorry Pete. Have you made room for your lama? Should arrive this week. I do a six month warranty on those.

Darryl.

G'day Insideout,

xxxx Gold is quite likely ... but I would need sponsorship on an ongoing basis

G'day Darryl,

I knew that Iguana would cause trouble....

Looking forward to the Llama though

Cheers

Pete