Re: Sharkat 700 Rebuild

Kieran stripping cabin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you like the helm setup??

What about the custom gear shift?

Cutting out the old table platform ... it was all glassed in and took a day to cut it out.

Dont you hate working when you look out at days like this?

first thing I notice is a handsaw, come on Pete give the workers some power tools, theres enough work to do by hand without cutting it up by hand. LOL
    Nice looking rig
    cheers
    blaze

Behind the poor old Triton ... notice the back wheels are only just touching the ground?
    This was one job we had to do on the trailer ... move the wheels back

First time on the water.

Thanks blaze ... nah make em earn their keep .... #sad thing is it was me on the end of it #

The grinder was just creating too much dust in the cabin. Even with the 1/2 face respirator, it was still too harsh.

Cheers

Pete

Gee she sits very proudly in the water and that is without the curtains lol wow

Ahoj

Hey pete, i'm fixing up a 15 foot aluminium cat what do you think it will cost me for sandblasting and paint job.

Brent

Hey Kid,

Depends on how good you want the job .... (everyone says they got their car painted for $200 bucks and a carton of VB....)

If the hull comes up ok after blasting and doesnt need too much filling, then you will be looking at around $500 (estimate) to blast and $1000 of materials and $1000 to paint.

Cheers

Pete

Hi mates

Came acros something very pleasing. This canoe with home made outriggers seem to be the ultimate what this sort of vesel can handle Equiped for 2 people very stable and with 3 HP motor electric motor and fishfinder ---went like a rocket...
    I would classify this vesel as MINI CAT 1
    My calypso conversion --- -- MIDI Cat 2
    And Marlins 23 footer ---- SUPER CAT

Ahoj

Hey Pete, it's going to be a top rig when you finish it. Christ $15 for the boat and it was still running, pretty good value that. Mate are you going to leave the pods on the stern, are they necessary, or are you going to replace them with somthing else? Can't wait to see how it turns out. Are you going to sell it when its finished, of keep it for yourself?

Camo

G'day Camo,

15 grand was the price ... not 15 bucks (I wish)

Undecided about the pods ... they look like $hit, but do perform a role in additional buoyancy
    Cats have a habit of flooding the back deck with any weight on the back. I will give it a couple of runs first, then see what happens.

I am most probably going to take them off for painting, so I can then try the boat without them...

Any thoughts anyone????

I will be keeping this one

I have always wanted one of these ... you could say my dream boat.

Cheers

Pete

Hi GM

I guess the previous owner though the pods where needed.
    Is the diesel heavier than two OBs, hard to see, and weight is further forward with the inboard. If it was used for crabbing the pods may have helped with the extra load, getting out of the hole and coming home.
    regards Steve.